Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Priority Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by asovse1
I second using Skype to call a north American toll free number for no charge, it's the only reliable way I can get AC Priority on the phone nowadays when abroad. If you have reliable internet where you are, of course
Yup, this is what I do too. Set your caller ID in Skype to your Canadian phone number and call the Canadian line. Setting caller ID works for those systems that automatically recognize the number linked to your loyalty profile.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Download the free Fongo app from the Canadian app store. It assigns you a random Canadian phone number and lets you call regular Canadian numbers (416, 514 etc.) for free via WiFi / data.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JordanK
I did some Googling and learned that this is called a "Universal International Freephone Number" (UIFN), and the "country code" is actually "800". So, it's supposed to be dialed as "+800-XXXX-XXXX".

That's what I tried the very first time, but it won't connect, won't give an error message or anything else. No idea why.

Also, confirmed, it is SE only.
Correct about SE only. I rechecked on my wife's 50k account. For 50k, you get the 00-800-xxx-xxxx only for the UK. Montreal number from elsewhere.

Did not work because "Caribbean" is not "international" or "rest of the word" or whatever. NA number should work.

But thanks for the UIFN confirmation. So from places in most of Europe it is 00-800-xxxx-xxxx.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by JordanK
I did some Googling and learned that this is called a "Universal International Freephone Number" (UIFN), and the "country code" is actually "800". So, it's supposed to be dialed as "+800-XXXX-XXXX".

That's what I tried the very first time, but it won't connect, won't give an error message or anything else. No idea why.

Also, confirmed, it is SE only.
I have used the +800-xxxx-xxxx number successfully from Australia many times — always from a landline, spelling out the "+" as 0011, the Australian international prefix. It's always possible that any country, or any mobile service, could block such numbers.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
I have used the +800-xxxx-xxxx number successfully from Australia many times — always from a landline, spelling out the "+" as 0011, the Australian international prefix. It's always possible that any country, or any mobile service, could block such numbers.
More likely mobile service. OTOH if using roaming on a Canadian wireless, at lest Rogers, the regular NA toll free number seems to work.

Otherwise, the list of countries where this works is rather impressive. Virtually all of Europe, including Belarus and Russia. Most of South America except Chile. Most of Asia but not India. None of the North or Central American countries, which share regular NA 1-800 numbers.

https://www.globalcallforwarding.com...uifn-countries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.