The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Mar 9, 13, 9:28 am
ESC

Programs: AC S100K
Merci beaucoup CDG concierge

Françoise, one of the CDG concierges, simply went above and beyond for me earlier this week! My phone was pickpocketed on the Paris subway, and upon calling Françoise, she suggested that I do a police report before my flight (which can help for insurance purposes). She accompanied me to the police stationed at the airport, and sat through the entire process, helping to translate as we went along. The report took a significant amount of time, and Françoise was so patient and helpful throughout.

I'm a newly-minted S100K, and this was my first concierge experience. I am definitely impressed!
Old Mar 9, 13, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thank you NRT concierge Yukiko!

What a lovely and gracious young lady! Despite some language challenges, she was so helpful and polite as she made some much-needed changes to our itinerary/connecting flight from Tokyo back to Canada.

I must say (again) that the concierges, hands down, are the #1 reason I love being an SE. They make traveling for a living much easier than it otherwise might be!

P.S. love you all!
Old Mar 10, 13, 8:38 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Kudos to YOW Concierge Team

I've never called the Concierge team before, but the Ottawa team helped me out on what might have turned into the vacation flights from from hell.

I made the mistake back in November of booking a trip with ACV who tried charging me for assigned seats. Called the SE desk who assigned us bulkhead seats for all 4 flights, problem solved or so I thought. Fast forward to check-in where our seat assignments had vanished and my bride and I weren't even sitting together! I sorted it out for the outbound flights online so we could at least be seated together but the bulkhead seats were gone. Called the SE desk to make sure we didn't have the same problem on the return flights where this time I was told that only ACV could assign my seats.

Rather than play agent roulette I decided to call the YOW Concierge to see if they could sort it out. Danielle answered the call and after listening to my story got us our return seating confirmed. She couldn't do anything about the lost bulkheads but at least we were seated together in the forward part of the aircraft.

On the return flight we got to the airport where the contract check-in agent at CUR tried to seat us separately at the very back of the plane. Despite my best efforts to explain that we had pre-assigned seats I was getting nowhere so I placed a call to the YOW Concierge where Helene answered. I explained the situation to her and then passed my cell phone to the lead check-in agent so they could chat. I'm not sure exactly what was said but the agent wasn't very happy and while it took her another 15 minutes to sort things out, in the end we regained our original seat assignments.

Many thanks to the YOW concierge team.^^

Before I get flamed for being a DYKWIA, I'm a regular provider of chocolates to the crew and generally just go with the flow but losing my seat assignments for the 3rd time on the same trip was just too much. I feel sorry for the people stuck behind us at the priority check-in desk while this got sorted out and for the 2 passengers that got bumped from our seats but the blame for this has to rest with the check-in agent that decided to give someone else our preassigned seats.
Old Mar 10, 13, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC E50K/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium E/Accor-FPC Gold/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 4havnfun View Post
Before I get flamed for being a DYKWIA, I'm a regular provider of chocolates to the crew and generally just go with the flow but losing my seat assignments for the 3rd time on the same trip was just too much. I feel sorry for the people stuck behind us at the priority check-in desk while this got sorted out and for the 2 passengers that got bumped from our seats but the blame for this has to rest with the check-in agent that decided to give someone else our preassigned seats.
No flaming here. You did exactly what I would have done. ^

Unfortunately, the ACV stations like to play by their own rules. I have had similar games and misinformation happen in CUN and thankfully, I have the station managers contact details as well as the lead agent for the third party contractor that handles check-in and the gate. Part of the issue is that the vast majority of the pax are once a year or less travellers that don't know or could care less about the flight experience and agents want to quickly get them away from the counter.

I have had only limited experience with the concierges due to my lowly status, however, when I have, the ones in YYC, YEG and LHR have been fantastic. ^ However, the YYZ concierge crew are a mixed bag. I had a awesome one and then 2 weeks a horrible one that left me shaking my head as she provided false information and then tried to cover her tracks after the fact. Thankfully, when I got to the Intl MLL, I called AC res and got an awesome agent who looked everything up and apologized for the concierge misinformation and issued the partial refund that I was due within a few minutes on hold. She could replace the cranky concierge in YYZ.
Old Apr 11, 13, 3:51 pm

Complete chaos

Last minute aircraft downguage on ac874 today and the acstaff seemed completely unaware. Complete chaos at gate and seemingly random downguage from business to economy. I am a SE and had a confirmed upgrade on latitude ticket for more than a month. They told me I was downgraded but thanks to lovely Sofie managed to get this moved back to J. The front line staff on the other hand couldn't care less that I was being downgraded ahead of a couple who were both only 25k prestige.
Old Apr 11, 13, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC Super Elite, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DutchSE View Post
Last minute aircraft downguage on ac874 today and the acstaff seemed completely unaware. Complete chaos at gate and seemingly random downguage from business to economy. I am a SE and had a confirmed upgrade on latitude ticket for more than a month. They told me I was downgraded but thanks to lovely Sofie managed to get this moved back to J. The front line staff on the other hand couldn't care less that I was being downgraded ahead of a couple who were both only 25k prestige.
How the heck would you be downgraded over P25K as an SE with a Latitude fare? Were the P25K revenue/reward J cabin? In that case it seems fair.
Old Apr 25, 13, 8:20 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG PLAT, National Executive
Thank you to the YYZ concierge yesterday (I don't remember her name).
I showed up at EWR for a 4:20 flight to YYZ and when I got to the gate (2 hours early because there is no lounge) I found out that the flight was canceled. I was able to get on the earlier flight which was already boarded but a bit late. As I board the GA tells me that I have been offloaded from my connecting flight to YVR because of the cancelled flight and she did not have enough time to fix it for me.
As soon as I sat down, I called the concierge at YYZ (the phone was answered right away - in the past I usually got the voice mail) and told her my dilemma. She asked me what my original seat was (6K-my favourite on the 777) and she told me that she would try to fix it for me.
When I arrived in YYZ, I checked and I was back on the flight in my original seat!
It only took a 2 minute call to fix what could have been a big pain as AC33 was very full last night.
Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Silv, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,
As much as shouting into the FT crowds is good, what is the best way to let AC know you received great service from a concierge (or anyone for that matter).

