Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Need Help Booking Flights With Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Need Help Booking Flights With Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Areoplan
Need Help Booking Flights With Aeroplan

Hi

The family wants to go to Thailand next year (we are thinking March) and have collected almost 400K in areoplan points. We are hoping to go round trip via business class but ultimately we are hoping to do a stop over at some other country (Europe, Japan, Korea, open to other countries).

We are 2 adults and one child under 2. We are hoping to have him on our lap. We would be flying from YYC (Calgary).

I am having a hard time trying to find business class tickets on partner airlines that are 100% business class. I am seeing like 30% and when I do see some, as soon as we put child on lap those tickets disappear.

I am still waiting for my sons passport to come so we can't book yet but just trying to understand how to find the best tickets.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:12 pm

You may get lucky and find TPAC partner flight in J less than 6 months out, but highly unlikely. I snagged mine to SE Asia for the same timeframe as you, at 352-358 days in advance. Have not seen much since.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Areoplan
Originally Posted by I'llMissCP
You may get lucky and find TPAC partner flight in J less than 6 months out, but highly unlikely. I snagged mine to SE Asia for the same timeframe as you, at 352-358 days in advance. Have not seen much since.
wow nice, though I was havign this problem when I was looking for months ago (maybe not a year ago but like 6-8 months ago) and I was running into the same thing not finding any 100% business class. So I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or is it just that hard to find it?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Don't confuse "it's hard to find" with "what you're looking for may not exist".

People often assume that there's always award space on the flight they want, and they just haven't learned the tricks to find it.

It's very, very common to find award-business space from North America to Southeast Asia via TYO / ICN / TPE, with the trans-Pacific leg in Business and the Asian regional leg in Economy.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by xiaobao123
Hi

The family wants to go to Thailand next year (we are thinking March) and have collected almost 400K in areoplan points. We are hoping to go round trip via business class but ultimately we are hoping to do a stop over at some other country (Europe, Japan, Korea, open to other countries).

We are 2 adults and one child under 2. We are hoping to have him on our lap. We would be flying from YYC (Calgary).

I am having a hard time trying to find business class tickets on partner airlines that are 100% business class. I am seeing like 30% and when I do see some, as soon as we put child on lap those tickets disappear.

I am still waiting for my sons passport to come so we can't book yet but just trying to understand how to find the best tickets.
I can't advise on how a lap infant would effect the following, but with that said:

With 400k points for two, one approach might be to take a separate cash flight to ORD and start from there travelling eastward.

Take TK to IST. You could make your stop-over there, then travel to BKK via any of a number of middle eastern cities, most of which routes have good J availability. Eg AUH, BAH, MCT.

Then either try to keep going eastward to YYC, or retrace your steps, eg BKK-MCT-ZRH-ORD.

The key thing about leaving from ORD and via IST is that it should keep you comfortably under the 11,000 mile limit and keep the cost to 87.5-92.5k, while also providing availability. There are plenty of routes from YYC to BKK that stay under that limit, eastward and westward, it's just tough to find any flights.

In general, try searching separate city pairs to see what's available, write down the results, then try to piece together a route that's workable time- and points-wise.

Then phone in to see if they're bookable.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
On the way back you could go BKK-DEL-YVR in first for 130k /one way pp

book a cheap cash fare home from yvr on Westjet or flair or book a separate aeroplan flight for the YVR-YYC hop.

on the way there I’ve not yet found an all segment business class for less then 190k . There are some for 87.5k & 90k but include mixed segments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.