AC 8192 - more vomit on plane

Old Sep 24, 2023, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
AC 8192 - more vomit on plane

Some poor guy just ran down the aisle before take off with his hand over his mouth, and spray vomited between his fingers over all of us in rows 12/13.

Mostly liquid for the upside, but not good…
Old Sep 24, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yeg2where
Some poor guy just ran down the aisle before take off with his hand over his mouth, and spray vomited between his fingers over all of us in rows 12/13.

Mostly liquid for the upside, but not good…
Sorry to hear you were in the splash zone. People pay extra for that at Seaworld.

Hope they offloaded the pax and you got to shower in the lounge while AC's biohazard clean up crew was attending to thoae rows.

Delta would have diverted back, replaced all the carpet & recrewed the plane.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: Employee Travel LOL (and Aeroplan).
Hopefully got offloaded as he should've been!
Old Sep 24, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
If it was today, they couldn't have done much of a clean-up as it operated on-time...which is quite concerning.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: TK *G
Looks like an unfortunate and unpleasant experience for all those involved. 😕

How did AC handle this? All I can see is flight departed on time.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

We all got given disinfecting hand wipes by the FA, we wiped ourselves (and my case my iPad) and parts of the plane down before it dripped from the overhead bins. Groomers were called, they milled around, one guy got changed in the washrooms.

SD didn’t even talk to us….
Old Sep 24, 2023, 7:16 pm

We all got given disinfecting hand wipes by the FA, we wiped ourselves (and my case my iPad) and parts of the plane down before it dripped from the overhead bins. Groomers were called, they milled around, one guy got changed in the washrooms.

SD didn’t even talk to us….
Wow! That is both disgusting and un-acceptable. Sounds like another potential PR nightmare for AC...you would think they would have updated the SOP after the Vegas fiasco,
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC.SE
It'll be interesting to see how/if AC responds to this. Past actions suggest that they're not too concerned about the possibility of sickening a whole bunch of passengers due to contact with vomit.
bigev007 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae
It'll be interesting to see how/if AC responds to this. Past actions suggest that they're not too concerned about the possibility of sickening a whole bunch of passengers due to contact with vomit.
I hope the OP contacts every public health agency and media outlet that will take his calls!
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

I’ll contact AC, not particularly interested in calling media etc. Will see what ac say.

I think part of the issue is all the passengers were shocked and as it was liquid, there was less obvious mess as passengers all got up and started sharing wet wipes, and purell almost immediately ; groomers didn’t know where to clean by the time they were on the plane.

At the time I was happy to fly - long day going from a TPAC to a meeting in SK, knowing deplaning and full cleaning might mean cancelling and not actually getting there

Mostly bothered that no one actually came and asked if everyone was ok, and that the passenger who was I’ll was still apparently ok to fly…
Old Sep 24, 2023, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by billdokes
Wow! That is both disgusting and un-acceptable. Sounds like another potential PR nightmare for AC...you would think they would have updated the SOP after the Vegas fiasco,
Sounds like they followed standard AC SOP perfectly. They are just doing everything they can to retain their status as worst airline in the developed world.
billdokes, Speedbird84 and ylwae like this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis P+
Am I the only one that does not understand why people have this urge to get up and run not to the nearest restroom, but down a very tight aisle with 100’s of people and vomit as they are doing so. I do not get what people are “not” thinking. Why “spread” it all over and onto more people. Use the bag provided at the seat or as soon as you start to feel queasy, go to the nearest restroom. Even ask a FA or nearby pax for a plastic bag or something.
flyingcrooked, ffsim and FlyingCow like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mostly bothered that no one actually came and asked if everyone was ok, and that the passenger who was I’ll was still apparently ok to fly…
One time, during boarding, I told a FA I thought I should get off and not fly. She told me to just wait in the galley area.

Then I asked for a barf bag, which she got me. 30 seconds later I used it.

Then she asked me to move into the jet bridge.

Then I was told the captain said I couldn't fly (which was fine, it was my initial request...)

So I'm shocked someone could throw up all over other pax and still be permitted to fly.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
One time, during boarding, I told a FA I thought I should get off and not fly. She told me to just wait in the galley area.

Then I asked for a barf bag, which she got me. 30 seconds later I used it.

Then she asked me to move into the jet bridge.

Then I was told the captain said I couldn't fly (which was fine, it was my initial request...)

So I'm shocked someone could throw up all over other pax and still be permitted to fly.
If I had the mis-fortune, and honestly it often is that as it can certainly be a sudden and involuntary thing, I would NOT want to fly at least not on that flight with those passengers I just barfed on...I do not want to be 'that guy'!

But it's something that happens, fortunately not that often but it does, and AC should have a better SOP to deal with it than just handing out wet wipes.

I did like the comment about the 'groomers' coming on board and kind of standing around looking puzzled as in 'you want us to clean that? do you not realize we don't 'clean' anything, we scoop things out of the seatback pockets, make it look like we were here and move on'...
Speedbird84 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: AC 75k
You are forgetting the all powerful disinfecting spray doohickey they loved showing in pictures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.