Air Canada Reservation Issues

Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Air Canada Reservation Issues

My wife made a Air Canada reservation in early November for me for my birthday and got a great deal to Honolulu for January flights - $340.49 round trip

She received a booking confirmation e-mail with a booking reference number and PDF file, and we saw a pending charge on our credit card, so we assumed all was good.

Today, we checked the Air Canada app, and the flight is no longer showing.

We tried calling the Reservations Desk, and they said they cannot see the reservation, and were of no help.

We then escalated to a manager, who asked us to send her the confirmation e-mail to her e-mail at globalreservationdesk.com, and then she told us the reservation didn't go through as it was pending (although there was nothing in the confirmation saying the reservation was pending). The manager then hung up on us after we asked for her name.

Any idea what might have happened , and whether there is any way to escalate this?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada, Best Western, Marriott
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
My wife made a Air Canada reservation in early November for me for my birthday and got a great deal to Honolulu for January flights - $340.49 round trip

She received a booking confirmation e-mail with a booking reference number and PDF file, and we saw a pending charge on our credit card, so we assumed all was good.

Today, we checked the Air Canada app, and the flight is no longer showing.

We tried calling the Reservations Desk, and they said they cannot see the reservation, and were of no help.

We then escalated to a manager, who asked us to send her the confirmation e-mail to her e-mail at globalreservationdesk.com, and then she told us the reservation didn't go through as it was pending (although there was nothing in the confirmation saying the reservation was pending). The manager then hung up on us after we asked for her name.

Any idea what might have happened , and whether there is any way to escalate this?
Was the res made directlly with AC?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by foothills county flier
Was the res made directlly with AC?
Yes it was made directly on the air canada web site (on my wife's iphone safari browser).

She received a confirmation e-mail instantly.

No further e-mails, or anything indicating that the reservation didn't go through.

Looking at the online credit card statement that the reservation was charged to, the pending Air Canada charge dropped off the statement and no longer shows and no final charge was put through.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Did the email have a ticket number?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada, Best Western, Marriott
Yes it was made directly on the air canada web site (on my wife's iphone safari browser).

She received a confirmation e-mail instantly.

No further e-mails, or anything indicating that the reservation didn't go through.

Looking at the online credit card statement that the reservation was charged to, the pending Air Canada charge dropped off the statement and no longer shows and no final charge was put through.
That sounds more of a credit card issue, than ACs. I would phone your credit card issuer, and find out why the charge was not authorized.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by foothills county flier
That sounds more of a credit card issue, than ACs. I would phone your credit card issuer, and find out why the charge was not authorized.
the pdf file did not have a ticket number

Booked with the td visa infinite privilege aeroplan card

called them and they said they had no record of any declined charges and that the temporary charges would have fallen off after a certain period of time and they could no longer see them
Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
This is the relevant part - it sounds like the trip never ticketed for some reason.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
The pending transaction would've had a ticket number in it. The charge would show up as something like "AIR CAN* 014xxxxxxxx AIRCANADA.COM". Your bank may be able to see that information.

That said.... one possibility that comes to mind is that your bank rejected the transaction because of fraud detection purposes.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Spoke to the TD Bank rep yesterday and they said they did not see any rejected charges for the time period I bought the ticket.

Have also used this card to purchase Air Canada tickets in the past with no issues.

When I purchased the ticket on the web site no indication there was any payment issues. Transaction processed normally, payment went through, and I received a confirmation e-mail immediately.

Originally Posted by warrens
The pending transaction would've had a ticket number in it. The charge would show up as something like "AIR CAN* 014xxxxxxxx AIRCANADA.COM". Your bank may be able to see that information.

That said.... one possibility that comes to mind is that your bank rejected the transaction because of fraud detection purposes.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:12 am

My guess is that AC did not charge the fund before the authorization expired.
The credit card transaction disappeared because the authorization expired.
The AC booking disappeared because AC did not receive the payment.

Try to rebook the flights. If the prices are higher than the original booking, call them and ask for price adjustments.

Always check for the ticket number after booking, and if it is missing, call the vendor ASAP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.