The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Jan 4, 20, 1:18 pm
  #511  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 22,470
Good experience with the LHR team two days ago. When we needed to be rebooked subsequent to an unpleasant experience where TP cancelled my wife's SAUA upgrade (but not mine) when boarding. Which I described in detail in the TP subforum:

Unpleasant TP experience or when confirmed means nothing

As it happened, at that point I was already in touch with an LHR concierge, having received an e-mail informing that the armrest was not working on my assigned seat and offering to switch me to another one. At which point I mentioned that the LIS-LHR flight was delayed and that we risked missing our connection. Next, when we refused the TP downgrade, I got another e-mail from LHR telling me that they had noticed that TP had offloaded me.

At which point I requested that if possible they rebook me on the next day noon flight (a 788, with small J cabin so we were not sure), the 9 am being a bit too early for a good night sleep. Which they promptly did. I did not ask for seat assignments, and somehow seat maps were unavailable on aircanada.com and on the app, and neither was I able to check, but it turns out they actually dealt with that too. Keeping us posted by e-mail through the process.

Next day, in the lounge we had a bit of a conversation and they had nothing good to say about how TP handled the issue. I did not quite understand but apparently TP had rebooked me, but my wife, on a separate file because our itineraries differred slightly on flights out of YYZ, they had only waitlisted for some reason.

Anyway, this was an occasion in which the concierge service tuned out to be very useful, promptly and efficiently resolving the issue and lowering the stress level. We are very grateful to the LHR team, but very unimpressed with TP. But I suppose we can claim EU flight delay compensation with them.
Stranger is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 1:57 am
  #512  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 873
Good concierge service at NRT

Kinda got a surprise flight intervention from AC concierge on my flight home today.

i was suppose to fly on AC 4 from NRT to YVR then connect to Toronto on AAC 118.
with the weather in Vancouver over night, the Inbound AC 3 was delayed 3 hours, and my flight was delayed till 7:50pm from 6:30pm.

so I knew itíll be a fun day of flying. I was traveling from ITM Osaka to NRT on ANA, then onward with AC.
when I deplaned are NRT, I was met by the AC concierge, and she mentioned the weather delay if the inbound flight, and they are having maintenance issues with the plane upon landing, and might risk further delays.
she gave me an option of going to Haneda airport and taking the direct flight to Toronto. AC would pay for the shuttle bus to get us to HND.

so now I am on the airport limo bus to HND with 1 hour till boarding. Letís see if I made the right decision.

i was surprised the AC concierge was monitoring the flight and offered alternatives. I was in a reward J seat if that mattered and a SEMM.
JordanYVR likes this.
Commie is offline  
Old Feb 8, 20, 1:01 pm
  #513  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: YYC
Programs: Aeroplan SE100KMM, IHG Spire
Posts: 45
Multiple thanks to the concierges this week. Monday flying YYC-YUL-YQB on a new A220 out of YYC. The plane needed rebooting a couple of times before we could leave the gate: like everything these days if the computer doesn't work you go nowhere. This made the connection in YUL tight and was met by the concierge for a quick trot through the concourse. I made it and, amazingly, so did made bags.

Then caught up in the snow storm in Quebec City and spent a couple of hours on the phone with different concierges as flights got cancelled and shifted.

Now on AC143 YYZ-YYC. YQB-YYZ was delayed and wasn't to gate until 12:25. Again met by the concierge and literally ran with her through the concourse to the the next flight. And an upgrade to boot! The concierges are the best.
Isotopist is offline  
Old Feb 29, 20, 11:38 am
  #514  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Halifax
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Posts: 3,371
Last Thursday out of ORD I was scheduled on my regular ORD-YUL-YHZ, AC 7590 leaving at the ungodly hour of 7AM. 7590 was cancelled, as usual, sacraficed regional to appease the snow clearing gods at ORD or YUL.

The robot rerouted me thorough YYZ, on a much more reasonable AC 7610 leaving at 0925. AC 7605 , its earlier version was delayed long enough that Borris out of ORD got me on it.

This turned out especially fortuitously as 7610 got within sight of YYZ before being diverted to DTW for a few hours. Much as the LH lounge is nice, getting home is nicer.

(Flight waitress failed to serve anyone a hot meal however. Maybe that was less embarrassing than heating up the 3 meals they loaded?)
RangerNS is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 8:34 am
  #515  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: YVR
Programs: Aeroplan SE100k 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 12
YVRMAN here, and I've just completed my annual pilgrimage from YVR to MAN to see MUFC. Return from LHR - YVR booked in Y using Aeroplan basic 30,000 points. Met John, the Concierge at LHR and asked if an eUpgrade was possible (couldn't do it onlne due to new reservation system). Not holding out much hope I went to the gate to board and there was John who confirmed my upgrade to J.