I've only called the concierge twice and both times they've come through.
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Has anyone used concierge service at LGA? I'm A75K but my mom and I are both in J for AC745 LGA-YUL tomorrow and we want to get my dad and my sister in Y standby on the same flight to avoid the US furlough domino delays (they're on AC747). Do we ask for the concierge service at the ticket counter? At MLL at LGA? Or at the gate to request this arrangement?

We're all connecting to LX87 YUL-ZRH and don't want to have a tight connection.

I'm not an SE so have no NYC concierge phone #. Do J pax typically ask for concierge on site given that limitation?

Thanks,
GT
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG PLAT, National Executive
Originally Posted by dark169 View Post
As much as shouting into the FT crowds is good, what is the best way to let AC know you received great service from a concierge (or anyone for that matter).

I do send in compliments to AC as well.
I posted here to balance out all my complaint posts!
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy View Post
Has anyone used concierge service at LGA? I'm A75K but my mom and I are both in J for AC745 LGA-YUL tomorrow and we want to get my dad and my sister in Y standby on the same flight to avoid the US furlough domino delays (they're on AC747). Do we ask for the concierge service at the ticket counter? At MLL at LGA? Or at the gate to request this arrangement?

We're all connecting to LX87 YUL-ZRH and don't want to have a tight connection.

I'm not an SE so have no NYC concierge phone #. Do J pax typically ask for concierge on site given that limitation?

Thanks,
GT
Concierge service technically only is available to you if you have SE status or if you are travelling in Exec. First on AC on an international itinerary, so it seems you´re not eligible.

In any case, your situation seems pretty easy to deal. You can just tell the check-in agent what you want to do and they should be able to take care of it. I´d also consider a confirmed same-day airport change instead of going standby.
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dark169 View Post

Depending on how impressed I was with the concierges I tend to do any of the following:

- send a compliment via the AC online customer service form (and as a side effect, AC sees that we value concierge service)
- send a thank you note directly to the concierge office via e-mail
- and when a particular concierge team does a great job on a consistent basis (YEG comes to mind, for instance; pro-actively rebooked me twice last year, so could avoid being delayed by 24h), I leave a box of chocolates for them a few times a year
Old Apr 25, 13, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Concierge service technically only is available to you if you have SE status or if you are travelling in Exec. First on AC on an international itinerary, so it seems you´re not eligible.

In any case, your situation seems pretty easy to deal. You can just tell the check-in agent what you want to do and they should be able to take care of it. I´d also consider a confirmed same-day airport change instead of going standby.
You're right, forgot LGA-YUL isn't Exec First. Mother is in J for LX87 but don't think that matters and she's AC2 in J NRT-YYZ but likely doesn't matter either.

Hope things work out. I was 20K short last year of SE; would've have had to do another RTW to make it! I just don't fly enough for work to make 100K!
Old Sep 18, 13, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Thanks, Paul in Chicago!

First, there was the issue that my 2-days-ago confirmed upgrade had been lost by the AC ticketing system ... a problem that Paul (and a checkin agent who's name I didn't collect) were able to correct when I got to the airport...

... and then there was the problem that tonight's flight to YYZ was cancelled due to thunderstorms around Chicago - but Paul was very proactive in contacting me, and letting me know that a replacement flight was being arranged...

Sometimes it sucks to travel too much ... but the concierge's around the world always help, and they are very much appreciated.

Thanks Paul!
Old Nov 19, 13, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Awesome service from Concierges!

Last week, I arrived at the airport, got my boarding passes, and approached security. Flipped open my bag to remove my laptop, and discovered it was missing. Not a good start for a week long business trip to CNF. I had left it in my office. I called home, pleaded with my spouse, and got her to agree to go to my office (yes, I left it there!), pick up the laptop, and bring it to YOW. In the meantime, I spoke with Helene, YOW concierge, and she said it was feasible to get the laptop to me at YYZ before the flight left for GRU. However, she was very clear that this was not within the expectations of the concierge service, and there were no guarantees that I would get it. Helene contacted the concierge at YYZ, and the Service Director on the YOW-YYZ flight after mine, and got agreement from both of them to help me.

All went according to plan. I took my flight to YYZ, and waited in the International Maple Leaf Lounge. Helene met my spouse in her car at the Departures drop-off area, picked up the laptop and took it to the service director on the next flight. THe service director flew it to YYZ,m and passed it to the concierge waiting at the arrivals gate in YYZ. THe concierge hustled it to me in the lounge, and I received it about 25 minutes before departure to GRU.

I have nothing but praise for the concierge service! This incident alone has convinced me it is worthwhile adding a MR to an upcoming trip to put me over the S100K threshold again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: