Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Airbus A220-300 (223) interior information (seats, overhead bins, etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan

AC's racoon livery really ruins this aircraft's beautiful design lines.
Do we know the seating configuration?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
AC's racoon livery really ruins this aircraft's beautiful design lines.
Do we know the seating configuration?
Yes, on the AC fleet page: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/fleet.html
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Gahkkkk.... 30" seat pitch! I knew we could leave it to AC to screw up a passenger-conscious interior! Welcome to Rouge lite. At least they couldn't mess up the 19" seat width. Just tilt your body sideways, I guess.

And why on earth are the preferred seat rows in the middle of the plane? The emergency exit I can understand, but how about the other two? Nothing says "premium" like having to wait behind half the passengers in order to disembark...
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Gahkkkk.... 30" seat pitch! I knew we could leave it to AC to screw up a passenger-conscious interior! Welcome to Rouge lite. At least they couldn't mess up the 19" seat width. Just tilt your body sideways, I guess.

And why on earth are the preferred seat rows in the middle of the plane? The emergency exit I can understand, but how about the other two? Nothing says "premium" like having to wait behind half the passengers in order to disembark...
Trust me, 30" on a plane like the A220 is objectively great. LH group goes as low as 28 in some rows, for planes used on 4 hour flights. With rock-hard slimlines with no IFE.
I agree that the preferred seat placement is odd. Hopefully that gets changed, but I'd imagine that's pretty low on AC's priority list.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Trust me, 30" on a plane like the A220 is objectively great. LH group goes as low as 28 in some rows, for planes used on 4 hour flights. With rock-hard slimlines with no IFE.
No, 30" seat pitch on any airplane is not "great" by any metric. While other airlines may offer more excruciating configurations, sitting for the length of time the A220 folks claim the plane will fly with that kind of room is not objectively anything but uncomfortable. It'll be nice to see the plane enter service and looking forward to some new route announcements, but the only real 'game changer' benefits will be realized by those operating the type, not those sitting in it.

Agree it's a fine-looking airplane, and the bandit mask enhances its appearance.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Presumably due to position of the exit row - they already reduced J seat pitch to 37", so no way to squeeze the longer pitch Y seats ahead of the exit.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Well I was excited for this Canadian made plane. Seems as we can create great aviation marvels (Avro Arrow) and now this aircraft and we mess it up! the original configuration had the middle seat wider than the window & aisle. The bathroom room was roomy and you could stand up and even have two in there. As a share holder and Canadian I was proud of the C series. That is when I bought Bombardier stock at $5 and don't get me started on Nortel, lol
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
There is a point after which the wishes and designs of the manufacturers take back-seat to the customers' own intentions. In order to gain the most revenue from their assets, the airlines have to make sacrifices in terms of seat pitch, width and placement. It has next to nothing to do with the competence of the people making the plane itself. BBD didn't mess up (except perhaps in their ability to retain their aviation division and to make reliable trains, but I digress).

I think the C-ser...er, A220 will be great for AC and for us in terms of new route options. But I long ago abandoned the thought of cheap comfortable safe flying. Pick any two.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
Nice one jaysona. Thanx for doing this. I'm looking forward to trying her out.
So am I. OTOH, I am wondering, with a 2-2 J cabin vs, a 2-3 Y one, how narrow the J seats might be? Reminds me of the good old DC-9s which AC kept flying forever.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
So am I. OTOH, I am wondering, with a 2-2 J cabin vs, a 2-3 Y one, how narrow the J seats might be? Reminds me of the good old DC-9s which AC kept flying forever.
According to the specs on the fleet page 21in, like the Max and other narrowbodies
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
According to the specs on the fleet page 21in, like the Max and other narrowbodies
Think about how wide the centre console is between A and C or D and F on a 320/737. Cut that by several inches. That's where they achieved most of the space savings to fit the same 4-across seats in a narrower fuselage. The seats are about 1 cm narrower than the 7M8 and 1.5 cm narrower than the 320 family, even though AC rounds them all to 21". I've flown J on DL's 221s, which have the same 20.5" seat width as AC's. I'm a big guy, so I notice it a bit, but many people probably wouldn't.

Not sure what AC's DC9 seats were like, but DL's 717 J seats are 50 cm / 19.6" wide, so if AC's were similar, the 220 will be a bit of an upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:39 pm

There was nothing wrong with the as-delivered A320 2-3 J seat configuration (before they went to 2-2 to 'compete' with CP's 2-2 product, basically the only thing they could offer in the 737 due to its narrower cross-section). I suspect the 2-2 J will be just fine.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan AA
Looks like a really nice aircraft. Does anyone know what the seat pitch is in Y?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by J. Leslie
Looks like a really nice aircraft. Does anyone know what the seat pitch is in Y?
@J. Leslie

AC Fleet Page https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/fleet.html
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan AA
Thanks 24Left! That’s almost rouge-ish. I’ll pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.