The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Dec 10, 05, 2:53 pm
  #76  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 44*38.670N 63*37.548W
Programs: several
Posts: 1,870
Thanks Concierges - v.2005

Now that we're nearing the end of 2005, I though it might be appropriate to bring this thread back to thank AC's terrific team of concierges once again. The best thing about Air Canada!

For me, I didn't have too much contact with them in the past year, except in some of the ML lounges, but I want to show my appreciation for the few that I did:

In YYZ: Patricia, Tamara & Peggy - (I think that's her name?) They went to great lengths to help us during a family emergency we only learned of as we were departing YHZ. Pat is just EXCELLENT! She brought our little guy from the T1 office, all the way down to the gate & even right on board the aircraft...while we were scrambling around, trying to get through security. ^ Grazie Pat!

In HNL: the lady that works the nights. (Richard's colleague) Helped me sort out a frantic last- minute Australian ETA that was supposed to have been confirmed, but wasn't, 5 min. before the flight was to board. They weren't going to board me otherwise!

In YHZ: the nice lady with glasses - ?!? Always cheerful and friendly to chat with.

In LHR: Calvin - still great. Helped us 'huge' with a misconnect to NCE.

------------

Feel free to add your AC Concierge friends from '05! ...and for Mr. Marc Tacchi: I'm sure you could write a book on the subject after what you did this Fall!

Last edited by jral; Dec 10, 05 at 3:05 pm
jral is offline  
Old Dec 10, 05, 4:41 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Bonvoy Platinum Elite; Nexus, APEC
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by jral
Now that we're nearing the end of 2005, I though it might be appropriate to bring this thread back to thank AC's terrific team of concierges once again. The best thing about Air Canada!

For me, I didn't have too much contact with them in the past year, except in some of the ML lounges, but I want to show my appreciation for the few that I did:

In YYZ: Patricia, Tamara & Peggy - (I think that's her name?) They went to great lengths to help us during a family emergency we only learned of as we were departing YHZ. Pat is just EXCELLENT! She brought our little guy from the T1 office, all the way down to the gate & even right on board the aircraft...while we were scrambling around, trying to get through security. ^ Grazie Pat!

In HNL: the lady that works the nights. (Richard's colleague) Helped me sort out a frantic last- minute Australian ETA that was supposed to have been confirmed, but wasn't, 5 min. before the flight was to board. They weren't going to board me otherwise!

In YHZ: the nice lady with glasses - ?!? Always cheerful and friendly to chat with.

In LHR: Calvin - still great. Helped us 'huge' with a misconnect to NCE.

------------

Feel free to add your AC Concierge friends from '05! ...and for Mr. Marc Tacchi: I'm sure you could write a book on the subject after what you did this Fall!

.... And the wonderful concierge in Hong Kong who patiently deals with impossible connection to Singapore on UA.
Mustang Sally is offline  
Old Dec 10, 05, 6:57 pm
  #78  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
To Anne Rozen in YYZ you are a lifesaver!
why fly is offline  
Old Dec 11, 05, 6:51 am
  #79  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 12,006
Originally Posted by why fly
To Anne Rozen in YYZ you are a lifesaver!

Anne Rosen is indeed a very good YYZ concierge.
There are many other,very good ,YYZ concierges,IMO. ^
acysb87 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 05, 6:58 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: YUL-YQB-BTV
Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
Posts: 4,342
Thanks to Natalie in YUL. She helped twice in 05 (my return year at AC/AP after Premex at UA), even if I'm only Elite. Kudo's!! ^ ^
Super Larry is offline  
Old Dec 11, 05, 9:41 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CANADA
Programs: LH, BA, KE
Posts: 454
Kudos to Patricia (A.M. shift) in YYZ T1. Efficient & super!
Airbus330 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 05, 5:38 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SW BC Canada
Posts: 240
Don't forget the gang in Vancouver! The Int'l & US departures side ones are great.
Wardair A310 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:58 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 42
to Debra in YVR. Thank you for getting me on the PVG flight last week, just in time. :-: Happy holidays.
I Want PTV is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 3:51 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YYZ; AC SE MM * UA PP * BA G * DL SM MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Accor Platinum * Queen's 92
Posts: 5,933
My week last week was saved by a concierge in Vancouver.

