Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

Introducing AC Wallet

Old Nov 22, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by loriwilkinson
Dear lord they make it complicated ! Any help would be great. Nothing under profile 🤦‍♀️
Me too! I can't seem to find it.

I just cancelled a flight and credited my wallet but have looked high and low to try and find where to access my wallet to check the balance, expiry date etc. but can find no trace of it on the AC or AP site ... what am I missing? This is the first time I have used it ... does it take a few days for it to 'appear' on the site / mobile app?

Thanks -
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:26 am

On the website it should be on the profile pull-down, under the Aeroplan points panel.

On the app, go to "Aeroplan" and slide the top "Aeroplan points and status" panel to the left and it should be there.

Can't recall if there was delay after I first used it or not.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: AC *SE, UN *1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ive tried both and cannot find the wallet anywhere 🤦‍♀️
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by kalderlake
On the website it should be on the profile pull-down, under the Aeroplan points panel.

On the app, go to "Aeroplan" and slide the top "Aeroplan points and status" panel to the left and it should be there.

Can't recall if there was delay after I first used it or not.
This works for me, also.

IIRC, the addition to the wallet email arrived within minutes of cancellation, and the wallet appeared as indicated.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Neither works for me. Does that just mean I don't have an AC Wallet?
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: AC *SE, UN *1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a credit and have no wallet ? So complicated. On Uniteds site its a few clicks and very visible !
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:42 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by loriwilkinson
I have a credit and have no wallet ? So complicated. On Uniteds site its a few clicks and very visible !
What kind of credit do you have? Did you cancel a flight for a travel voucher? Or cancel a flight and leave the credit attached to the ticket? Or you got an eCoupon as compensation for something? The only things that show up in the wallet are things that were cancelled to the wallet, which is relatively recent, and doesn't pick up any older forms of credit.
​​​​​​
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:55 am

In the AC Wallet document linked in the Wiki, one of the items under "Not eligible" is "Partially used tickets and eMDs". But then the 2nd Benefit says "AC Wallet keeps and displays all tickets/eMDs values...".

So can I add an EMD or not add one? Would there be any benefit to it? Perhaps not having to call in to use it, for example?

I've had Travel vouchers before, but they did not have EMD on them. They also came with a PIN, that this doesn't have. This is from a VDB this summer.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...options.html#/ says that one needs to call in, and that it can be used multiple times, but doesn't mention the wallet.

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you didn't explicitly cancel something to your wallet, then it's not in your wallet.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you didn't explicitly cancel something to your wallet, then it's not in your wallet.
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
For those going crazy trying to find the Wallet ... it does not appear on the website or the app if you have never used it before and it takes a day or so after your first credit for it to show up in the app and on the website. It was located as kalderlake outlines above.

(I can't comment if the same is true if you have used it before and your balance is zero).
Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:35 am
Original Poster

I'm pretty sure mine showed up immediately after I first credited a cancellation to it.
Melville likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Comfort fare not refunding to wallet

I have a transborder comfort fare and when I cancel it only offers a cash refund OR "future flight credit". I can't get it to offer me the AC wallet. I don't want the cash refund as that could lead to a $40 chase card discount being taken back.

Can agents force a refund to the wallet instead of card or credit? Future credit seems to have punitive rules including no residual balance if you rebook a cheaper fare.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psiachp
I have a transborder comfort fare and when I cancel it only offers a cash refund OR "future flight credit". I can't get it to offer me the AC wallet. I don't want the cash refund as that could lead to a $40 chase card discount being taken back.

Can agents force a refund to the wallet instead of card or credit? Future credit seems to have punitive rules including no residual balance if you rebook a cheaper fare.
No, you can't put fares with free refunds into the wallet.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Can someone confirm my understanding of the AC Wallet vs. a future travel credit please?

I have two one-way trips that I'm about to cancel. Four passengers.

For the first one-way flight, these are my options:
future travel credit: 1754.24 (approx 438 pp)
AC wallet: 1334.24 (approx 333 pp)

For the second one-way flight, these are my options:
Future travel credit: 2290.44 (approx 575 pp)
AC wallet: 1742.44 (approx 435 pp)

As it was explained to me just now by an AC agent:
  • future travel credit will be subject to change fee when I go to use it for a new booking. Assuming all four of us are flying on this future reservation, that will be $800 in change fees (2 separate flights, 4 passengers. $100 per passenger per flight). And each future travel credit is non-transferable and can only be used for the named passenger (since it's still the same booking code)
  • AC wallet already has the change fees deducted. AC wallet, even though applied to each passenger (so in this case, each passenger will have approx 768 in their wallet), that amount IS transferable to a different passenger.
In my case, the total future travel credit is $4,044. The total for AC wallet is $3,076. About a $1000 difference. Subtract the $800 in change fees (since they're two one-way tickets -- $100 per person per flight), and we're still looking at about a $200 difference between the two. So if my understanding is correct, I'm paying about $200 for the flexibility of being able to use the AC wallet funds for any passenger. Am I right?

Last edited by ajcopley; Dec 18, 2023 at 12:35 pm Reason: formatting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.