Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stranger
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge

(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Mirů lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge or Plaza Premium lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: EspaÁo Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by high.and.above
I was yesterday in SCL and fly J SCL-YYZ on Air Canada and Sadly the lounge was Pacific Club. The lounge was so busy and so uncomfortable that after 5 minutes we decided to go to McDonald's and buy lunch and a beverage. Is such a pity that Air Canada does not have a contract with Latam to use their lounge at SCL
Did you see the LATAM lounge at SCL? Was it open? heard it was massive and really nice. Definitely sad that AC didn't have access, maybe sometime in the future
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Did you see the LATAM lounge at SCL? Was it open? heard it was massive and really nice. Definitely sad that AC didn't have access, maybe sometime in the future
Since I did not have access I did not went to see it. I heard good things about Latam lounge and I was really hoping that Air Canada would have a deal to get their J passengers. I was surprised that the loads in business were not that gear either, about half full. I believe that the route is pretty expensive for AC. On a small talk with the Purser, he told me that they are staying 4 days in SCL, longest layover AC crew has is at SCL
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by high.and.above
Since I did not have access I did not went to see it. I heard good things about Latam lounge and I was really hoping that Air Canada would have a deal to get their J passengers. I was surprised that the loads in business were not that gear either, about half full. I believe that the route is pretty expensive for AC. On a small talk with the Purser, he told me that they are staying 4 days in SCL, longest layover AC crew has is at SCL
the 4 days seems really nice for them
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:17 pm

Mont Blanc lounge in Lyon is very nice.
Am E50 and flying business so not sure what gets you in. Folks at the bottom of escalator waved us through with "Air Canada"

Amazing crowd of people at the gate when we left the calm, quiet lounge
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Mont Blanc lounge in Lyon is very nice.
Am E50 and flying business so not sure what gets you in. Folks at the bottom of escalator waved us through with "Air Canada"
Either should give access to Mont Blanc. When connecting from AC to a Schengen flight, you are limited to the downstairs (Confluence) lounge, which is very basic, but with a nice water vapor fireplace and a good espresso machine. The Confluence lounge is accessible to anyone with *G.

Last edited by mileender; Sep 29, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Was in Lyon for a conference earlier this year. Several of us departed the same morning on AC on Saturday April 9th to return to YUL/YOW. I am not certain on the lounge name, but Mont Blanc does ring a bell. Lounge offerings were very, very sparse. In the land of croissants, the lounge version were pre-packaged nd not fresh-baked.
--
13F
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:19 pm

Was nice this week, with reasonable food, coffee, wine offerings . Also quiet, uncrowded.
Way better than the gate just outside.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Is there a lounge at Edinburgh Airport

I'm considering EDI-YYZ in Business next year, can anyone advise if AC have a lounge arrangement at EDI?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Air Canada / Star Alliance has used the Aspire Lounge in the past. It is located in the Main Terminal Departure Area between gates 3 and 4.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE
I flew out of EDI two weeks ago and used the Aspire lounge. Itís nice enough for a contract lounge but fairly basic in terms of food and drinks. Thereís also a PP lounge next door which I didnít try.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Thanks folks
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
The original Aspire Lounge round from the BA Lounge at Gate 4 looks as is if may have reopened again according to the EDI airport website. The only views it has are if the car park, so unless you are leaving from that end of the terminal, you would have a better view ie of the runway at the Aspire or Plaza Premium at gate 16
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
NAS lounge for AC*G in Y? Flying NAS-YYZ

Searched but could only find this old thread: Lounges for AC SE/E or Business Class Passengers in Nassau, Bahamas

Asking for an AC E50 friend flying in Y NAS-YYZ on AC941... any lounges they can use at NAS?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I remember a Priority Pass lounge in NAS, with decent food. Nothing with access through a *G card though.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...m-club-at-lpia
​​
​​​
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
I remember a Priority Pass lounge in NAS, with decent food. Nothing with access through a *G card though.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...m-club-at-lpia
​​
​​​
Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.