Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Aeroplan Partner: Journie Rewards

Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mark-...member_desktop

Any thoughts on what this might be?
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Gas station
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Earn 1 Aeroplan for every $ spend at an electric charging station
tecate55 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:58 pm

Planes are now equipped with lightning rods?
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Oh I would love to see a Gas station like Petro Canada, a coast to coast to coast business because their current program is naaa & possibly a grocery store, but if so i cant think of a national chain that is not already affiliated.

Possibly a hook up with a hotel chain relationship

Dynamic pricing is no longer
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Definitely sounds like a partnership with a gas station and a car charging service.

id prefer they just announce that the estore will actually start to work properlybut will take what I can get.

if I had to guess on the gas station side, Id probably go with Shell, given the air miles collapse.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Its fairly obvious. Aeroplan customers getting downgraded from their eUP to J will now get an electric shock informing them of such.
ffsim, gcashin, Adam Smith and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
New Aeroplan pilot program designed for shock and awe?
Maybe a gray haired AC mechanic named Doc thought "if only we could harness that power we could get 1.21 gigawatts with every bolt".....

​​​​​​Lightning strikes might be able to power the engines, in flight entertainment, AED, and more. Passenger devices hooked to outlets will be instantly recharged well above 100% for that device's brief remaining service life". Meals will be cooked faster, even on flights without an oven onboard, and frozen fruit will be a distant memory.

​​​​​​To best utilize this green power source, we have begun installing metal harnesses to attract lightning, located where the non-functional B737 MAX in wifi antennas were installed.v Meteorologists are expensive, and since we won't need their help routing around storms, we will pass the savings on to executive shareholders.

The 737 MAX was chosen first as it is Boeing's most discussed airplane. After the first delivery nearly 5 years ago all but two MAX aircraft are still in service existence. For nearly 2 of those years, the global fleet of 737 MAX consumed nearly 0 gallons of fuel in commercial service.

Plus, due to grandfathered standards in place since the 1970s, there are fewer expensive sensors to get fried by stray lightning, and no expensive TCAS system.
​​​​​

Last edited by expert7700; Apr 18, 2023 at 12:58 am
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
If it's a gas station, Petro Canada is the only option.. my guess is a method to link your Petro Canada Rewards to Aeroplan.. kinda like the Starbucks setup.

Ron.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:37 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
It's going to be some useless addition to the programme.

Remember how Aeroplan trumpeted the amazing and incredible addition..of Mexican regional airline Aeromar to the programme? Aeromar went out of business eight months later. Forgive me for being cynical about amazing developments at Aeroplan.

This "electrifying" addition is going to be another useless partner that provides benefit to maybe five people.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:24 am

Journie Rewards is the new partner: Aeroplan and Parkland Join Together to Launch New Loyalty Partnership

yyzgigi and CorSter like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 18, 2023 at 9:07 am Reason: Add content
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by newfbc
If it's a gas station, Petro Canada is the only option.. my guess is a method to link your Petro Canada Rewards to Aeroplan.. kinda like the Starbucks setup.

Ron.

Hmm.. I guess not. Chevron and Ultramar.. not the most popular stations at least in the West.

"Our strategic partnership with Aeroplan unites two great Canadian loyalty programs and propels Parkland's loyalty and organic growth strategies," said Parkland Canada President, Ian White.
I don't really hear a lot of buzz about Journie rewards..

Ron.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by newfbc
Hmm.. I guess not. Chevron and Ultramar.. not the most popular stations at least in the West.

"Our strategic partnership with Aeroplan unites two great Canadian loyalty programs and propels Parkland's loyalty and organic growth strategies," said Parkland Canada President, Ian White.
I don't really hear a lot of buzz about Journie rewards..
I signed up for Journie to gas up at Ultramar once or twice. After initial bonuses, you need to spend something like 300L of gas to hit a reward tier. I stopped bothering at that point. Not nearly as valuable as other gas reward options. Won't know if the AP announcement changes anything until they release details.
billdokes likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:02 am

I already fill up at Pioneer and Ultramar fairly frequently (using the 3 cents off per litre on the CIBC Aeroplan Visa) so I'll gladly take whatever Aeroplan miles they end up offering.

Journie itself is fairly meh as far as reward programs go, but can't ask for much when they also have the cheapest gas prices in the area.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:06 am

An affiliation with a Gas station would be great for sure.
ccow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.