Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I think we're talking about two different things.

SEs (and possibly E75Ks) can purchase an economy seat (by paying the full Y fare) even when the flight is Y0.

A flight may be Y1 B1 M1 H1 in which case the flight is most likely oversold, however anyone can purchase a H fare (or higher, if desired) on that flight.

My question pertains to whether one could do a SDC in the latter scenario.
No, SDC requires positive space.

I think it's a more involved process than when there's space in the same fare class, because it seems to go much faster when I do a SDC on a Y or J fare, rather than a G or Z fare.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Had some great help from two concierges and a gate agent on Thursday, departing YYT after some snow and ice the night before cancelled a lot of inbound flights.

I received a text message at 2:30am telling me my 5:00am flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on a later flight to YOW, with an 8 hour layover before my flight to YVR. Called the concierge number and was able to get rebooked on the 5:15 to YUL (delayed to 6:15), connecting to a flight that would get me to YVR a few minutes earlier than my original.

At the airport, I was called in the MLL and Janine (sp?) told me I was protected on a later flight out of YUL if I missed the connection. She also met me at boarding and told me she would monitor the flight and rebook me yet again if there were further delays (runway conditions at YYT were sketchy). Sure enough, we say on the tarmac quite a while (deiced twice). We eventually left at about 7:45, I think.

At YUL, Julianne (sp?) met me on deplaning (I had missed both the connections Janine was looking at) and gave me a bunch of options including a soon-to-depart to YYZ. She walked me to the gate, spoke to the gate agent (Jackie). The flight was available only in Y (I was originally in J), but I was happy to keep moving west. Then Jackie told me not to board until the last minute, as there are often no shows on that route. Sure enough, there was one no-show and I got the last J seat. Arrived YVR only three hours later than originally scheduled.

Thanks, Janine, Julianne, and Jackie. Made a bad day very bearable. I have only had need for the concierge two or three times in the last few years, but they have always come through.

As an aside, when I deplaned YYZ, there were two concierges meeting other PAX for the BMW ride to Int'l. They went separately, leaving me wondering if they have several cars operating that service at the same time.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott
AC Concierge service

David is great. I've never requested anything but certainly when issues have popped up, he has been a great help.

Similarly I must applaud Ms. King, another AC concierge in London.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
YHZ concierge last week was fantastic. After a connected flight was cancelled, she met me at the bridge with a hotel and meal certificates, and got me on my way. Rerouted me to a different destination the next day. It was as quick and stressless as it could possibly be. Fantastic job and thanks to the YHZ airport team.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks for checking me in and giving me my boarding pass! I wouldn't know what I'd do without you.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Not sure if my experience belongs here, but myself and another passenger were met by a concierge off of AC4 at YVR, and she gave me a new BP for AC148 to YYZ that was leaving about an hour earlier than the one on which I was scheduled.

So, thanks so much for enabling me to get home that much sooner. It was J4 and R0 at the time, fwiw.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Not sure if my experience belongs here, but myself and another passenger were met by a concierge off of AC4 at YVR, and she gave me a new BP for AC148 to YYZ that was leaving about an hour earlier than the one on which I was scheduled.

So, thanks so much for enabling me to get home that much sooner. It was J4 and R0 at the time, fwiw.
Definitely belongs. It really does remove that anxiety/hassle, doesn't it? This is what happened to me landing from the birdstrike FIN802 on Jan 31... as soon as I landed the concierge was waiting for me with a new J BP in hand.

Problem is, the concierge staff still seems to focus on wheel-greasers than focusing on urgent IRROPS needs of any SE who is that situation.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite
Thanks to LHR Concierge Lisa B. for whisking Mrs. Podge and I through Terminal 2 including security, passport control etc.to make a very tight connection on Friday. This saved us spending an extra 5 hours at LHR waiting for the next available flight.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Was on AC846 on 12 Feb which had equipment change due to toilets being frozen. Left YYZ almost 6 hrs late and would miss my cnx to LIS. Called the Concierge and they said they would notify MUN concierge. I was flying on paid ticket while my family was on AE tix. Concierge Sandra Lock met us at the gate at MUN with new BPs. Walked us thru passport control, back thru security, to the LH SEN lounge and also had our flight rebooked and bags taken care off. Very professional and we were all suitably impressed. Thanks Sandra.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE
Special thanks today to Louis (?) in SFO. Had sfo-yvr-yyz this morning, woke up to yvr-yyz cancelled (and rebooked) and sfo-yvr delayed by 2.5 hours.

Called me as I was walking into the airport to fill me in on the situation (which I was already aware of), met me at the check-in counter, and switched me to a direct flight and was generally professional.

I don't expect amazing things, but this personal touch knowing someone was watching out for me was great. First time I've felt like SE really pays off on the customer service side.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by epiphani
Special thanks today to Louis (?) in SFO. Had sfo-yvr-yyz this morning, woke up to yvr-yyz cancelled (and rebooked) and sfo-yvr delayed by 2.5 hours.

Called me as I was walking into the airport to fill me in on the situation (which I was already aware of), met me at the check-in counter, and switched me to a direct flight and was generally professional.

I don't expect amazing things, but this personal touch knowing someone was watching out for me was great. First time I've felt like SE really pays off on the customer service side.
Luis.

He's excellent. They're all excellent at SFO. They respond to emails very quickly. They call you when there are issues (or email you if it's "minor" like a wide-body being down gauged to a narrow-body, so no more pod).

I'm glad at least one person sees why, being based in SFO, I value SE
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:24 pm

At 1120, I emailed the YVR concierge asking to be put on standby.
At 1123, I received an affirmative response.

I'm not even sure I could have made it through the IVR that quickly

Edit:
At 1129, another email from YVR, saying my SFO-YVR flight has a posted delay to 1815 (from 1700). It is not posted anywhere I can see, but looking at what's happening today, I absolutely believe it. So now I'm protected on a later flight.

Oh, and they've conferenced in the SFO concierge to see if they can help me out somehow.

SE status sure sucks, eh?

Last edited by canadiancow; Mar 18, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
At 1120, I emailed the YVR concierge asking to be put on standby.
At 1123, I received an affirmative response.

I'm not even sure I could have made it through the IVR that quickly

Edit:
At 1129, another email from YVR, saying my SFO-YVR flight has a posted delay to 1815 (from 1700). It is not posted anywhere I can see, but looking at what's happening today, I absolutely believe it. So now I'm protected on a later flight.

Oh, and they've conferenced in the SFO concierge to see if they can help me out somehow.

SE status sure sucks, eh?
The YVR team via email is AMAZING! They've helped me out in a number of jams.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:14 pm

Just got an email from SFO (Luis!) asking if I could make it there by 1350 for the SFO-YYC non-stop.

Appreciated the offer, but I thought my original 1700 was a little early given I'm working today
Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Fantastic assistance yesterday from the YYZ concierge team, particularly Julia ^^

They made sure we made our connection in YYZ for our CDG flight. We originally had 2h30 connecting time in YYZ (plenty of time to stop at the lounge) but the inbound aircraft was delayed and so was our YQB-YYZ flight. We had less than the "minimal connecting time" but the concierge team was on top of the situation and made it to the gate on time.

Big thank you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.