The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Nov 19, 13, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow View Post
Last week, I arrived at the airport, got my boarding passes, and approached security. Flipped open my bag to remove my laptop, and discovered it was missing. Not a good start for a week long business trip to CNF. I had left it in my office. I called home, pleaded with my spouse, and got her to agree to go to my office (yes, I left it there!), pick up the laptop, and bring it to YOW. In the meantime, I spoke with Helene, YOW concierge, and she said it was feasible to get the laptop to me at YYZ before the flight left for GRU. However, she was very clear that this was not within the expectations of the concierge service, and there were no guarantees that I would get it. Helene contacted the concierge at YYZ, and the Service Director on the YOW-YYZ flight after mine, and got agreement from both of them to help me.

All went according to plan. I took my flight to YYZ, and waited in the International Maple Leaf Lounge. Helene met my spouse in her car at the Departures drop-off area, picked up the laptop and took it to the service director on the next flight. THe service director flew it to YYZ,m and passed it to the concierge waiting at the arrivals gate in YYZ. THe concierge hustled it to me in the lounge, and I received it about 25 minutes before departure to GRU.

I have nothing but praise for the concierge service! This incident alone has convinced me it is worthwhile adding a MR to an upcoming trip to put me over the S100K threshold again.
I think the YOW concierge team would move a mountain for us if they could.... Great story though!
Old Nov 19, 13, 11:45 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by GJS - yow View Post
Last week, I arrived at the airport, got my boarding passes, and approached security. Flipped open my bag to remove my laptop, and discovered it was missing. Not a good start for a week long business trip to CNF. I had left it in my office. I called home, pleaded with my spouse, and got her to agree to go to my office (yes, I left it there!), pick up the laptop, and bring it to YOW. In the meantime, I spoke with Helene, YOW concierge, and she said it was feasible to get the laptop to me at YYZ before the flight left for GRU. However, she was very clear that this was not within the expectations of the concierge service, and there were no guarantees that I would get it. Helene contacted the concierge at YYZ, and the Service Director on the YOW-YYZ flight after mine, and got agreement from both of them to help me.

All went according to plan. I took my flight to YYZ, and waited in the International Maple Leaf Lounge. Helene met my spouse in her car at the Departures drop-off area, picked up the laptop and took it to the service director on the next flight. THe service director flew it to YYZ,m and passed it to the concierge waiting at the arrivals gate in YYZ. THe concierge hustled it to me in the lounge, and I received it about 25 minutes before departure to GRU.

I have nothing but praise for the concierge service! This incident alone has convinced me it is worthwhile adding a MR to an upcoming trip to put me over the S100K threshold again.
Great Story ... classic example of Concierge's going above and beyond ...
Old Nov 24, 13, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by hearna View Post
I think the YOW concierge team would move a mountain for us if they could.... Great story though!
Originally Posted by Vasbyte View Post
Great Story ... classic example of Concierge's going above and beyond ...
I know - they are awesome! This was just one of many saves I have had by the concierges (and I've only been SE twice - they've also helped when I've been upgraded to J while an E).
Old Dec 5, 13, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS SPG PLAT(LTP) HHDiamond Marriott PLAT
Once again one of the 3 top concierge teams , YVR concierge came through^:-:

After 3 days & hours of frustrating experience trying to get YUL SE Reservation to change my November booking back to flexi which was downgraded to Tango on Tuesday 3 Dec, I contacted YVR Concierge. Within minutes they changed it.^
Old Dec 5, 13, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yyzprincess View Post
Once again one of the 3 top concierge teams , YVR concierge came through^:-:

After 3 days & hours of frustrating experience trying to get YUL SE Reservation to change my November booking back to flexi which was downgraded to Tango on Tuesday 3 Dec, I contacted YVR Concierge. Within minutes they changed it.^
They have an awesome team there.
Old Dec 5, 13, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS SPG PLAT(LTP) HHDiamond Marriott PLAT
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
They have an awesome team there.
Agree 100%. A truly :-::-::-::-::-: team. They pick up. Return calls immediately.

Unlike YYZ who do not even bother to return calls. If they do their attitude is why are you bothering us.

For the past several years I refuse to contact YYZ concierge.

If YVR is close I contact LHR another awesome team.

[QUOTE=yyzprincess;21911409]Once again one of the 3 top concierge teams , YVR concierge came through^:-:[QUOTE]
Old Dec 5, 13, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
I will say the YUL concierge was a great help in September when I left my laptop bag in the airport (I didn't realize it until I got to the Hyatt downtown). They walked the terminal from where my plane came in to the cab stand and found it by the baggage carrousel.

Lesson on why not to take a conference call starting the second the plane lands.
Old Dec 8, 13, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I can't say enough good things about the concierge service for Air Canada SE100K members.

A few weeks ago, I lost something enroute between YOW to YUL. Item wasn't found, but the concierge teams in both YOW and YUL followed up and helped me search the gate areas and plane.

