The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Sep 3, 12, 6:35 am

Thanks to Vivienne in HKG. She went out of her way on facilitating a few things for my AC8 flight a week ago. If she is reading this thread, a big thank you. ^
Old Sep 3, 12, 3:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Forgot my laptop on 1116 from YQR. Desk at the International MLL was a great help, and the lost and found called my cell and returned it with the 2 Page email I had written. Pays to travel J and be a lowly E on this airline, for all the ridiculous [email protected] in between!

Thanks AC. Without it, this trip is would not have been very productive.
Old Sep 3, 12, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
With my limited expereince with the concierge's, I have nothing but praise and appreciation, I have only met these fine folk in YVR and YOW and spoken to the YUL on the phone, but they are great. I sent in an official complement e-mail on Katherine at YVR for her efforts. These folks are great and I appreciate their service and cant thank them enough. ^
Old Sep 3, 12, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
With my limited expereince with the concierge's, I have nothing but praise and appreciation, I have only met these fine folk in YVR and YOW and spoken to the YUL on the phone, but they are great. I sent in an official complement e-mail on Katherine at YVR for her efforts. These folks are great and I appreciate their service and cant thank them enough. ^
To be honest, I am basically shooting for SE for the Concierge service. Beyond that, it does me very little to get to 100k. Not likely this year, but maybe next.
Old Sep 8, 12, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
I'd like to give a Big Shout out to a Super Conceirge. Doris who works in FRA.

She is very helpful and very friendly. Thank You Doris for all you help! ^
Old Oct 24, 12, 10:55 am

Programs: AP, CX Gold, HHonours Gold, SPG Gold, KL/AF Gold
Thumbs up Saved by the concierge!

Boy do I have a story... Sorry for sounding a bit incoherent but I'm writing this after 24 hours of flying so I'm sure ya'll understand. haha

I never thought I'd have a day where I'd actually be late for check in but yesterday's rain and unrelated delays due to multiple construction closures etc. around and on the way to YYZ created a perfect storm where it took me nearly 1 1/2 hours to travel a distance that even in traffic, usually takes me 40 minutes at most!

Was due to get on AC15 and on to CA106 in to China for an absolutely critical matter and there was really zero room for any issues alas I ended up stuck in crawling traffic on Airport Rd Southbound, literally a few hundred meters from the fence of YYZ for nearly half an hour moving inch by inch! At 08:45 I realized there was no way I was going to make it to the 09:00 cut off and my head started spinning realizing the chain of events this would cause when I suddenly remembered AC's Concierge service!!!!

"Brilliant" I thought but oh shoot, wait a sec. what's the number for YYZ Concierge office?! (Actually I had a PDF copy saved in my phone but with all the stress I just overlooked this) So immediately decided to call the SE line and hit the AC Reservations option hoping someone there can pass me along, which is exactly what happened. (Reminder to those who post on FT and ask for concierge numbers etc. perhaps it's more efficient to call the SE desk @:-))

The AC reservations agent was quick in action (I can tell she was a St. John agent from her nice eastern accent, they are truly always the best SE agents) and got my AP# to pass on to the concierge and finally by 09:49 I had a live concierge on the line! With adrenaline rushing I nearly ate out of my sentence but managed to get out something like AC15 ... ETA 10 minutes ...

The nice lady quickly calmed me down by saying "OK, so you're just running a little late, no worries, let me get your luggage tags printed, would you also like me to print your BPs as well?" I was just amazed with her professionalism and calm behavior!

Needless to say I got to T1 no earlier than 09:10 and this is after taking a short cut to bypass the jammed Airport Rd. I just popped in to the Concierge office, got my BPs (Upgrade also cleared! ^), hopped on to the SE check in with the nice Concierge in tow who processed my bags quickly, chit chatted about my destination in China and where it is located and she finally wished me a safe flight and off I went!

Amazing is not enough to describe my experience! This just changed my view of AC despite all that they've done recently and my own past reservations and value given to the Concierge's... I guess the Concierge service is one of those things you would never appreciate enough unless you run in to a situation like this! My brother in law was actually mentioning that if he were a frequent flyer, he would actually even be willing to pay for a service like this!

The worst thing is that I just totally forgot her name in the rush of all things and I really wanna write in to AC to give her praise, I think her name started with P and she was not wearing a black suit, rather a regular AC ground staff uniform with a blue scarf though, anyone got any clues?
Old Oct 24, 12, 2:44 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Why not drop back into the office on your return and see if she is there, thank her once again in person and get her name then?
Old Oct 24, 12, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I have to echo the comments of others in this thread: the Concierge service is amazing. YVR-YYC last night was badly delayed due to weather in YYC; the Concierge proactively called me to notify me of the delay, offered to get me on an earlier flight (which was sold out), did so, and got me into J with no fuss. So with basically no effort on my part I went from being 1.5+ hours delayed and getting home near midnight to no delays whatsoever and a nice arrival time which actually allowed me to spend some time with my SO! Stellar service from the YVR team. As always, actually. This is but the latest of many times they have come through for me.
Old Jan 10, 13, 12:12 am

Programs: AC QR WS*S
Thanks to Louis in PEK for having my boarding pass ready for me during my short transfer, much appreciated!
Old Jan 11, 13, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
My thanks are to the LHR concierge, long story but trying to get a flight from YOW to YHZ changed so I could travel with my sister on that leg. Called her at 5.45am London time (had just arrived from SIN), she managed to get me on the same flight and with upgrade intact, and she was just so darn nice about it!
Old Jan 20, 13, 2:56 am

Programs: UA (G), AA(P),AP (SE), hhonors (D), marriott rewards (G), Priority Club (G),National Emerald(EE)
yul concierge saved my journey

It's been a tough day firday 18th and I ended up leaving late to the airport. Of course, when you leave late, all the lights are red on the road, etc. Anyway, when I realized I'm closed to airport but not there yet, I call the concierge to see if the flight would be late by any chance. And it was, which gave me little more time...but not much. They were 4 minutes before they'd close the bag checking for this flight. The concierge told me: "Don't go park now, come to the second door in the departure zone and I'll take care of your bag while you go and park your car". It all worked out. I arrived in Sydney and my bag was there. I called the concierge to tell them my gratitude. I rarely use the concierge services, but when I do, they always save my life. It's an awesome perk for SE.
Old Jan 20, 13, 10:41 am

Yesterday was flying YUL-YWG-YYC-home airport--flight was delayed leaving YUL--so I was going to miss my connection in YWG--but the flight attendant said that I was on the aircraft which was going to go to YYC--so I should stay on board. Done!! Then I realized my home town connection will not be doable as I'll have 10 mins or less to get across YYC airport.(B gates to A gates) Asked the flight attendant to contact concierge in YYC ( always they come through when needed) She said she didn't know what can be done. Then just before landing came over and said " they have been back to us and they'll hold the flight for you". On arrival in YYC there was a concierge waiting for me and accompanied me to the connecting desk where there was somebody else waiting to take me to the aircraft.( yes the flight was held) The YYC concierge are really great and are always there when I need them. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 13, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Montreal Concierge

Hi FT'ers. Does anyone know if the Montreal Concierge changed their phone number. I'm calling the one on my card (valid till Feb 28 this year) and it says its been disconnected? If you happen to have it and can PM it that would be awesome. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 13, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by sjhanlon View Post
Hi FT'ers. Does anyone know if the Montreal Concierge changed their phone number. I'm calling the one on my card (valid till Feb 28 this year) and it says its been disconnected? If you happen to have it and can PM it that would be awesome. Thanks!
sent you a PM
Old Jan 27, 13, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA (G), AA(P),AP (SE), hhonors (D), marriott rewards (G), Priority Club (G),National Emerald(EE)
Originally Posted by sjhanlon View Post
Yes, they did change it. But when I tried to call last time, the new number was in the Bell message that says they been disconnected. Just call the old number and you will get the new one. I don't have it near me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: