Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I would hope that AC procures vendors that have contracts stating that during peak times that they have more staff on hand... not less. But what do I know.
I couldn't agree more!

Actually, the experience as a whole was a pain and it was only thanks to the YVR concierge team that it did not end up being a total disaster. Even before takeoff for my first leg of the day I knew my bags would not make it because the connection time was way too tight (that was LH's fault as they cancelled the original flight and put me on the next). The lineup at baggage services at YVR was atrocious and there was no priority line or anything like that. Worldtracer website was down all weekend with server errors so I could not take the progress online. And the baggage service hotline was a joke: clueless agents who make you feel bad that you even call… Than again, seeing how the YVR concierge team went out of their way was a nice surprise and very good experience.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by totti
I couldn't agree more!

Actually, the experience as a whole was a pain and it was only thanks to the YVR concierge team that it did not end up being a total disaster. Even before takeoff for my first leg of the day I knew my bags would not make it because the connection time was way too tight (that was LH's fault as they cancelled the original flight and put me on the next). The lineup at baggage services at YVR was atrocious and there was no priority line or anything like that. Worldtracer website was down all weekend with server errors so I could not take the progress online. And the baggage service hotline was a joke: clueless agents who make you feel bad that you even call… Than again, seeing how the YVR concierge team went out of their way was a nice surprise and very good experience.
Probably a good thing (if you can say that) this happened at YVR. Many will agree with me that they arguably have the best concierge team in NA... perhaps system wide but I would say maybe LHR and TYO might be comporable.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Probably a good thing (if you can say that) this happened at YVR. Many will agree with me that they arguably have the best concierge team in NA... perhaps system wide but I would say maybe LHR and TYO might be comporable.
Agreed! The team at YVR is awesome. I had mixed experiences at LHR and FRA with some outstanding service but also mediocre ones.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I agree that YVR has an amazing team. I would not, however, put them above my home group. The YEG Concierge is also amazing. YWG has also delivered some fantastic service.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I am partial to the team at LGA. Tough terminal. Tough airport. The most entitled flyers I have ever seen.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
This wasn't a Concierge but don't see a more appropriate thread to post this to.

I was scheduled on the first flight out of YYZ -> Sun destination where my parents live on Thursday, Thanksgiving day. Showed up Wednesday night at the altitude desk, ready to stay at the Sheraton Gateway, and 2 great customer service agents (names kept private) were able to confirm me in J (I had confirmed e-upgrade for original flight) on an [oversold] flight so I could get down and surprise my parents one night early. Fantastic service on-board and in the terminal.

Thanks AC! This is why I'm loyal.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:17 pm

Great LHR concierge assistance

LHR team very helpful as always - getting through to the Dublin connector and in return helping with a special request which was highly appreciated. LHR isn’t my favorite airport but the concierge team certainly make up for it!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I will put a thank you for the concierge in TPE.

I had an hour connection at the far side of the airport. As efficient as TPE is for connections, I was able to arrive at the gate without running due to her assistance.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lcohen999

I had an hour connection at the far side of the airport. As efficient as TPE is for connections, I was able to arrive at the gate without running due to her assistance.
I relayed your thanks to TPE concierge this afternoon. She enjoyed reading your post and said she hopes you had a good trip to Singapore!
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:34 am

TPE

Originally Posted by lcohen999

It’s a great team at TPE - specific thanks to Daisy who also guided me through a bit of maze yesterday 😄
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
This is a little belated, but a big thanks to the FRA concierge team, and Anna in particular. They are great, and when a delayed departure on my inbound meant I was going to miss my connection, it just took an email to the team while we were sitting getting deiced, and a new connecting flight was arranged while I was in the air. Totally seamless and easy. Big thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ridefar
This is a little belated, but a big thanks to the FRA concierge team, and Anna in particular. They are great, and when a delayed departure on my inbound meant I was going to miss my connection, it just took an email to the team while we were sitting getting deiced, and a new connecting flight was arranged while I was in the air. Totally seamless and easy. Big thanks.
Anna has been fantastic to me as well when dealing with the joys of FRA and tight/missed connections.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Thanks to the entire YOW concierge team, who has always made my travel adventures seamless with their assistance. Last week, I travelled on separate tickets with Air Canada to PEK and then onwards to BKK with Air China. After speaking with an Air China representative on the phone that insisted that my checked luggage wouldn't be tagged through to BKK, as the two airline systems are incompatible. The morning of my flight, Julie from the YOW concierge team asked her colleague to verify that the luggage could be tagged through to BKK et voilà, it was. Then Julie contacted the PEK concierge to ensure that my transfer there was seamless. I insisted that the PEK concierge needed to just confirm by email that my luggage will be routed to BKK. However, Robin, the PEK concierge, met me at the plane and explained that the luggage would be tagged through to the final destination and assisted me with the international in-transit process. Thanks to the YOW and PEK concierges for making me have a fantastic MR, oops I meant an excellent vacation!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Wanted to thank the LAX concierge team, who proactively protected me on the next LAX - YYZ flight since my flight was returned to the gate with a mechanical issue. Ended up not needing the protected flight, but good to know I was being looked after. I only noticed the additional flight when my app notified me it was time to check-in, no one had actually called me yet. My travel companion on a separate booking wasn't protected on the next flight, so I can only assume it was the concierge team who was looking out for me.

Would not have been fun if they had to cancel the Dreamliner flight!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Deleted - Definitely did not work out.

Last edited by YVRtoYYZ; Dec 11, 2018 at 2:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.