Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Miró lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: Espaço Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
I flew out a few weeks ago (well I guess two), in J, and I could use fasttrack security (although no one told me about it), but I couldn't find a lounge I could use with my *G or J ticket. Wasn't a huge deal as I explored a bit having not been there before. Definitely no specific *A lounge though.
Did you specifically try at the Aspire lounges and get turned away?
Old Jun 22, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Originally Posted by diddy
Air Canada / Star Alliance has used the Aspire Lounge in the past. It is located in the Main Terminal Departure Area between gates 3 and 4.
Update: I will confirm that Air Canada eligible passengers can use the Aspire Lounges. This is not reflected on the AC or Star Alliance websites, perhaps because AC has been operating this flight seasonally.
The AC gates used (usually Gate 19) are closer to the Aspire Lounge at Gate 16.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Bumping this very old thread to see iif any changes and if AC has a lounge or contract lounge at MEX airport. I know there is a United Lounge but it closes early so not much use for our midnight flight back to YYZ.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by mapleg
Bumping this very old thread to see iif any changes and if AC has a lounge or contract lounge at MEX airport. I know there is a United Lounge but it closes early so not much use for our midnight flight back to YYZ.

Thanks in advance
No contract lounge. I was there last year when UA Club was still closed and AC didn't give out any lounge access. Had to use Amex lounge on my own.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Still the United Club. Still closes at 16:30.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Dublin Airport T1 Lounge

*A lists this as the contract lounge for AC in Dub. It is also complementary for all Business class passengers, so I was not able to confirm whether an AC *AG can get access to it with a Y ticket.

It is immediately RIGHT and back once you passed the T1 security. If you turn left as suggested above, you may be led by the lounge sign all the way to a long walk to T2. It is very confusing to say the least.

Very mediocre food selections for the breakfast buffet, but probably a little bit better than the YYZ Dom MLL. AC Cafe is much better.

It does serve alcohol and craft coffee at 9am.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MB Gold, ALL Gold, Hilton Gold
Lounge is not that special but I recall the coffee being pretty good last year. Not sure if it was still a Covid left-over but they had a barista manning the coffee machine
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by kuba_kuba
Lounge is not that special but I recall the coffee being pretty good last year. Not sure if it was still a Covid left-over but they had a barista manning the coffee machine
Yeah, there is a barista making fancy coffee. I planned to immediately sleep on board so I did not drink any coffee but a glass of Scotch instead.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I was not able to confirm whether an AC *AG can get access to it with a Y ticket.
AC *G does have access with a Y ticket. Last time I went, there was a barrier across the elevator/stairs saying lounge full, but passengers on a list of airline partners (AC included) in J can still enter (I didn't read the whole thing so can't confirm about *G with Y/PY) - the lounge itself was about half full at the time.

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
It is immediately RIGHT and back once you passed the T1 security. If you turn left as suggested above, you may be led by the lounge sign all the way to a long walk to T2. It is very confusing to say the least.

Very mediocre food selections for the breakfast buffet, but probably a little bit better than the YYZ Dom MLL. AC Cafe is much better.
Coming through fasttrack security, the lounge entrance is to the left. Pastries are on par with AC Cafe, I think, and they have scones.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Hi all. Can anyone confirm if the YYC Trans-border Aspire Lounge allows access for a traveller on an SE Status Pass?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Hi all. Can anyone confirm if the YYC Trans-border Aspire Lounge allows access for a traveller on an SE Status Pass?
If you are talking about the MLL one time guest pass, that’s only valid at DOM and TB MLLs. Aspire is a contract lounge
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by yoonland
If you are talking about the MLL one time guest pass, that’s only valid at DOM and TB MLLs. Aspire is a contract lounge
No, I'm asking about the Status Pass where you can gift your status to up to 9 travellers on a single AC itinerary.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
No, I'm asking about the Status Pass where you can gift your status to up to 9 travellers on a single AC itinerary.
Only AC operated MLLs and cafes can be accessed with STPAs. Aspire is a contract lounge
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC E50K
AMS Lounge Access

Starting a thread for this as don't think it fits under the theme of MLL Access. Feel free to move as appropriate.

Flying AMS-YYZ tomorrow in J and looking for some clarity on lounge access. It appears the Star Alliance lounge is in the Schengen area. I assume this is infeasible/not permitted given our flight will depart from non-Schengen area. It appears there is an Aspire contract lounge in non-Schengen, but I am reading conflicting reports about whether it is open during renovations. Some sources say it is open for business class passengers only, while others indicate a closure. Anyone have recent experience accessing this or another lounge at AMS? Don't have a super long connection and not overly familiar with AMS. Would be great to have a destination known in advance. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:55 pm

I was there in March as an EK passenger.
The lounge isn't that great and definitely needed renovations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.