Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Miró lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: Espaço Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:38 pm

Any updates for 2022 on lounge access at FCO? What lounge is available for business class passengers these days?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2023 at 6:07 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: AE 75K, Bonvoy Gold, BW Plat, AX AE Reserve, NEXUS, AX Business Plat
Question Lounge in FLL?

Can anyone clarify if there is a Star Alliance lounge available at FLL accessible from the AC departure gates, which looks to be in terminal 2?

I see there is an Amex lounge, but only appears accessible from terminals 3 and 4.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
It is in a different terminal - you can access the UA lounge but then you need to exit, take a quick one minute walk to the AC terminal and go through security again there. Not ideal, but if you have a lot of time to kill before your flight it can be worth it.

The UA lounge is fairly small but it's fine.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:14 pm

Thank you- I think we are going to have many hours to wait at the airport. Anyone know if we could clear security in terminal 3 or 4 to use the Amex lounge if our BP's are for AC?
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by The Lev
It is in a different terminal - you can access the UA lounge but then you need to exit, take a quick one minute walk to the AC terminal and go through security again there. Not ideal, but if you have a lot of time to kill before your flight it can be worth it.

The UA lounge is fairly small but it's fine.
Have you actually tried that personally? Online they mention that " Important: The lounge is only accessible to passengers departing from or arriving in Terminal 1, Concourse Gates C1 – C9. "

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/l...d-club-fll.htm
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by mfreeman
I see there is an Amex lounge, but only appears accessible from terminals 3 and 4.
A minor caution: The Amex lounge in T3 is not a true Centurion Lounge, but rather an Escape Lounge, "The Centurion Studio Partner Lounge"... Somewhat subpar in my view, fairly busy in the evening, with rather minimal food selection and seemingly permanent lineups to the lavs. Still, for any longer wait it beats the boarding area. The walk from T3 to AC gates in T2 is about the same, or perhaps even shorter than the walk from T1/United.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:33 pm

Thank you- I think we are going to have many hours to wait at the airport. Anyone know if we could clear security in terminal 3 or 4 to use the Amex lounge if our BP's are for AC?
Yes, you can (based on my experience accessing T3 in December and Jan). TSA apparently doesn't care whether your flight operates from the given terminal. As long as you are flying that day, as I understand. At least in the TSA PreCheck line they don't even look at your boarding pass, only scan your ID (which either means they electronically match it to the list of passengers for that day... or they don't).
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:53 pm

Fantastic. Thanks for the info! We are going to have a number of hours to kill from when we disembark our cruise until our flight. Sounds like the Escape lounge will fit the bill.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
Have you actually tried that personally? Online they mention that " Important: The lounge is only accessible to passengers departing from or arriving in Terminal 1, Concourse Gates C1 – C9. "

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/l...d-club-fll.htm
Yes. I did it last fall. I just showed my boarding pass and told them at security that I was going to the lounge. Not sure if having TSA Pre (NEXUS) helped my cause.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:17 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by The Lev
Yes. I did it last fall. I just showed my boarding pass and told them at security that I was going to the lounge. Not sure if having TSA Pre (NEXUS) helped my cause.
Something must have changed after you flew. Now TSE at FLL PreCheck doesn't even check the BP; they just asked me to insert my Nexus card to a reader device.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Fantastic. Thanks for the info! We are going to have a number of hours to kill from when we disembark our cruise until our flight. Sounds like the Escape lounge will fit the bill.
One warning about FLL, if you are checking bags, they can't be checked in any more than 4 hours before the flight (this is an FLL rule, not an airline rule). If you have a lot of time between your cruise and your flight, consider a post cruise excursion or a day pass at a hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:04 pm

Thanks for that. We've rented a car for the day and will keep that in mind.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Wish AC still had a deal with DL for C pax to use their lounge in FLL.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
Wish *A moved under one roof!
UA - T1
AC - T2
AV & CM - T4
Four *A carriers spread over three terminals. Sigh...
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by entropy
Delta's barely letting *Delta* passengers use their lounges anymore...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.