Many thanks John. See you when I'm on my next YVR-MAN pilgrimage.
YVRMAN is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 9:10 am
  #516  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,754
Last Sunday, Mar 1, I was scheduled to fly AC 461 YOW-YYZ, connecting to AC 824 YYZ-AMS. As scheduled 461 is supposed to arrive at 18:15, providing ample time to make the 20:30 departure time of 824.

461 was operated by the A220, and I was looking forward to flying the new type. Sadly, teething issues and lack of type-specific maintenance crew at YOW resulted in a rolling delay after we boarded.

Eventually, I gave up and asked to be put on the next YYZ flight. 463, the 18:00 departure, was overbooked so they put me on 475, scheduled to depart at 18:30. Unfortunately, 475 was also running late, resulting in us reaching the gate at YYZ at 20:10, leaving 10 minutes before doors close for 824. This is where concierge came in handy.

A concierge agent greeted me at the arrival gate of 475 and took me down to the tarmac, where I was invited to partake in my very first Signature Class BMW Chauffeur Service, taking me directly to the departure gate of 824. Well done, AC!
capedreamer is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 11:05 am
  #517  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LGA
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
Kinda got a surprise flight intervention from AC concierge on my flight home today.

i was suppose to fly on AC 4 from NRT to YVR then connect to Toronto on AAC 118.
with the weather in Vancouver over night, the Inbound AC 3 was delayed 3 hours, and my flight was delayed till 7:50pm from 6:30pm.

so I knew itíll be a fun day of flying. I was traveling from ITM Osaka to NRT on ANA, then onward with AC.
when I deplaned are NRT, I was met by the AC concierge, and she mentioned the weather delay if the inbound flight, and they are having maintenance issues with the plane upon landing, and might risk further delays.
she gave me an option of going to Haneda airport and taking the direct flight to Toronto. AC would pay for the shuttle bus to get us to HND.

so now I am on the airport limo bus to HND with 1 hour till boarding. Letís see if I made the right decision.

i was surprised the AC concierge was monitoring the flight and offered alternatives. I was in a reward J seat if that mattered and a SEMM.
this is crazy, what an experience.

side question; could this be expected/done for a 50K 75K you think ?
royal757 is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:05 pm
  #518  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: AC SE*100K
Posts: 1,393
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
A concierge agent greeted me at the arrival gate of 475 and took me down to the tarmac, where I was invited to partake in my very first Signature Class BMW Chauffeur Service, taking me directly to the departure gate of 824. Well done, AC!
Lucky you. When I was through YYZ last week during the snow IRROPS I landed in from YOW-YYZ 20 minutes before my YYZ-LHR was scheduled to depart. I thought they would probably have no concierge there given the volume of IRROPS, but when I came off the plane there was one with an iPad, yay! ... with someone elses name on it. Great. Instead I proved you can in fact sprint from D40 to E76 in under 10 minutes and I was the last pax to board at last call. Maybe they figured they had protected me on the next YYZ-LHR 2h later and that was enough (and someone from the concierge office had at least done that, I could see both YYZ-LHR flights on my app when I landed) but I wanted that 2h to be a shower & breakfast at the arrivals lounge in LHR, not sitting around YYZ waiting to depart.
RatherBeInYOW is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:24 pm
  #519  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,754
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW View Post
Lucky you. When I was through YYZ last week during the snow IRROPS I landed in from YOW-YYZ 20 minutes before my YYZ-LHR was scheduled to depart. I thought they would probably have no concierge there given the volume of IRROPS, but when I came off the plane there was one with an iPad, yay! ... with someone elses name on it. Great. Instead I proved you can in fact sprint from D40 to E76 in under 10 minutes and I was the last pax to board at last call. Maybe they figured they had protected me on the next YYZ-LHR 2h later and that was enough (and someone from the concierge office had at least done that, I could see both YYZ-LHR flights on my app when I landed) but I wanted that 2h to be a shower & breakfast at the arrivals lounge in LHR, not sitting around YYZ waiting to depart.
Sadly, consistency has never been ACís forte. Though I neglected to mention: I actually sent an email to the YYZ Concierge account while en route. Maybe that did the trick.

They also protected me on a later YYZ-FRA flight with a connection on LH that would have gotten me to AMS 4 hours later than my original itinerary. Itís a good thing it didnít come to that because as it turns out, a drone would cause a shutdown at FRA for several hours.
RatherBeInYOW likes this.
capedreamer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: