The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Old Oct 15, 10, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by j_the_p View Post
I've only ever dealt with concierges at YYZ, YYC, YEG and YVR. By far, my best experience is with the folks at YEG. Maybe it's because it's the smallest of the four stations I mentioned, but they are so helpful and friendly. Thanks to Sandi(sp?), Kim and Debbie. Boo to YYZ concierges. They seem to loathe domestic SE pax.
In spite of one bad experience 3 years ago at YYZ, all other experiences have been great there. Last January they went out of their way to get me back to YWG after a late arrival BA from LHR due to snow at LHR (as in "Icing aircraft?? We have to now de-ice them and..). Other times being "stuck" at YOW and delayed at YWG also resulted in a LOT of help.

In August the AC staff at LHR asked me several times if I wanted to pay for an upgrade to 1st. After declining a couple of times I decided to do so just before boarding ... and staff had to retrieve my bag so I could get my misplaced credit card. No sweat with security, and AC had a real happy passenger with great service on board too. Stupid me for not agreeing to the upgrade when checking in as I could have experienced to AC lounge at LHR.

Unfortunately, AC does not have Premium economy on international flights, so long hauls are seldom done with AC.
Old Oct 15, 10, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
A further thank you to YVR concierge team.
I was coming in from Seoul at 11:00 AM, and booked on 3:00 PM departure to YYZ,
since that was the only flight that had R space when I booked for immed upgrade.
I sent an email to them before I left Seoul asking them to try to change me to the
2:00 PM flight ( J2, all other classes 0 when I left), which also had the advantage
of being a flight with pods instead of a 321.
When I got off the plane in YVR, a concierge was there with a new boarding pass and
luggage tags for the 2:00 PM flight.
Nexus ( with secondary inspection), bags off the belt fast, retagged and re-checked,
all done within 30 minutes of touchdown.
Great service, great experience! ( And a good crew on AC 64 as well).
AC is improving. Now if they can only do something about the IFE.
Moving around Asia on CX, SQ, TG, and OZ makes one realize how far behind
AC is on IFE. 4 reboots on my flight today.
Old Dec 1, 11, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Can't believe no-one has posted in this thread since my last post over a year ago.

Two days ago I landed in JFK, with a connection from LGA to YYZ. When I turned on my
Blackberry, there was an email from AC telling me that my LGA-YYZ flight at 3:30 PM
was cancelled, and they had put me on the 4:30 PM. There was also a voice mail
from the concierge offering to put me on the 2:30 instead. I called her back, told
her I was at the carousel awaiting luggage, and that I would be fine with that.
She then called me back 5 minutes later, telling me there was space at 1:30 ( it
was now 11:30 AM) and asking if I wanted that. I said yes, luggage came out 5 minutes
later, and I was at LGA by 12:15. The concierge ( Maria) was waiting for me at the counter with luggage tag and boarding pass in hand.

After some 31 hours in transit that was much appreciated!
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:01 pm

YEG = Best concierge of the year! (Debbie)

Not saying others did not do their jobs, but she always seems to go the extra mile!
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:05 pm

Programs: Car seems to be the mode of transport these days. I do not miss all the travel
The "THANKS Concierge!

I have heard about Concierges, but in 4 trips into YVR from ICN, I have never seen one. I only fly in J, sometimes with a partner, but just never seen them. As everyone knows, J fares transpacific are not cheap, and at $ 5,000.00 you'd think maybe someone would wave at you, or just see if all is well.
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chavada View Post
I have heard about Concierges, but in 4 trips into YVR from ICN, I have never seen one. I only fly in J, sometimes with a partner, but just never seen them. As everyone knows, J fares transpacific are not cheap, and at $ 5,000.00 you'd think maybe someone would wave at you, or just see if all is well.
Well, the main point of the concierges is to be there when things go wrong like bad weather, flight cancellations/delays, missed connections...There are only a few concierges around at a time, so expecting them to welcome arriving J pax is - letīs put it nicely - a little unrealistic.

You donīt even get that kind of service on most carriers when flying F...
Old Dec 1, 11, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Well, the main point of the concierges is to be there when things go wrong like bad weather, flight cancellations/delays, missed connections...There are only a few concierges around at a time, so expecting them to welcome arriving J pax is - letīs put it nicely - a little unrealistic.

You donīt even get that kind of service on most carriers when flying F...
+1 Usually though when you're deplaning int'l there's one around
Old Dec 1, 11, 8:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
^+Betty in YVR
^Gale in YYC
Old Dec 1, 11, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by hearna View Post
YEG = Best concierge of the year! (Debbie)

Not saying others did not do their jobs, but she always seems to go the extra mile!
+1 and Sandy and Kim! But then these are the folks I talk to most often, Toonto has been pretty helpful as well but I can never keep track of individual conceirges but both Annes have been quite helpful.
Old Dec 1, 11, 8:45 pm

Thanks to the YYC concierge team. ^

Look for my picture on the wall next time you're through. It should be there soon.
Old Dec 1, 11, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by jlisi984 View Post
Look for my picture on the wall next time you're through. It should be there soon.
Is there a wall of fame in the YYC lounge? I've never seen it. Or is it just going to be you ?
Old Dec 1, 11, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae View Post
Is there a wall of fame in the YYC lounge? I've never seen it. Or is it just going to be you ?
Not the lounge... The concierge office.
Old Dec 30, 11, 10:14 pm

Thanks to the YYC concierge team for checking in two friends (Y pax), giving them lounge passes, and getting them the bulkhead row! ^
Old Dec 30, 11, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 View Post
Thanks to the YYC concierge team for checking in two friends (Y pax), giving them lounge passes, and getting them the bulkhead row! ^
Thanks Gale and Nick and the whole team for a great year!
Old Dec 30, 11, 11:23 pm

Thanks Janice, John, Glenn and the whole YWG team for a great year!

Special Thank You to [email protected] for going far far far above and beyond numerous times this year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: