FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   2022 YYZ Do (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2101391-2022-yyz-do.html)

canopus27 Nov 18, 2022 7:38 pm

2022 YYZ Do

Is there any interest in getting together for a YYZ pre-Christmas do?

Here's a doodle to help us find dates:

Edit: Here's the new poll: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e0YyK65a
Edit2: The data is now confirmed - Thursday Dec 22

canopus27 Nov 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Despite the dearth of replies here on FT :) the doodle seems to indicate that there is some interest in this - we're up to seven replies so far. The leading dates were Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, Dec 21/22/23 ... but whoops, I just messed the Doodle up.

The initial Doodle had a default time zone of Afghanistan for some reason ... and although it's not really a big deal, I just changed the meeting time zone to Toronto - and that seems to have reset everyone's entries. Sigh. Sorry y'all ... if you had previously entered a response, please return to the doodle and update it again.

In terms of location for the do ... in previous years the preference has been for a downtown bar, so that's my assumption for now. I can take the lead on making a reservation for somewhere once we have a date nailed down ... but if anyone has any preferences for a specific location then please suggest it below.

vancouver25k Nov 19, 2022 1:32 pm

Sun Dec 11 no longer an option?

YOWgary Nov 19, 2022 1:38 pm

I could do the 11th or MAYBE the 12th, but that's it.

canopus27 Nov 19, 2022 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k (Post 34770836)
Sun Dec 11 no longer an option?

Ugh. I didn't mean to delete any dates .. and I'm worried that if I change it again it will reset all of the responses again ... but let me try.

Obviously I'm not Doodle certified :)

| Edit: And ... yeah ... crap. Making a change reset everyone's entries again. Damn. Sorry.

OK, so I'm done editing it now, and it got even more messed up. I think the time zone change really confused it - it kept deleting days as I made changes, so I'm creating a new poll entirely.

painintheuk Nov 19, 2022 2:09 pm

Good idea! Just replied to the poll.

Not sure that the 1st went through since my name isn't there, but Dec 22/23 work for me.

canadiancow Nov 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Okay, replied again :p

My "maybe" on the 21st is because I'm scheduled to arrive at 1917.

songsc Nov 19, 2022 7:30 pm

I can do Dec 9-11, will be travelling after Dec 16.

The Lev Nov 19, 2022 8:15 pm

Submitted my dates. Will be away Dec 17-21.

I assume time would be late afternoon start.

allbrosca Nov 20, 2022 9:03 am

I submitted my dates! It has been a while since I have been at a Do.

canopus27 Nov 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Great to see the interest in this! I'll target mid next week to get closure on a date, and then we can start to choose a location.

Until then, start to nag others in the Toronto area to sign up. @yyznomad, it's been a while since I've seen you at a do! :)

Here are the leading dates so far:

Thu Dec 22 - 10 people
Wed Dec 21 - 8 people
Sun Dec 11 - 7 people
Fri Dec 23 - 7 people

Adam Smith Nov 20, 2022 6:04 pm

@canopus27, I'm interested, but probably just a price taker here because I'm not sure of my own plans around that time. If the date works, I'll come out for it.

CdnFlier Nov 20, 2022 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 34772930)
Great to see the interest in this! I'll target mid next week to get closure on a date, and then we can start to choose a location.

Until then, start to nag others in the Toronto area to sign up. @yyznomad, it's been a while since I've seen you at a do! :)

Here are the leading dates so far:

Thu Dec 22 - 10 people
Wed Dec 21 - 8 people
Sun Dec 11 - 7 people
Fri Dec 23 - 7 people

Awesome. If it's the 22nd, I can likely come out but just a bit later, have something planned earlier already.

Melville Nov 21, 2022 9:39 am

Great to have another YYZ Do! Submitted my dates.

The Lev Nov 21, 2022 10:14 am

Originally Posted by CdnFlier (Post 34773335)
Awesome. If it's the 22nd, I can likely come out but just a bit later, have something planned earlier already.

If it's the 22nd, I'll come from the airport from my flight from ZRH and try to remember to bring a shiny new yellow amenity kit with me for those who have not seen them.