Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Miró lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: Espaço Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:07 pm

I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's temporarily relocated to FRAMES cafe next door. I couldn't post photos coz I'm too new here. Otherwise, I would have posted the photos I took for the lounge. I believe it's near lounge 2. You need to take escalator one level up.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gamania
I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's temporarily relocated to FRAMES cafe next door. I couldn't post photos coz I'm too new here. Otherwise, I would have posted the photos I took for the lounge. I believe it's near lounge 2. You need to take escalator one level up.
I was non-Schengen in the middle of June and had the "pleasure" of experiencing the FRAMES cafe. It is so sub-standard. Jammed around 5pm on a Thursday. Struggled to find two seats together. Food and drink offerings were minimal.
mmike_319 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:57 pm

I'm so with you. My kid did enjoy the glass bottle of the coke. That's all I can say.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:58 pm

mmike_319 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:35 pm

i was last at AMS last september (when there were lines to get in the airport) but clearing the schengen/non-schengen checkpoint took under 5 minutes
mmike_319 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The Frames Cafe is a joke, the waiting list was 10+ people long when I was there a few weeks ago, and by the time our turn came, the flight was boarding... I would just enjoy a meal at a restaurant or some duty free shopping.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by notanothersegment
i was last at AMS last september (when there were lines to get in the airport) but clearing the schengen/non-schengen checkpoint took under 5 minutes
General impression this summer is that Schiphol have managed to staff up better than KMar (the border guards). Not heard of anything near as bad as last year, but 30+ minute queues at passport control at times - both departures and connections filter. Worst I’ve seen is arrivals queues - though I don’t know how long they took as I’m fortunate not to have to wait in them.

So nothing requiring extraordinary measures like last summer’s chaos, but I wouldn’t advise the unfamiliar to cut things close.

On the lounge front it sounds bleak, but then the Aspire lounge was in my experience dreadful.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Had the "pleasure" of visiting the Frames Café in mid-July. There was a line-up, but we were invited to skip it as "airline guests" when they saw our Priority Boarding Passes. Even so, as others suggest it was pretty sad and not worth the bother of finding it. I would give it a miss in favour of many of the other restaurants/seating areas/shopping opportunities at AMS.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: up to this post, this thread is an amalgamation of several previous threads on contract lounge access and posts moved from old threads on contract lounge access, so may appear somewhat disjointed at times.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
kalderlake likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Should we be counting the new Aspire lounge at Billy Bishop as a contract lounge?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by warrens
Should we be counting the new Aspire lounge at Billy Bishop as a contract lounge?
Since it has the AC name, desk, and access rules consistent with AC Cafes, think it would just fit into the cafe category
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: TK *G
I asked the agent. It's an AC Cafe as well as an Aspire Lounge co-located together. There is usually a staff in AC uniform at the front desk.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by songsc
I asked the agent. It's an AC Cafe as well as an Aspire Lounge co-located together. There is usually a staff in AC uniform at the front desk.
Okay. Makes sense... wasn't quite clear to me as to what the nature of the deal was and it didn't occur to me to ask the desk people until I was boarding my flight. Nice place for sure, especially after fighting tooth and nail to get through rush-hour TTC traffic to get to the airport.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Arrival Lounge in Sydney

Hoping someone has done this recently. I will be arriving in Sydney and then travelling on to a domestic destination in Australia on Virgin. In AC Business Class YYZ-Sydney, Economy for the onward domestic portion. Is there an Arrivals Lounge I can use at Sydney Airport?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Wings100
Hoping someone has done this recently. I will be arriving in Sydney and then travelling on to a domestic destination in Australia on Virgin. In AC Business Class YYZ-Sydney, Economy for the onward domestic portion. Is there an Arrivals Lounge I can use at Sydney Airport?
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...s-terminal-one

This is extra payment though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.