As my flight (luckily Haamer-less, so a 333) landed in YVR, it slowly dawned on me that my wallet was sitting in the backseat of my car.

I had a meeting in SEA the next morning, and one in DTW the next day.

I had no cash.
I had no credit cards.
I had no AE/MP ID.
I had no driver's license.

And to boot, my wallet was sitting, nicely exposed, in the T1 parking lot at YYZ.

This guy sums it all up:

The in-charge summoned the concierge, who came racing across the airport to hear of my dilemna.

In no time at all, the following occurred:

+ a call was placed to the concierge in YYZ that my car key would be incoming on the YVR-YYZ red-eye with instructions to open up my car in the morning, and either hide or grab my wallet.

+ I was able to confirm with the Marriott in SEA that they would let me in without a credit card imprint, as they had my CC on file.

+ The concierge phoned her husband at home, and had him drive in with cash. She then went to the exchange booth, had it changed to US funds, and loaned me (as it turned out, the perfect amount) what I needed to get me back hom again after my jaunts in SEA and DTW.

+ I then got to ride on one of those carts for the first time to US Customs.

This good lady totally saved my week. I had visions of sleeping in SEA airport that luckily did not come true.

The rest of the week was also helped greatly by the managers at the SEA and Chicago Marriotts, who let me in with no CC ^

It was not helped whatsoever by those wonderful folks at UA.

My flight from SEA-ORD was delayed due to weather.

"No worries", I was told. "All flights in and out of ORD tonight are delayed due to weather."

On the airphone with my dad the whole way in, I was able to determine that the ORD-DTW was showing as going out more or less on time. And that the inbound had already landed.

Then a delay popped up.

Raced to the gate. Naturally, they did not hold the plane. It left 5 minutes before I arrived.

"UA will take care of you - just go to the lounge."

Anyone want to guess on whether the matron let me in?

I told her my story.

"How do I know you're not lying?"
"I'm an AC Super Elite, I have access to this lounge."
"How do I know that?"
"It's on my BP"
"I need your card"
"I just told you my wallet is in the back seat of my car in YYZ"
"I need your card"
"Look, here's my SE luggage tags"
"I need your card"
"Look, here's my SE welcome package"
"I need your card"
"Look, here are my personalized AC upgrade certificates with MY NAME ON THEM."
"I need your card"
"Thanks for your incredible helpfulness to a UA PE customer in need flying in F."

ORD of course was a mess. So after 2.5 hours of sleep, got back on the plane to DTW the next morning.

Net result:

AC - ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
UA -

And I will forever be in debt to the concierge in YVR who saved my trip.
Simon is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 3:58 pm
  #85  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: yvr
Programs: AC
Posts: 566
Good one Simon

Too bad there are no "loser" smilies.

Lorna
Lornag is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 3:59 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PSP
Programs: AC*SE
Posts: 1,878
Originally Posted by Simon
And I will forever be in debt to the concierge in YVR who saved my trip.

It's great stories like this, and people who take the time to report it, that make this fourm worthwhile to aspiring SEs.

Good job Concierage staff and poster! ^
negotiator is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 4:25 pm
  #87  
At Large
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: oakville Ontario canada;AC*SE
Posts: 16,985
Originally Posted by Simon
AC - ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
UA -

Good stuff and good service......hope you send her flowers as well as the cash she loaned you.

As for UA where is royalty when we need it's comprehensive support for them.
parnel is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 4:33 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YYZ; AC SE MM * UA PP * BA G * DL SM MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Accor Platinum * Queen's 92
Posts: 5,933
I most certainly intend to upon her return from vacation
Simon is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 7:36 pm
  #89  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
Originally Posted by parnel

As for UA where is royalty when we need it's comprehensive support for them.
why fly is offline  
Old Jun 1, 06, 8:18 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PSP
Programs: AC*SE
Posts: 1,878
Originally Posted by parnel
Good stuff and good service......hope you send her flowers as well as the cash she loaned you.

As for UA where is royalty when we need it's comprehensive support for them.
Hello!

Glade to see you here !

Negotiator
negotiator is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: