Old Nov 22, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cooleddie
OK, we have a confirmed date for the Christmas do: Thursday December 22nd - at 6:30pm.
The location is downtown Toronto, at the CRAFT Beer Market - Toronto (1 Adelaide St East).

Please sign-up below to ensure that the reservation is correct.

Confirmed
  1. Canopus27
  2. The Lev (jetlagged and assuming no major flight delays from AC))
  3. canadiancow
  4. MillennialMiles
  5. Flyingbunny88
  6. Jma12
  7. American Bovine
  8. travelsfromyyz
  9. charonthego
  10. charonthego's friend who is not (yet) part of FT
  11. Politico_PK
  12. JacFlyer - arriving 7;00 - 7:30
  13. JacFlyer's friend who is not (yet) part of FT.
  14. Cooleddie

Waitlisted (maybe yes, maybe not):
  • LockheedElectra
  • CdnFlier (busy until 9)
  • Nitehawk
  • JacFlyer

Probably Out (but still hoping against hope):
  • alllbrosca
  • painintheuk

Offloaded (No thanks, I don't believe in fun - or I'm otherwise not available then)
  • vancouver25k
  • Far Siren
  • Bohemian1
  • D582
  • RCyyz who will be on his way to MCT
  • Altaflyer (missed by 6 hours)
  • JayTakesOff
  • DrunkCargo
  • Melville
  • 172pilot
  • PilotTobe (very early flight the next morning...)
  • Adam Smith (definitely don't believe in fun - I had to disavow it when I became a moderator )
  • yyznomad
  • diddy
  • vernonc
  • pilot007
  • caziz
Print Wikipost

2022 YYZ Do

Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:22 pm

Long time lurker here, does one have to be a FTer to attend?
I have a SE friend who doesn't hang around FT, I wonder if I can bring said friend with me.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JacFlyer
I have a SE friend who doesn't hang around FT, I wonder if I can bring said friend with me.
The general rules are:
1. Make sure the host has an accurate head count
2. Don't bring anyone who's going to be annoyed that everyone is talking about flying/Aeroplan/etc.

Last edited by canadiancow; Dec 19, 2022 at 5:14 pm Reason: a word
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
You can simply sign up as JacFlyer + friend.

Not sure if you have access to the wiki - if not, just confirm and we'll add or both of you.

Just keep in mind canadiancow 's guidelines.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I suggest subjecting them to the normal FT initiation ceremony.

You know, the new one where they buy lots of drinks for everyone. Not the old one where we get to pick their handle.
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
[MENTION=10123753]JacFlyer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=155949]Nitehawk[/MENTION] I have added you both to the standby list - but please update the wiki (or just post here) once you know if you will or will not be able to attend.

We're now at T-72, so I'm hoping to get the numbers firmed up for the reservation. We have 12 confirmed attendees, but then another 11 on the waitlist. It's awesome that we might get so many people out ... but that's a larger percentage of "maybes" than a reservation can easily handle.

Over the next 24-48 hours, can I ask the waitlist crowd to make a decision? Thanks y'all ... [MENTION=321943]172pilot[/MENTION] [MENTION=233669]vernonc[/MENTION] [MENTION=658949]DrunkCargo[/MENTION] [MENTION=710890]PilotTobe[/MENTION] [MENTION=29064]yyznomad[/MENTION] [MENTION=107011]pilot007[/MENTION] [MENTION=575221]LockheedElectra[/MENTION] [MENTION=180398]CdnFlier[/MENTION] [MENTION=144018]Melville[/MENTION]
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Jumped to offloaded, regrets. Have an amazing time!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Just waitlisted. Will know tomorrow. Walking distance for me....good thing I have all my needed SQxs
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I suggest subjecting them to the normal FT initiation ceremony.

You know, the new one where they buy lots of drinks for everyone. Not the old one where we get to pick their handle.
Whats the policy of bringing self-bought alcohol at the hosting pub? Is it not allowed at all?
I have the luck of buying one of those rare whiskeys last month when I came back from Japan, I can bring a bottle.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by canopus27
[MENTION=10123753]JacFlyer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=155949]Nitehawk[/MENTION] I have added you both to the standby list - but please update the wiki (or just post here) once you know if you will or will not be able to attend.