Flying Alaska today as I'm trying to secure MVPG status, however flight was cancelled. Reservations phone agents couldn't help, AS Boardroom agents couldn't help, and the Customer Service Centre lines were pretty long in the terminal. Gave the friendly YVR concierge team a call as the SE phone line was down, and she helped me connect with ticketing to book a replacement flight.

This one benefit of Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K almost makes up for everything else they've 'enhanced' from the program. Let's hope Air Canada doesn't get any ideas about reducing this one truly useful benefit!

Thanks again to the concierges in YVR, YOW and YUL!
Old Dec 8, 13, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Last month on a Friday of a long weekend, my wife was in a minor car accident and I needed to get home early to take care of the kids, from YYG , called the YHZ team and got me on the last seat home early through YYZ and got me lots of brownie points and home 7 hours earlier than scheduled ( all other flights were over booked and couldn't do the same day airport change to anything while at YYG. )

You only know how good something is once you absolutely need it.

Cheers,

Klove
Old Jan 8, 14, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Last night my girlfriend was on AC858 which was delayed 5 hours, departed the gate at 4am and 2 hours later was returned to gate following a mechanical leak. The flight was rescheduled to 19h00 that evening (nearly 24 hours delayed) and the bags were not going to be removed from the plane during the day. I called the YOW concierge team and asked if they can get her on AC868 - Y was 0 but it had J2R2 space. My girlfriend was flying a Y ticket but I upgraded her to J.

Danielle in Ottawa managed to open a Y seat and process the upgrade to J for AC868 which was leaving in less than 2 hours. My girlfriend went to the ticketing desk at E gates, got her boarding pass and they updated the baggage tag to ensure it would at minimum be delivered to LHR on the rescheduled AC858 flight at 19h00. Upon arrival at LHR she filed the missing bag form and was told it would be delivered to our flat in London within 24 hours and it will be on the rescheduled flight tonight to LHR.

I contacted AC online and commended Danielle for her work. I received a reply two hours later thanking me for the note and mentioning it would be passed along to head office. I truly hope Danielle receives positive feedback because I have nothing but praise for her.

I'm S100K but began this year to fly less *A and AC as I have shifted to BA flights and become BA Gold - I will drop to E35K in March. In the past 2 weeks I have used the concierge multiple times during the weather IRROPS at YYZ/YOW and they have been amazing. It is a really fantastic service and well worth obtaining S100K status to use.
Old Jan 8, 14, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by seegs View Post

I contacted AC online and commended Danielle for her work. I received a reply two hours later thanking me for the note and mentioning it would be passed along to head office. I truly hope Danielle receives positive feedback because I have nothing but praise for her.

I'm S100K but began this year to fly less *A and AC as I have shifted to BA flights and become BA Gold - I will drop to E35K in March. In the past 2 weeks I have used the concierge multiple times during the weather IRROPS at YYZ/YOW and they have been amazing. It is a really fantastic service and well worth obtaining S100K status to use.
I have always wondered about this; countless times the concierges... 'broke' certain rules to help me out in a pinch; I always fear commending them to not get them in trouble....
Old Jan 9, 14, 12:20 am

Programs: AC SE 200K, SPG PLAT, HH DIAMOND
I called the YYZ concierge ten times on Monday. No answer and the voicemail was full. It was full the first time I called at 11am and it was still full at 4pm when I called the last time. Thanks for nothing.
Old Jan 9, 14, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer View Post
I called the YYZ concierge ten times on Monday. No answer and the voicemail was full. It was full the first time I called at 11am and it was still full at 4pm when I called the last time. Thanks for nothing.
The idea that voicemail could be full blows my mind.

It's a shame, but given the issues this week, it doesn't really surprise me. If you still need help, try a concierge at an airport that isn't having such major problems. Western Canada, LAX, or another continent maybe.
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:00 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I have always wondered about this; countless times the concierges... 'broke' certain rules to help me out in a pinch; I always fear commending them to not get them in trouble....
I don't know if she actually opened Y space and broke rules - Expertflyer showed Y0 but I noticed every single LHR bound flight was Y0 during the weather issues so not sure if maybe AC was not releasing full inventory info to Expertflyer.

I believe the only rule she broke was helping me when I was not flying in/out of YOW. I explained that the YYZ concierges were not answering the phone and she understood and that is why she agreed to help.

I called them on Jan 5 and left a voicemail - called back a few minutes later realising they unlikely answer the voicemails and the mailbox was full. When I was in the concierge office in YYZ on Jan 6 to rebook my flight the phone kept ringing and he said "I don't even bother answering it anymore" due to the large queue outside the office.
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by seegs View Post
I don't know if she actually opened Y space and broke rules - Expertflyer showed Y0 but I noticed every single LHR bound flight was Y0 during the weather issues so not sure if maybe AC was not releasing full inventory info to Expertflyer.
I encountered a similar situation as you over the last week. That made me think: could EF be wrong?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: