Hong Kong AeroplanPromotion

Old Feb 15, 04, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Empress, what are you doing with all your AC points? :P
Old Feb 15, 04, 12:08 pm

Posted by YOWkid:
"So Empress, what are you doing with all your AC points? :P"
=======================================
Didn't you know? he's giving it to ac777, Shareholder, Ferrari, Parnel and cattle!!
In a more serious vein-- I got my cross the oceans bonus posted today but since I didn't go to HKG by the direct route--no bonuses.
Old Feb 16, 04, 1:45 pm

I figure this out:
From BOS to HKG on AC, it's about US$700 ~ C$910.

I will get 16k status miles; 15k + 7.5k bonus; and I will get 5k as I will cross the threshold. That's only C$0.02 per miles.

so tempting~
Old Feb 17, 04, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
From talking to an Destina.ca agent, the Hong Kong trip promotion is a Q fare which qualifies for both mile promotions.

The agent did say that the trip promotion is a package and this Q fare is not upgradeable. Does AC know when a Q fare is not upgradeable?

Has anyone booked this package and ask for an upgrade using a SSWU?
Old Feb 17, 04, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I suspect the destina agent was quoting general line about upgradable fares, not knowing of this year's SSWUs. Remember, these are not widely available and these agents generally know less than folks here on FT. I dare say many AC lines staff are only learning of the SSWUs as they start being presented at check-in counters.
Old Feb 17, 04, 11:00 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Scott218:
The agent did say that the trip promotion is a package and this Q fare is not upgradeable. Does AC know when a Q fare is not upgradeable?</font>
They don't know about and probably will never know about the SSWU hence what they told you about upgradability. They are indeed upgradeable using SSWU. The red eye flight to HKG would be easier to upgrade (AC015); you need to be S/E or higher to have a good shot with the afternoon flight. The one I am on this week is close to sold out when I got my upgrade.

Good time to go to HKG now as weather is really comfortable!
Old Feb 18, 04, 9:19 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
That's what I thought too.

Anyone want to have a DO in HKG?

With the extra miles, the trip gives a pretty good value.

Search this Thread