Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by elbarto94
This might be a stupid question - but when did you feel that SE would be worth such intensive turns? Of course you might just be enjoying being in the air, but curious on what additional value you perceive.
As an SE on OPM, this is like asking an undercover cop when the free crack started tasting good.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC/Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by RangerNS
As an SE on OPM, this is like asking an undercover cop when the free crack started tasting good.
​​​​​​
Lol love that analogy. SE via OPM is the dream - I am looking at some inspiration to fork out my own post tax dollars to climb up the status levels haha
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by elbarto94
This might be a stupid question - but when did you feel that SE would be worth such intensive turns? Of course you might just be enjoying being in the air, but curious on what additional value you perceive.

My work travel is usually on the corporate jet, so I am sort of a lost cause on being carbon neutral lol
SE became worth it for me with the free award booking cancellation and changes (flexibility), e-ups , Worldwide Business priority awards (50% off award fares). Note, easy for one person, a lot more tricky to book multiple people.
elbarto94 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Hardly matters. I can't recall the last AC widebody flight I was on - day or night - where they weren't trying to keep the cabin darkened for the duration. Really frustrating on a morning flight where some people might want to nap, while others want to start their day and be productive without experiencing total circadian confusion.
Aaaand that is why I choose 777 over 787's for Transatl and Transpac now.....at least I can control the shades. Also my perception is 777 seats seem to a tad larger.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Apr 29, 2024 at 7:20 am Reason: grammar
Old May 5, 2024, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Have a WWCP and found some dates in May that work for YVR-YYZ-DXB-YYZ-YVR with upgrade space as reported by the website. Anyone interested?

Booking in latitude (to secure upgrade now) works out to 5375ish for both.
Looking at this itinerary if anyone is interested. Currently all segments show "You are within your clearance window. eUpgrades available" for latitude to J upgrades.

22380 SQM in latitude. I have a WWCP. Split two ways, 2694.59 each. YQ is 805, plus 499 WWCP for 1304 SQD. Or if you want more SQD and have a WWCP we can use that instead.
Attached Images  
HerpaYvr, ffsim, Bohemian1 and 1 others like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Looking at this itinerary if anyone is interested. Currently all segments show "You are within your clearance window. eUpgrades available" for latitude to J upgrades.

22380 SQM in latitude. I have a WWCP. Split two ways, 2694.59 each. YQ is 805, plus 499 WWCP for 1304 SQD. Or if you want more SQD and have a WWCP we can use that instead.
If only you lived in SFO
Old May 5, 2024, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If only you lived in SFO
Prices from SFO are more than 2x. Cheaper to reposition to YVR.
Old May 6, 2024, 12:38 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

This is what we paid for May 28-30 and we are upgraded already, took two weeks for all four flights to become J.

I would do this again in May but my dance card is full 3X BOG, 1 X YYZ 1 X DXB

May is too short of a month to squeeze in another DXB but I want to.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Ok now that I have had four hours of sleep I am functional again. I like to do more but I am still a M-F 9-5 working for the man working stuff.

Love to do just one more DXB, do not need SQD, just SQM to hit 460K SQM and then I can enjoy point flying for the rest of the year.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 3:30 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Love to do just one more DXB, do not need SQD, just SQM to hit 460K SQM and then I can enjoy point flying for the rest of the year.
I'll bite, what's the turn like?
Old May 6, 2024, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'll bite, what's the turn like?
Looks like it's just over six hours on the ground. Enough time to visit the Emirates lounge for a meal, then a shower, then another meal.
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:07 pm

That is very appealing - I am able to leave from YYZ- newbie question so apologies in advance - how many SQM would this round trip be? YYZ- DXB-YYZ?
Thanks in advance
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by markoaleks
That is very appealing - I am able to leave from YYZ- newbie question so apologies in advance - how many SQM would this round trip be? YYZ- DXB-YYZ?
Thanks in advance
Cowtool suggests 17,190 total SQM, taking into account the class of service bonus with latitude... i'm based out of YYZ and interested in an mileage run too, but might wait until better deals.
markoaleks likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: SE 100K

Love the idea and would be very interested.... but alas already away / in Europe then.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
DXB

Would be interested around Dec 3 to 10 in order to attend F1 in AUH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.