Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Mirů lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: EspaÁo Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by entropy
Wish AC still had a deal with DL for C pax to use their lounge in FLL.
DL is limiting access to its own Customers. Unlikely they would take on the base of another non-member/alliance airline.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:02 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by blue2002
Wish *A moved under one roof!
UA - T1
AC - T2
AV & CM - T4
Four *A carriers spread over three terminals. Sigh...
FLL is not a hub for any of these airlines so there's little synergy. However, I do wish AC and WS can swap terminals, so WS passengers can access Sky Club and AC passengers can use the United Club.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by m.y
FLL is not a hub for any of these airlines so there's little synergy. However, I do wish AC and WS can swap terminals, so WS passengers can access Sky Club and AC passengers can use the United Club.
AC wouldn't want the cost of paying UA for club use. WS wouldn't want the cost of paying DL for club use. DL and UA wouldn't want bigger crowds in their clubs. The trouble is that only us passengers would want this.
Old May 15, 2023, 6:21 pm

Lounge available in terminal 3 for business/status passengers. No issue with guest on a different PNR. Prima Vista.
Old May 16, 2023, 3:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Lounge available in terminal 3 for business/status passengers. No issue with guest on a different PNR. Prima Vista.

My issues with this lounge is that it's quite small and not very well air conditioned. I may check on it again in about 5 days, but it's pretty underwhelming.
Old May 16, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
...not very well air conditioned.
That's because of the International Council of Nonne Declaration that air conditioning is a leading cause of illness and death.
Old May 26, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Iím flying out of FCO shortly and they are using the Plaza Premium lounge, a different lounge than last time I flew out of here about 18 months ago. This lounge is fairly large, but food isnít made to order like the last one I was in here. They have a segregated area for AC SuperElites to sit, which is nice as the lounge is fairly crowded. This lounge also has fairly lousy air conditioning.
Old May 27, 2023, 4:56 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ac/elite
This lounge also has fairly lousy air conditioning.
Seems to be a perpetual trend in the contract lounges AC uses in FCO.

If I had tons of time, I'd be tempted to hike over to the Star Alliance lounge but I'm not sure what that would involve.

Their AC works, it's quiet and food is acceptable.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:12 am

SonofITAG and DaughterInLawofITAG are flying EDI-YYZ in J, on Aeroplan.

Can they use the Aspire lounge, or other?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by jasdou
I flew out of EDI two weeks ago and used the Aspire lounge. Itís nice enough for a contract lounge but fairly basic in terms of food and drinks. Thereís also a PP lounge next door which I didnít try.
Can you please confirm how you accessed that lounge?

I regularly fly YYZ-EDI and use that lounge but access it with my Amex. It is not listed as a contract lounge for AC on the Star Alliance website (which says it is a contract lounge for UA, Turkish, Aegean and Brussels Airlines). I don't think the EDI-YYZ flights were running 2 weeks ago, so I wonder if you were flying UA metal (flight to Newark or Chicago) on 014 ticket stock. In any event, would be grateful if you could clarify how you accessed it and whether you know it to be under contract now with AC. Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Can you please confirm how you accessed that lounge?

I regularly fly YYZ-EDI and use that lounge but access it with my Amex. It is not listed as a contract lounge for AC on the Star Alliance website (which says it is a contract lounge for UA, Turkish, Aegean and Brussels Airlines). I don't think the EDI-YYZ flights were running 2 weeks ago, so I wonder if you were flying UA metal (flight to Newark or Chicago) on 014 ticket stock. In any event, would be grateful if you could clarify how you accessed it and whether you know it to be under contract now with AC. Thanks.
It's a pretty basic airport with explosive growth, however the concessions in the departures area are quite decent. How can you go wrong with Pret a Manger? Flight loads and revenues have obviously exceeded expectations, and with the exception of a very brief disconnect period in January, these flights are planned for year round. Catering on this route is extremely good.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
It's a pretty basic airport with explosive growth, however the concessions in the departures area are quite decent. How can you go wrong with Pret a Manger? Flight loads and revenues have obviously exceeded expectations, and with the exception of a very brief disconnect period in January, these flights are planned for year round. Catering on this route is extremely good.
Yes, Pret is great, it's people I can't stand. The Aspire lounge whenever I've gone has been quiet, both in terms of people and sound.

EDI annual airport movements have been relatively stable for 20 years (ignoring covid), but annual passenger volume really jumped (again, until covid). That said, I find it an easy airport to use as it is compact and seems well-managed.

Those YYZ-EDI flights stop Jan 7 and resume March 1, which yes is very good.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Aspire confirmed at EDI

Used the Aspire at Gate 4 when on J EDI/YYZ last Oct. As others have mentioned there is now a newer Aspire near Gate 16. (slightly hidden) I used the Gate 16 version on J with LH in Mar. I assume either Aspire is open to those travelling J with AC? - Ask the handling check-in desk agent, however they are not always that proactive in advising PAX of facilities available. After asking, they did state 'fast-track' security was available to use back in Oct last.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by edinv
Used the Aspire at Gate 4 when on J EDI/YYZ last Oct. As others have mentioned there is now a newer Aspire near Gate 16. (slightly hidden) I used the Gate 16 version on J with LH in Mar. I assume either Aspire is open to those travelling J with AC? - Ask the handling check-in desk agent, however they are not always that proactive in advising PAX of facilities available. After asking, they did state 'fast-track' security was available to use back in Oct last.
thanks. Will try to clarify when I next go through, which will be right before I have to renew the Amex Plat that currently gives me access. The Star Alliance website 'lounge finder' should be saying it is an AC and LH contract lounge if it is (but it sounds like it must be from what you said).
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: AC*SE
I flew out a few weeks ago (well I guess two), in J, and I could use fasttrack security (although no one told me about it), but I couldn't find a lounge I could use with my *G or J ticket. Wasn't a huge deal as I explored a bit having not been there before. Definitely no specific *A lounge though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.