Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COS bonus using Special & SWU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:00 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by privatejet
I just wanted to clarify here -on NA flights, if upgraded using a cert (even at the gate) one gets 100% miles +25% COS bonus? Even last year? I have never gotten the 100% miles and bonus for gate upgrades and last year I was getting a lot of upgrades on my YYZ-YVR run; all at the gate. I have kept my boarding cards though....
Yes, if you used a cert to upgrade from eligible fare, then you should get 100%+25% on North America flights (125% for transborder only started in Feb). One thing people can do is ask the GA to make a note in the PNR that you used a cert to UG, that will make it much more easier when trying to claim the extra miles for C class.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:05 am

Empress -Thanks! I literaly have probably 20 flights from last year that I will go back and get extra miles for.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
As usual, problem fixed, proper miles credited. At least the process is fairly painless with no boarding pass required to be sent in, all done over the phone with a helpful Aeroplan SE desk agent. ^
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:36 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Question

Sorry if this is off thread…

I will use EuroBonus miles to upgrade to Business Class on PVG-CPH (operated by SK) on an upcoming flight in May. I have switched to Aeroplan this year and will hit 35k with this trip. If I were to credit my miles to EuroBonus I know that I wouldn’t get any extra bonus for my upgrade (just the miles for Y). But will Aeroplan see this as a J class ticket and credit COS bonus to my account?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It occasionally happens but usually only when changes to the itinerary/reservation are made, ie earlier/later flight etc.

I think they have worked to try and eliminate some of these things out of the computer system. With AC, there was a time that you could count on any change to automatically put you in the wrong (well right for us! ) class and get full or more than full miles! Has not happened to me in a long time now.

But each airline res system is different . . .
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:10 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by Gustaf
Sorry if this is off thread…

I will use EuroBonus miles to upgrade to Business Class on PVG-CPH (operated by SK) on an upcoming flight in May. I have switched to Aeroplan this year and will hit 35k with this trip. If I were to credit my miles to EuroBonus I know that I wouldn’t get any extra bonus for my upgrade (just the miles for Y). But will Aeroplan see this as a J class ticket and credit COS bonus to my account?
It will depends on what SK booked the upgrade in. Do you happen to know the booking class?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:35 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Empress
It will depends on what SK booked the upgrade in. Do you happen to know the booking class?
Upgrades for miles with SK is done on a stby basis, I have no clue how they do it or if they change the booking class. I'll look into that.

Thanks for your replies BlondeBomber and Empress!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.