Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Old Apr 23, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kalderlake
I might be the only person who can use this, but I'm seeing an 11-segment YXS-YDF return trip in Flex September 5-7th for $785 (SQD $626). Requires an overnight in Deer Lake.

Should be able to figure out something similar in reverse, if you can reposition to YDF.

Probably need Itamatrix with powertools to book it.
My goodness...I think I'd rather walk...
zrh2yvr and Transpacificflyer like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC 50K
I might be the only person who can use this, but I'm seeing an 11-segment YXS-YDF return trip in Flex September 5-7th for $785 (SQD $626). Requires an overnight in Deer Lake.

Should be able to figure out something similar in reverse, if you can reposition to YDF.
Works for me! I live 35 min from YDF .

Out of curiosity, what's the routing?
Old Apr 23, 2024, 5:31 pm

Have a WWCP and found some dates in May that work for YVR-YYZ-DXB-YYZ-YVR with upgrade space as reported by the website. Anyone interested?

Booking in latitude (to secure upgrade now) works out to 5375ish for both.
CanadianMike and loganre17 like this.

Last edited by vancouver25k; Apr 23, 2024 at 6:59 pm Reason: Added price and fare brand
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Have a WWCP and found some dates in May that work for YVR-YYZ-DXB-YYZ-YVR with upgrade space as reported by the website. Anyone interested?
Might help if you mentioned the price and the fare brand. Hard to decide without those
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by salteen
Works for me! I live 35 min from YDF .

Out of curiosity, what's the routing?
Here's an example from YDF that requires an overnight in Prince George:

I was able to find ten segments to YQQ (Comox) that didn't require a hotel stay, but I can't get it to open in the AC site at the moment.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:11 am

Programs: AC 50K
Here's an example from YDF that requires an overnight in Prince George:

I was able to find ten segments to YQQ (Comox) that didn't require a hotel stay, but I can't get it to open in the AC site at the moment.
Thanks, good find. By changing the destination to YXY, I was able to find a 9 segment itinerary with a same-day turnaround:

I'm actually able to book it on the AC site for a bit less than indicated ($797 in flex). Racks up a few more miles than YXS too.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'm actually able to book it on the AC site for a bit less than indicated ($797 in flex). Racks up a few more miles than YXS too.
I haven't been able to get powertools to get a multi-segment deep link in a while. AC always kicks me back to their search result page.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Thanks, good find. By changing the destination to YXY, I was able to find a 9 segment itinerary with a same-day turnaround:

My back hurts just reading this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by YOWgary
My back hurts just reading this.
​​​​​​
add a quick back and forth during the 3+ hour connection and it would have a similar segmemt count to an old Earn Your Wings itinerary. Repeating 5-10 days might have placed us in top 10. Might.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

Before it snows, this may be fun to do, sure I will need to take a couple of Advil 12 hour pain relief but fun. Enjoy the many SE snacks for meals, lol.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:49 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by vancouver25k

Booking in latitude (to secure upgrade now) works out to 5375ish for both.
dates?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
dates?
May 25-27 work best for me, other dates seemed available too but I didn't try too hard.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC/Aeroplan 25K
Hey folks - long time FT reader, newbie poster. Booked a trip yesterday that I thought was good CPM - although I wasn't trying to do a MR. New to the game, let me know if this was good value from MR perspective?

YYZ - YVR - NRT; HND - SIN - PNH; PNH - ICN - YYZ. (SIN - PNH & PNH - ICN were Y, all else PY)
Booked for October: 10 days in Japan, a little more than a week in Cambodia. Long layover in SK. Only had enough eUps for waitlisting on YYZ-YVR and ICN-YYZ leg. So will have to stick to PY for YVR - NRT. Could be worse though!

Came out to CAD $2.5k. 19.5k miles on GCM, ~24.5k SQM after PY multiplier. Comes out to just about 10 CPM - with PY!

If anyone is looking to book a similar trip, I was able to find similar prices for HAN, CGK, MNL. I was looking around Sep/Oct.

Last edited by elbarto94; Apr 26, 2024 at 1:05 am
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by elbarto94
Hey folks - long time FT reader, newbie poster. Booked a trip yesterday that I thought was good CPM - although I wasn't trying to do a MR. New to the game, let me know if this was good value from MR perspective?

YYZ - YVR - NRT; HND - SIN - PNH; PNH - ICN - YYZ. (SIN - PNH & PNH - ICN were Y, all else PY

If anyone is looking to book a similar trip, I was able to find similar prices for HAN, CGK, MNL. I was looking around Sep/Oct.
Unless its all on 014 stock, you wont get nearly as much sqd as you hope to get. I could be wrong though.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 5:56 am

Programs: AC 50k
Originally Posted by elbarto94

YYZ - YVR - NRT; HND - SIN - PNH; PNH - ICN - YYZ. (SIN - PNH & PNH - ICN were Y, all else PY)
Booked for October: 10 days in Japan, a little more than a week in Cambodia. Long layover in SK. Only had enough eUps for waitlisting on YYZ-YVR and ICN-YYZ leg. So will have to stick to PY for YVR - NRT. Could be worse though!

Came out to CAD $2.5k. 19.5k miles on GCM, ~24.5k SQM after PY multiplier. Comes out to just about 10 CPM - with PY!

Did you check the SQM estimate using cowtool? If you were able to book that itinerary all in PY it's a great price regardless (for just here and back on AC alone) but I imagine a lot of the intra-asia legs are not on AC so the earning rate is possibly less. Early on I made the mistake of assuming PY on Eva earned at the same rate listed on their website (but it was less when mapped back to aeroplan) and as a result didn't hit 50k that year which was annoying [ back before i knew of FT and all the tools here]. PY on a partner airline frequently maps to one of the Y fare classes (and not always at 100% even).

Last edited by liquidpop; Apr 26, 2024 at 6:07 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.