Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:56 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Anyone started flying these for the year? I am taking advantage of a wide body flight YYZ-YEG this next weekend.
I've got three SJU trips booked in the next couple weeks.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
Anyone started flying these for the year? I am taking advantage of a wide body flight YYZ-YEG this next weekend.
My first flight in 2024 was a mileage run in January. A day trip YYZ-LAX-YYZ.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've got three SJU trips booked in the next couple weeks.
Hey Adam I have looked at SJU, MEX as well as CUN. For SJU are you spending the night or getting off and getting on?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Hey Adam I have looked at SJU, MEX as well as CUN. For SJU are you spending the night or getting off and getting on?
One immediate turn on AC, the other two I'm overnight at SJU. AC is only flying on Saturdays for the rest of the season, and I have commitments in YYC on the 20th and 26th, so had to do a couple of midweek trips mostly on UA. On some days there's a redeye option if you want to avoid a hotel night I don't remember whether they were available on those particular days, because I loathe redyes and would rather spend a few bucks on a hotel.
unclepants and HerpaYvr like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
My co-worker who wanted to do an MR to DXB has changed his mind. Once he explained how his companion pass worked and he and I were doing a run to DXB, his wife strongly suggested a romantic weekend in Paris for the MR. Well, that saying is real, happy wife, happy life so no DXB MR .

I have a companion pass I like to use, so if anyone is interested in doing an MR to DXB, EZE, SCL etc reach out
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I’m likely going to want to get to $20K again and I may be a bit short for the first year in forever. Need some ideas on something interesting on a wide body somewhere that’s also not too bad CPM wise. Preferably out of YVR…
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

My co-worker who wanted to do an MR to DXB has changed his mind. Once he explained how his companion pass worked and he and I were doing a run to DXB, his wife strongly suggested a romantic weekend in Paris for the MR. Well, that saying is real, happy wife, happy life so no DXB MR .

I have a companion pass I like to use, so if anyone is interested in doing an MR to DXB, EZE, SCL etc reach out
[MENTION=29064]yyznomad[/MENTION] has been dragging his feet on trying to organize something for me and him, so if you can wait a bit, I might be interested, and I have 2 companion passes to work with
HerpaYvr, Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: SE 100K
Im likely going to want to get to $20K again and I may be a bit short for the first year in forever. Need some ideas on something interesting on a wide body somewhere thats also not too bad CPM wise. Preferably out of YVR
ditto for me.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:21 am

Programs: Air Canada 35K, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold

I hope being too new to the group wont affect me but would be happy to do a DXB MR on the companion pass. Based in YVR but can reposition
HerpaYvr likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Im likely going to want to get to $20K again and I may be a bit short for the first year in forever. Need some ideas on something interesting on a wide body somewhere thats also not too bad CPM wise. Preferably out of YVR
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
ditto for me.
Also in YVR, looking to get to $20K again while maximizing progress towards million miler. This would be my third year in SE, thanks to everyone at FT.
CanadianMike and kronos80 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by mistytalon
Also in YVR, looking to get to $20K again while maximizing progress towards million miler. This would be my third year in SE, thanks to everyone at FT.
I'm already talking to another FTer about sharing our WWCPs and getting a couple of trips out of them. Looks like we could get an in-flight do together...
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I'm already talking to another FTer about sharing our WWCPs and getting a couple of trips out of them. Looks like we could get an in-flight do together...
That is a great idea!
CanadianMike and mistytalon like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Okay, so, I have two companion passes to work with, and I'm looking for someone to use them with. I don't care whether you contribute yours - no need for quid pro quo on the passes. Since I'm contributing two passes (and am willing to fund all of the eUps), I suggest the other person do most of the leg work to find upgradeable space (I don't want to play AeroLotto); if there's no R space but it looks like the upgrade might clear right away, I don't mind booking and requesting the eUp, then cancelling if it doesn't clear right away.

I would be open to positioning to Europe for ex-Latitude fares, but I don't want to have to position domestically, so if you're in YYZ, YUL, or whatever, you need to position to/from YYC to the extent that's needed.

I would like to make a trip out of this. It could just be a weekend, but I'm not keen to go to DXB or CPH or whatever and get back on the same plane. We don't have to hang out together for that time period, e.g. if we do an ex-Europe Latitude, you can go straight home after the return to Europe if you want and I'll hang out for a couple of days. Or we can hang out.

IMPORTANT CAVEAT: I only want to do this with someone I've met in person. Could be that we met at a Do, or just briefly at an airport (hi [MENTION=897035]yeeg[/MENTION] ), but if we haven't met in person, please don't contact me.

Anyway, if that's of interest to anyone, let me know. If we've met in person, there's a good chance you have my e-mail or can get me via WhatsApp/Signal. If not, send me a PM with your info and we can connect off FT.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Suggestions for segment runs? And/or with segments ~> 800sqm to work both options.

In YHZ, could reposition to YUL/YOW/YYZ to start the meat of it. Weekend would be nice. Overnight in a Marriott preferred. NEXUS so US ok, but also, have a job so obligated to value my time slightly .
​​​​
​​​

Any reliable multihop paths I'd have no reason to know about?
Old Apr 23, 2024, 12:11 pm

I might be the only person who can use this, but I'm seeing an 11-segment YXS-YDF return trip in Flex September 5-7th for $785 (SQD $626). Requires an overnight in Deer Lake.

Should be able to figure out something similar in reverse, if you can reposition to YDF.

Probably need Itamatrix with powertools to book it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.