We're now at T-72, so I'm hoping to get the numbers firmed up for the reservation. We have 12 confirmed attendees, but then another 11 on the waitlist. It's awesome that we might get so many people out ... but that's a larger percentage of "maybes" than a reservation can easily handle.

Over the next 24-48 hours, can I ask the waitlist crowd to make a decision? Thanks y'all ... [MENTION=321943]172pilot[/MENTION] [MENTION=233669]vernonc[/MENTION] [MENTION=658949]DrunkCargo[/MENTION] [MENTION=710890]PilotTobe[/MENTION] [MENTION=29064]yyznomad[/MENTION] [MENTION=107011]pilot007[/MENTION] [MENTION=575221]LockheedElectra[/MENTION] [MENTION=180398]CdnFlier[/MENTION] [MENTION=144018]Melville[/MENTION]
I'm afraid I need to cancel. I will remove my name from the list.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
I wont be able to make this one unfortunately but hopefully can attend the next one! I hope everyone has an awesome time!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Whats the policy of bringing self-bought alcohol at the hosting pub? Is it not allowed at all?
I have the luck of buying one of those rare whiskeys last month when I came back from Japan, I can bring a bottle.
No idea. I don't see Craft Beer Market listed here https://www.byow.com/byow_torontoC.html so I suspect it's not allowed. As I understand it, restaurants need to explicitly apply for an additional license to allow "bring your own alcohol" ... and I can't imagine that an establishment named "Craft Brew House" would be overly keen to expend any effort on that angle. Assuming they don't have the correct license for it, then bringing your own alcohol would actually constitute a liquor license violation ... meaning that I suspect the staff will actually be pretty vigilant about enforcing compliance.

p.s. "Don't get the entire 'do' shut down and thrown out of the pub" should probably be added to the list of 'do' rules that [MENTION=599574]canadiancow[/MENTION] listed earlier ....
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:25 am

No idea. I don't see Craft Beer Market listed here (url removed) so I suspect it's not allowed. As I understand it, restaurants need to explicitly apply for an additional license to allow "bring your own alcohol" ... and I can't imagine that an establishment named "Craft Brew House" would be overly keen to expend any effort on that angle. Assuming they don't have the correct license for it, then bringing your own alcohol would actually constitute a liquor license violation ... meaning that I suspect the staff will actually be pretty vigilant about enforcing compliance.

p.s. "Don't get the entire 'do' shut down and thrown out of the pub" should probably be added to the list of 'do' rules that [MENTION=599574]canadiancow[/MENTION] listed earlier ....
Ahh I see, guess I will just save my Hibiki 21/Yamazaki 18 for another occasion then.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AC*SE
Since I'm tied up until 9 anyway, so I can always just drop off the list rather than be a late arrival
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No idea. I don't see Craft Beer Market listed here https://www.byow.com/byow_torontoC.html so I suspect it's not allowed. As I understand it, restaurants need to explicitly apply for an additional license to allow "bring your own alcohol" ... and I can't imagine that an establishment named "Craft Brew House" would be overly keen to expend any effort on that angle. Assuming they don't have the correct license for it, then bringing your own alcohol would actually constitute a liquor license violation ... meaning that I suspect the staff will actually be pretty vigilant about enforcing compliance.

If you want to list all common-sense rules, we could throw in a dozen more. I was just trying to list the ones that a newcomer might not think of.

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Since I'm tied up until 9 anyway, so I can always just drop off the list rather than be a late arrival
I'm 102% sure it will go substantially later than that.
painintheuk and canopus27 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:30 pm

[MENTION=503852]canopus27[/MENTION] May I and +1 be a bit late? We are taking a bus from YKF region to YYZ DT after work. Probably will be around 7~7:30PM?

And is anyone flying to YYZ? I forgot my Airpods on the plane last Sunday and now it sits at YYZ concierge office. If someone can help me pick it up that would be great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.