Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:52 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yeeg
My schedule will be as follows.
Feb 29 YYC YVR BNE AKL
Mar 4 AKL YVR YYZ SCL
Mar 7 SCL YYZ YYC
That's some epic mileage!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Some good deals to SCL in the first week of March.
FLEX Y from $1100 depending on location.
Might be my last YYC YYZ SCL trip given they are discontinuing this route after march.

Feb 29 YYC YVR BNE AKL
Mar 4 AKL YVR YYZ SCL
Mar 7 SCL YYZ YYC

Feel free to join me on any or all of my segments
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That's some epic mileage!
I know, my butt hurts just thinking about it.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:06 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Some good deals to SCL in the first week of March.
FLEX Y from $1100 depending on location.
Might be my last YYC YYZ SCL trip given they are discontinuing this route after march.

Feb 29 YYC YVR BNE AKL
Mar 4 AKL YVR YYZ SCL
Mar 7 SCL YYZ YYC

Feel free to join me on any or all of my segments
How about lunch at AKL March 04? Iím on your inbound AC 39
I leave AKL 15:30 on GB449
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:09 pm

YVR-AKL Saturday March 02 is $870 in Flex and
AC 39 YVR 23:45 → AKL 10:55
J8 C8 D7 Z7 P5 R5 O9 E9 A9 N6 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 G9
Stops: 0
Aircraft: 789
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by taupo
I was kind of curious how it would look to return a couple days later, then I realized with the less-than-daily service on that route, my desire not to do an immediate turn on something of that length, and the 7-day eUp window, it's probably never going to be feasible to confirm an eUp in both directions at the time of booking on a Flex fare.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I was kind of curious how it would look to return a couple days later, then I realized with the less-than-daily service on that route, my desire not to do an immediate turn on something of that length, and the 7-day eUp window, it's probably never going to be feasible to confirm an eUp in both directions at the time of booking on a Flex fare.
Could be tough to confirm at booking, but having watched their loads, they are light in both directions.

If anyone grabs this, let me know. PBB before PDB
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by taupo
Recently did this trip for a short visit - well worth it, great time. However, no R space on the way there made for a less than ideal flight, but with R space it's great. Take tons of eUps though.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Recently did this trip for a short visit - well worth it, great time. However, no R space on the way there made for a less than ideal flight, but with R space it's great. Take tons of eUps though.
I'm rolling in eUps, don't really care about burning those. I just refuse to fly anything that long not in J. I was utterly miserable on my last trans-oceanic flight in Y and vowed that I would try to never do it again. In the nearly 20 years since, I haven't. If I really needed to get somewhere for a funeral or something like that, I might, but for something frivolous like a mileage run, I want to do it in comfort
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:00 am

Using a companion pass for Mar 2-5 works out to 2510 for 2. Downside is that the return is J6 C5 D5 Z3 P0 R0 so trying to get two of those seats might be tough. Still tempting, although I'd need to find a +1. Couldn't get same day return to price out.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
On AC33 to SYD now connecting on NZ104 to AKL. Squeezed out a few more SQM this way and get to check out what NZ has to offer.
Bad part of this trip is the 100% chance of 30mm rain on Sunday.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE
I'm rolling in eUps, don't really care about burning those. I just refuse to fly anything that long not in J. I was utterly miserable on my last trans-oceanic flight in Y and vowed that I would try to never do it again. In the nearly 20 years since, I haven't. If I really needed to get somewhere for a funeral or something like that, I might, but for something frivolous like a mileage run, I want to do it in comfort
I can't argue with this. I ended up in PE out and J back. The PE was unsure as it didn't happen until the gate so I was getting mildly concerned as the list kept changing.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
I can't argue with this. I ended up in PE out and J back. The PE was unsure as it didn't happen until the gate so I was getting mildly concerned as the list kept changing.
I will never book intercontinental Y unless I can get a confirmed upgrade at time of booking. I've had a bad enough experience with PY that I'm not taking the chance.

Hell that was the day I decided I needed MM.

I've had a legitimate situation in transcon PY where I was third on the list for J. STR+1 were ahead of me.

Flex more than 7 days out is just too scary. I can handle 5 hours in Y, though I hate it.

I'd rather pay 25cpm for J in December than 3cpm for "hopefully I'm not in" Y in March.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
UA - YYC-ZIH - 750 CAD / $556 r/t - Business - Last Minute - 8910 SQM

That's certainly the CPM I'd jump on for J.

At least UA is giving some love to our YYC friends.
gh00lz likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
UA - YYC-ZIH - 750 CAD / $556 r/t - Business - Last Minute - 8910 SQM

That's certainly the CPM I'd jump on for J.

At least UA is giving some love to our YYC friends.
Yeah, I really love having to overnight in both directions and at the destination.

I was initially psyched to see something departing YYC, but the crap schedule renders it useless.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Anyone started flying these for the year? I am taking advantage of a wide body flight YYZ-YEG this next weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.