The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Aug 16, 03, 9:31 am

I have to admit, the I've had great experiences with the ORD and YOW concierge team...

In ORD, they are always there meeting the flights and have your next gate of departure ready for you...

In YOW, the team helped pull me out of US departures, rebook a flight and get my luggage quite quickly after a cancelled flight (post security check) and also helped me one night when my wife was stranded in the economy class line and was in danger of missing her flight...

Regarding YYZ, I've yet to see a black jacket there.. I've called in and had some good conversations over the phone but it seems I'm usually travelling during peak times and noone is available to assist in person... ah well.. I'll meet them someday...

To all of the black jackets, they're doing a great job and go out of their way to be helpful... Thanks!

B
Old Aug 17, 03, 5:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ac777:
All the concierge group at YYC are great. I cannot single out any one as being better as I have dealt with all of them over time and found them to be the best group of people I have dealt with in the airline area. The ones at other areas are extremely efficient and helpful as well but most of my dealings is with YYC. They are very helpful in all aspects and have never told me they cannot do something. And I have asked for a lot at times. I think their motto is Ask and Ye shall receive. Great group and one of the best services that AC provides. Now I hope RM doesn't find this as a deviation from the norm and delete them. 2 of them at YYC are on a prolonged leave but due back soon.</font>

ac777 I have to agree with you. I was only trying to say an extra thank you to those who were working during the blackout. I can't believe the hoops they jumped through. I know they put in some very long days to help all passengers, not just the SE's. This is what makes them truly special in my mind. I also have not had the pleasure of meeting all of them yet but have no doubts that they have the "can do" attitude that you mention.

Just wanted to clarify my last post as I was really tired when I did it but wanted to get the thank you out right away.
Old Oct 1, 03, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just wanted to say I can't thank the concierges enough. Cut through the BS (like today) in no time, get me what I want when I want when the rest of the machinery doesn't seem able to respond. Courteous, quick and effective--gotta love them.

Thanks concierges!

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels (1 MB!)
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels
Old Nov 22, 03, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently flew SQ in Y to SIN from YVR. I needed a good seat and SQ does not do advance seat selection. On arrival in YVR, I asked the concierge in the MLL for advice and possible help to get a good seat. The concierge went to her SQ conterpart and got me a seat with no one next to me. Thanks Maureen for the great service.

Old Nov 22, 03, 10:05 pm
At Large

Got a call today from Kim one of the two YEG concierges and when he heard I was going to see the Habs win tonight he offered me some of his AC winter gear if I needed any to beat the cold.That's service.Thanks Kim.
Old Dec 30, 03, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: several
I'm bringing this one forward again for good reason...one year (to the day!) later.

THANK YOU, ALL AC CONCIERGES!

Again, on the few occasions I spoke to the Concierges this year, they never ceased to amaze me. Always helpful and kind. Special mention to Rob in Sydney, whom I trust is well on the mend by now. Also thank you to those who went out of their way for me in YHZ & YVR this year.
Old Dec 30, 03, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
To the concierges in ORD:

Janice: Thanks for all the chocolates!
Angela: For noticing that my travel agent booked me on the wrong day and waiving the
change fee
Paul: Thanks for making my mother's trip an enjoyable experience for her

To YYC:

Cynthia: Thanks for everything during the year. See you in the new year. I hope Santa got you those new appliances you wanted

SYD:

Robin: thanks for the fast track through immigration to start my vacation. Nice to have finally met you.

Lorraine: Good luck filling Robert's shoes while he is recuperating! I'm sure Robin is a great teacher.
Old Dec 30, 03, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a chance to experience the service of a concierge in LHR a few weeks back on the way to YHZ when I forgot my racksack in the London Lounge. Without going into any details, she was great and definitely calmed me down as I was started to panic. I must say that LHR is definitely my favorite AC station! I even gave them a box of Belgian chocolates afterwards.

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited Dec 30, 2003).]
Old Dec 30, 03, 1:43 pm

Thanks to the YYC concierge team.

When I was leaving on my Christmas trip on the 22nd they gave me a small box to be opened on the plane. Inside.....

A keychain with a cow on it that "Mooooed" when you pressed it which turned into one of those mad cow rantings and ravings. To top it off it had a THONG on.

ROFLMAO

In YWG last night I received a phone call on my cell from the concierge to inform me that my plane was going to be delayed at least 90 minutes and not to worry about getting to the airport too early. She also passed along a request to the Lead for our flight as the concierge office was going to be closed when we were leaving. The Lead came into the lounge and found us and helped us out with a smile as well.

I am happy for those who don't feel the need to use the concierge but they really are great when you do need them. It's amazing how "small things" you can live without but they make happen can make a trip that much more enjoyable
Old Dec 30, 03, 5:36 pm

Are these the AC folks that wear black uniforms with a scarf? I think I saw one last week at YUL.
Old Dec 30, 03, 6:25 pm

Osaka/KIX had Ms. Fumiyo Hongo until mid December who had been always very nice for arrival as well as departure.

She left Air Canada as she and her husband moved to Hokkaido.

I haven't heard about a new C at KIX.
Old Dec 30, 03, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I Want PTV:
Are these the AC folks that wear black uniforms with a scarf? I think I saw one last week at YUL.</font>
Yes, they are usually dressed in black uniforms.
Old Dec 31, 03, 6:37 pm

Thank you to Kathy in Calgary who helped my father & I change to good flights during the Aug. blackout.

Old Jan 1, 04, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chuza:
Osaka/KIX had Ms. Fumiyo Hongo until mid December who had been always very nice for arrival as well as departure.

She left Air Canada as she and her husband moved to Hokkaido.

I haven't heard about a new C at KIX.
</font>
She was very helpful to us once. Helped couriering our luggage to a hotel in Hakone.

Anyway, Hokkaido sounds like a nicer life environment. Good for her.

Old Jan 1, 04, 11:14 pm

The ladies in YOW are fantastic - Micheline and Julie always have a smile and a solution. Too bad they have to walk so far to the MLL. AC should get them roller blades.
I have had excellent service at most airports in Canada. Cynthia, Cathy and the group in YYC are outstanding - they never fail to say hello. Domenic, David, Brenda, Ann et al are wonderful in YYZ. The ladies in Hlaifax are great as are Jan and others in YVR.
AC needs to keep this group - they are one of the few SE benefits left.
Has anyone noticed that AC dos not like the concierge to get accolades from passengers ?
When they help me (often) I send AC SE an e-mail outlining the great job they do. The e-mail is never forwarded to the individual. I will cc the individaul concierge in 2004.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: