Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Miró lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: Espaço Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Further to this, if you have sufficient time between flights and have access to the Virgin Australia lounge at SYD T2 (domestic terminal, whereas T1 is international) then I don't know that I'd bother with this arrivals lounge if you have to pay: it's quite basic.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Further to this, if you have sufficient time between flights and have access to the Virgin Australia lounge at SYD T2 (domestic terminal, whereas T1 is international) then I don't know that I'd bother with this arrivals lounge if you have to pay: it's quite basic.
Unfortunately I will not have access and I have a 4 hour layover
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wings100
Unfortunately I will not have access and I have a 4 hour layover
VA lounges are accessible to Aeroplan 50K and above.

They have a few nice shower rooms in SYD T2.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another enhancement at YYC

Turns out as of October 1st Air Canara cancelled the contract with the Aspire lounge.

Consistent with them passing on the market to WS I suppose.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Making sense. Not a lot of international flights left. Any remaining guest needing lounge access can go to MLL which is not too shabby.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Turns out as of October 1st Air Canara cancelled the contract with the Aspire lounge.
Which one? Or both. Once the international area went away, the D gates one didn't really make sense anyway, since people could just go to the MLL.

As for the TB one, that would be unfortunate, but they're down to literally one TB flight a day (EWR) once all those schedule changes take effect, so I can't say I'm surprised. AC also is/was the only airline that contracted that lounge for status/J pax. None of the US3 did, and WS made you use some of your limited lounge passes to get in.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: TK *G
I suppose a majority of the people holding SE and equivalent status would also have PP which also grants access to the Aspire lounge? If so then this change shouldn't have much impact? If not, then I am wondering if the the lounge may still exist for long.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by songsc
I suppose a majority of the people holding SE and equivalent status would also have PP which also grants access to the Aspire lounge? If so then this change shouldn't have much impact? If not, then I am wondering if the the lounge may still exist for long.
I know many FOTSG SEs who don't have PP. Maybe because they're very loyal to AC and have Aeroplan Reserve cards rather than Platinum cards, for instance.

Regardless, I doubt it will have much of an impact on either lounge, as both of them are pretty full even with AC traffic having declined steadily for the past year or so, with lineups common at the D lounge before evening TATL departures and at the E lounge before the big WS departure banks.
songsc likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 10:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Consistent with them passing on the market to WS I suppose.
Not sure about this or when is this supposed to happen. Used the Aspire lounge when I went YYC-LAX on Oct 16--no issues.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Not sure about this or when is this supposed to happen. Used the Aspire lounge when I went YYC-LAX on Oct 16--no issues.
I meant the international one.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by songsc
"A what?" I said, audibly.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: AC E75K
Aspire lounge in GVA

I don't seem to have access to edit the wiki, but I visited the Aspire “Crystal” contract lounge in GVA before an AC flight yesterday. It was nothing special, but perfectly okay. Access is near gate C53/54 in the new terminal extension that opened Dec 2021, upstairs and across a catwalk. The lounge is definitely small, but pleasant. The wifi worked well, but bathrooms are out a back door and across another catwalk. Overall, pretty average.

Last edited by yulscs; Oct 28, 2023 at 9:23 am
Old Oct 28, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE
I meant the international one.
Transborder lounge told me this morning that you can get in on an AC flight, but not with AC status on a United flight. So another impact to add to the “JV / codeshare is just as good” BS list
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:27 pm

Which lounge at AMS for AC?

For AC809 originating from AMS, reading that there is a *A lounge for Schengen. Star alliance lounge finder says there is a non Schengen lounge. Some forums say that I can visit the *A lounge in Schengen area and allow 20 mins for passport control. Some says that I should just visit PP lounge at non-Schengen area. Wondering which one is recommended. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Does anyone know which lounge is used in SCL?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.