Wiki Posts
Search

What's your favourite MLL?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
What's your favourite MLL?

Was flipping through an old enRoute magazine the other day (I lead an exciting life... ) and noticed that YVR has several MLLs, including 3 in the US/international departures wing. For those of you who frequent YVR, which MLL is the best?

More generally, what's your favourite MLL, either here or abroad?

ml
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:10 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
It is definitely YUL - domestic.
I find it well designed and bright, with wonderful views.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:10 am

Programs: several
I kinda like the new YVR Transborder one best.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:27 am

Programs: AC MM
YUL domestic, hands down. This lounge can be full, but I always head around the corner and way at the back where the big comfy leather chairs are and the Sony tv's. Maybe I shouldn't be posting this, but most people don't seem to know about this area.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
YUL is not bad, though I cannot comment on the new transborder MLL, but the old one was fine save for not having much of a view other than of arriving passengers. And the domestic/international has just about everything anyone would need.

But YOW has been a good one, from the perspective of people watching -- hey, our politicians are our movie stars -- and the soups they serve.

YYC and YEG are pretty good, though PCs are limited for internet access if you don't have your own laptop. YVR Domestic is also a good, all round MLL, with special fondness coming from its EMPRESS CLUB origins. Transborder quite nice with its open, airy second floor expanses. I found the international one too small and poorly serviced for my liking.

YYZ will have to be judged by the T1New facility, since the T2 domestic is in pretty bad shape for a variety of reasons discussed elsewhere. The Transborder lounge suffers from having no windows and having the "back" entrance sealed off. [This used to be the entrance to the old International MLL, which was a nice intimate space.

YYT is a nice bright space. Small but functional.

And LHR's best feature are those four massage loungers! Worst feature is the reliance on SK's internet ISP which sucks hugely. Great English cheese selection, Cheddars and Gloucesters of which I admit to smuggling back to Canada.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:44 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

YVR transborder and YYC domestic (nice comfy chairs around the fireplace!) are both nice! YUL domestic gets way too crowded everytime I am in there for me to call it my favourite (I am usually there when everyone is there waiting for their Europe flights).
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My choice goes to YEG.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am biased! YWG. I love the fireplace.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC Elite
YVR domestic (Empress Lounge)
and YWG
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
YVR Empress Lounge - the view of the tarmac and mountains is spectacular. Nice size as well - rarely overcrowded.

Don't like YEG as much as if there was a better view of the runways.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:05 pm

I can't remember what the YYC one looks like. I'm always just making my flights before the cut off - LOL

I avoid the YUL one like the plague because it's always so busy.

I think I like the YVR domestic best (it has showers as well you know)
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:13 pm

With the exception of YYZ T2 (both), all the MLLs are very nice and are the best feature of AP status. My favourites are YVR transborder and YEG. LAX has Dr. Pepper but restrooms across the hall and no high-speed PC access (low-speed only).
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PunishedEdmontonian:
LAX has Dr. Pepper </font>
I hadn't had Dr. Pepper since I was a little kid and one day back in 1997 when flying through there I took one, and then another the next trip through and so on... Now, 6 years later is about all I drink. Darn you to heck LAX MLL
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:24 pm

It's the bottling contracts that prevent AC from having Dr. Pepper in Canada as opposed to the US as I think it's bottled/handled by Coke in the US.

P.S. CO serves Dr. Pepper both on flights and in the President's Club.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Favourites: YVR Transborder and YEG
Least favourite: YYC (too crowded and cramped for an airport of that size and has just 2 PCs versus YEG's 5).

OT: AS's SEA Board Room is my favourite lounge in North America and UA's RCC at NRT is so far my favourite worldwide (the Premier Lounge in SIN is by far the worst and an honourable mention to the US Club at EWR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.