Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 90 YVR-YYZ-EZE to LA Flight in EZE

Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium

Hi All - I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with flight connections between Air Canada and LATAM airlines.
Ticket is issued by AC on 014 stock, carry on baggage only. Flights are in less than a week from now

Departure: Business Class - (AC YVR-YYZ-GRU-EZE), then Prem Econ (LATAM EZE-LIM)
Return: Prem Econ (LATAM LIM-GRU), then Business Class (AC GRU-YYZ-YVR)
Tickets were booked way back when AC has scheduled service from YYZ to LIM on their winter schedule.
They pulled it and re booked us on the above routing.
I know AC and LA do not have codeshare agreement, but they do have interline agreement. I don't know if they have same res systems or not.
As far as connection experience goes in EZE on the way down and GRU on the return, here are my questions:

DEPARTURE:
When I check in at YVR, is AC able to also check us in for the LA flight (EZE-LIM)?
If not, is online check in on LA still an option (even with AC issued ticket)?
Or are we going to have to clear customs/immigration, just to go to LA check in counter at EZE to get BP's issued?
We have 4 hours connection in EZE, so we have time (hopefully AC's abysmal delays don't shorten this connection window)

RETURN:
When I check in at LIM, is LA able to also check us in for the AC flights (GRU-YYZ-YVR)?
If not, is online check in on AC still an option (even with AC issued ticket)?
Or are we going to have to clear customs/immigration, just to go to AC check in counter at GRU to get BP's issued?
We have 3.5 hours connection in GRU, so we have time

If anyone has insight on the above, I would be more than grateful for the feedback.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
I can't answer your questions with any certainty, but I remember seeing agents holding signs for international connections at EZE. Also, if you don't have luck checking in for EZE-LIM at YVR or online, try at GRU, which is Latam's main base (they likely have some sort of connection check-in desk, or maybe at their lounge).

For the return part, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to check-in online for the AC flights, since it is an AC ticket.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:58 pm

AC has just been able to check me all the way through for an itinerary where the last segment was operated by LA. Don't foresee any issues on the outbound.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
AC has just been able to check me all the way through for an itinerary where the last segment was operated by LA. Don't foresee any issues on the outbound.
That is super awesome news, thanks for the feedback!
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by yvr1971
That is super awesome news, thanks for the feedback!
I'm not sure if you've flown your return yet, but I've flown mine and other than my bag getting left behind in GRU, it was very smooth.

The automatic check in feature of LATAM worked well - I did literally nothing before showing up at the airport bag drop, yet I had SEQ 001 on both of my AC boarding passes (itinerary GIG-GRU-YYZ-YYC). AC reprinted the AC boarding passes at the gate in GRU.
unclepants likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I'm not sure if you've flown your return yet, but I've flown mine and other than my bag getting left behind in GRU, it was very smooth.

The automatic check in feature of LATAM worked well - I did literally nothing before showing up at the airport bag drop, yet I had SEQ 001 on both of my AC boarding passes (itinerary GIG-GRU-YYZ-YYC). AC reprinted the AC boarding passes at the gate in GRU.
Just got back from the trip 3 days ago, and happy to report no issues in either direction. Both ways bags were checked all the way through and all flights were checked in at origin with BP's in hand with both airlines. Exact same experience as you at GRU where we got the AC BP's printed after doc check right at the gate about 1.5 hours before departure.
unclepants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.