Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Brutal.
Sad.
Understatement....

Considering the hours, workload, professionalism required dealing with the DYKWIAs of a government town...

I guess this goes to show what AC thinks of its *premium customers*... or rather how much we are really valued.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
To the YVR staff....Thank you, you are amazing. You helped with a re-direct through LAX on a missed PHX connection and I want you to know that I realize it was above and beyond your scope. I truly appreciate the help you offered. Please, keep up the excellent service!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Brutal.
Sad.
That's a full $3.75/hr more than the local minimum wage!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Concierge for D.C.

Originally Posted by yvrgary
That's a full $3.75/hr more than the local minimum wage!

If you're talking about Virginia
The 2014-2015 Minimum Wage by State:
Virginia $7.25
D.C. $9.50

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-a...age-chart.aspx

Not sure where AC is looking re talent pool, but $10.98 an hour is an eyelash above of D.C. minimum and the cost of living on that side of the river is $$$$.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
DCA is in Virginia.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yvrgary
DCA is in Virginia.

That was my point, which obviously I should have used as my opening line.
I have work there so i am much too familiar with all that the locals complain about - on both sides of the river.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Sitting in the YVR Intl MLL right now. Laura and, I believe, Paul were extremely helpful in getting us a can of Tim Hortons coffee for some family in Germany as we prepare to depart on LH 493. The only other option would have involved clearing customs to re-enter Canada and then getting it outside security (which I had been considering!). Neither of us are SE, but we are in J.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Sitting on 156 last night they announced that maintenance was coming in board to fix the bathrooms. After ten minutes, I called the concierge to be protected in 182 and 7505. He put me on hold, and I thought "crap, not again", but he quickly came back and said it was done.

I pulled up my booking, and sure enough, I was booked on 156, 182, and 7505. The last seat on 182 too, which is why I called in the first place.

Without concierge access, had there been a cancellation, I would have been stuck in YVR overnight. There's a status benefit
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC*50K MM
Great experience with AC SE concierge

About a month ago I was able to test the concierge service, so I thought I'd share my experience. Was the first time I used the concierge service given this was the first year I was SE.

On the way to SFO from YYC via YVR there was a delay which left me about 20 min from the time we landed in YVR to clear customs, security and board the next plane on the other side of the airport. An impossible feat. I called from YYC before we left to request some assistance as I had an important meeting I could not miss.

The concierge met me at the gate and shuttled me to customs and then to security. What was particularly impressive was that they were on the radio the entire time with the ground crews to get my bag off and get it rushed into the system so it could be accepted by US customs for processing. I could hear minute by minute updates as to where it was.

In the end I made it on my flight just in time. The luggage unfortunately did not make it out of US customs in time, but when I landed in SFO the AC agent already had my name and the paperwork ready and it was on the next flight.

Overall, pretty impressed. I've been pretty lucky the last few years an rarely have misconnects, so was nice to be able to use one of the perks.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC SE
First time I used to concierge this week as well, though more for convenience than for emergency - but I'll share my story as well.

Checked in at NRT - checked by bag, etc.. and the concierge approached me afterwards and asked if there was anything she could do. I had a connect in YVR on a separate ticket, so my luggage wasn't checked all the way through - but I had four hours to sort it all out and wasn't concerned. I mentioned this, and asked if she could get my luggage all the way through to SFO for me. She said she'd be at the gate and she'd let me know then.

45 minutes later, I'm in the lounge and she approaches me - gives me my connecting BP, a new luggage sticker, and asks for my hotel information for SF so she can enter it into the system.

First time I was impressed with AC service. Though I also credit a good bit of that to NRT, rather than AC.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
YYT Concierge experience

Had my first chance to avail of the (relatively) new YYT concierge service today. 8995 YYT-YHZ was canceled and a new flight created to get us to Halifax to join up with 8995 there.

I was in the Priority check-in line and was called to the desk by Lisa. Coincidentally, she had my boarding passes already printed as I walked up (she didn't know me). Turns out I had GTE for 8995, but before we pushed back, someone else boarded the plane and gave me a new BP with a seat assignment. Then, when I got to YHZ, I got yet another BP (op-up).
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: AC SE
Was flying YVR-YYC-FRA-NCE. No checked baggage just one small carry-on duffel.

I was the last to board in YVR, no room for bag on the E90 so they gate checked it. Not to happy but my fault for being last on.

Wheels down in YYC I call the concierge since I'm down to a 35min connection now and I have to get my bag. Turns out they checked it all the way to NCE instead of just YYC as instructed. So, I'm now in Calgary with my Laptop (no case), passport, wallet and phone. A 9 hr flight to Frankfurt, 5 hour layover in FRA before heading the NCE.

Anna in Calgary was awesome trying to get my bag intercepted there we just ran out of time. She got me to the gate just in time but still no bag. She said she would transfer the file to FRA concierge.

Sure enough the FRA concierge finds me - no easy task - in FRA style we ended up in the infield not at a gate. Has intercepted my bag so at least I have some clothes to change into and a power supply for my laptop for my 5 hour FRA layover.

Really nice job by the concierge staff.

Thanks Again.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Fairmont Plat, Starwood Gold, Emerald Club Exec. Plat., Accor Plat.,
This isn't particularly recent, but a couple of years ago, my nexus card slipped out of the bag at check in in YYZ. After a panic filled phone call (back when you could call the concierge directly, not the call centre), the concierge found it and brought it to me on the plane about 2 minutes before the crew closed the door. To this day, been super appreciative of the AC concierge team. Thanks so much!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvr_amm
Was flying YVR-YYC-FRA-NCE. No checked baggage just one small carry-on duffel.

I was the last to board in YVR, no room for bag on the E90 so they gate checked it. Not to happy but my fault for being last on.

Wheels down in YYC I call the concierge since I'm down to a 35min connection now and I have to get my bag. Turns out they checked it all the way to NCE instead of just YYC as instructed. So, I'm now in Calgary with my Laptop (no case), passport, wallet and phone. A 9 hr flight to Frankfurt, 5 hour layover in FRA before heading the NCE.

Anna in Calgary was awesome trying to get my bag intercepted there we just ran out of time. She got me to the gate just in time but still no bag. She said she would transfer the file to FRA concierge.

Sure enough the FRA concierge finds me - no easy task - in FRA style we ended up in the infield not at a gate. Has intercepted my bag so at least I have some clothes to change into and a power supply for my laptop for my 5 hour FRA layover.

Really nice job by the concierge staff.

Thanks Again.
Glad it worked out for you.
The E90 crew did not offer to put it in the closet? Were you in J or Y?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:41 pm

Grateful to Concierge(s)

Was on CA flight PEK-YUL- (AC) - YYZ in J. For some reason (possibly slight - 15min late arrival in YUL - arriving 1.40pm) was bumped off of the 3pm to YYZ and put on the 7pm!!! (ughhh). Connections put me (and my bag) on standby for 3pm and at the Gate (flight oversold in J) Nathalie worked with Gate Agents to get me on the flight (no show - so last on board - Thanks Nathalie). Unfortunately, my bag with gifts for kids did not make it and for the next 24 hours the online resource and the pleasant but useless/dreaded call centre saw nothing other than "tracing". Called SE line and concierge (sorry no name but THANKS) in Toronto and she got onto priority baggage - less than 1 hour later I got a call to say the bag was in Toronto and would be sent by taxi that afternoon.

Things happen, .... but if I didn't have access to the two concierges I would probably still be waiting. It's like insurance you don't think about it till you need it - but when you need it, great benefit to have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.