Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
2023 Benefits Update

There are very few changes to the program for 2023, except at the 35K level; see the first few posts of the thread for details.

For information on 2022 benefits, please see this thread.

Key updates:
  • Several changes to 35K
    • No more MLL access (from June 1)
    • Additional eUps for Select Privilege
    • Priority baggage handling (AC flights only)
    • Expanded Priority Rewards
  • 50K and up get access to Virgin Australia lounges
  • December 15 deadline to be approved for a Premium CC to enjoy rollover benefits

Ongoing Benefits With Dedicated Threads

Many benefits stay fairly consistent from year to year and have dedicated threads with detailed information. For questions and information on these topics, please visit these threads rather than posting here:
Print Wikipost

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cozysuite
Virgin Australia makes sense for me. I just had a connection flight SYD-BNE-YVR and SYD-BNE was Virgin Australia. SYD domestic terminal does not have Star Alliance lounge, not sure I was entitled to go in Virgin Australia lounge although tempted to ask.

I believe Virgin Atlantic does not have Canadian route and LHR terminal is located in different terminal from AC terminal 2. Also domestic connection is limited. They share North American routes with Delta(Westjet?) for connection. So no benefit for AC/VS.
I found this on the VA website for lounge and Sydney premium entry eligiibility and believe it would include Air Canada 50K (or Star Alliance Gold) and above since they are now "partners"
  • “eligible high tier guests” of international partner airlines (such as Etihad Airways, Qatar Airlines, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines)
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I see the writing on the wall and just signed up for a premium credit card. The biggest advantage seems to be rolled over SQMs and eupgrades.
Is there a card that does not cost me $600+ per year though? Or do I really need to go all out on this?

I've actually found quite a bit of value in my Bonvoy AMEX for $120 per year but maybe I am just not as rich as y'all
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Is there a card that does not cost me $600+ per year though? Or do I really need to go all out on this?

I've actually found quite a bit of value in my Bonvoy AMEX for $120 per year but maybe I am just not as rich as y'all
All the premium cards have premium fees. CIBC AP VIP fee can be lowered by $139 with the right bank account.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Titanium

With the Amex Aeroplan Reserve, I save over $600 in promotions last year. More than the fee! This year? Maybe save a bit less, have to see. Whether you can use the promotions depends on your spending pattern. Some were no brainers, spend at least $100 on restaurants and get $100 credit. People just got $100 gift card from Tims or Starbucks. Another was rebate on a Washington Post subscription. I got that and when it was time to renew I called in to downgrade to a lower level to reduce cost and they extended my subscription for another year at the special rate on the highest subscription level.

No promotions at all with TD VIP Aeroplan.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by GarfieldCat
No promotions at all with TD VIP Aeroplan.
There have been some promos with cash back on AC bookings etc. But nothing recent
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by theranj
There have been some promos with cash back on AC bookings etc. But nothing recent
I never used the TD VIP to purchase AC tickets as the Amex gave me more points per dollar spent.

The only advantage of the TD VIP it was a Visa card and more accepted than Amex. Otherwise Amex Reserve was the more compelling card to have.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by GarfieldCat

The only advantage of the TD VIP it was a Visa card and more accepted than Amex. Otherwise Amex Reserve was the more compelling card to have.
This is the only reason I switched from Amex to Visa, no concerns having it accepted anywhere
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have use for the buddy pass, that's easily worth more than $600. I used mine to save over $1500 this year. (Mind you I might not have paid that, using Aeroplan miles instead. But regardless, still worth easily $600.)

Other useful benefit is insurance. Rental care insurance saves you money. Trip delay etc. also can. We probably save more than $600 on rental car insurance alone.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by colombianbrew
I've been E35K for a number of years with relatively heavy travel but unfortunately work for a company that has an economy only policy. I could usually plan my travel to land on AC but frankly now will have no less motivation to. Sure the miles are nice and consolidating to one airline is preferable, but I did find the option to use MLL made travel a lot more pleasant. It's their business, they can set whatever rules they want but I think they'll lose business travelers like me
If you have relatively heavy travel, and assuming it is mostly domestic, it would be worth getting a premium credit card or a Maple Leaf Lounge access card.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by The Lev
If you have relatively heavy travel, and assuming it is mostly domestic, it would be worth getting a premium credit card or a Maple Leaf Lounge access card.
Probably but not feeling great about spending personal cash on that when I used to get the benefit from AC. Just my 2c
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Priority Rewards 2023

Do we know yet how many Priority Rewards a SE will receive in the 2023 package?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by billdokes
Do we know yet how many Priority Rewards a SE will receive in the 2023 package?
None.

See the Priority Rewards thread for info.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM
2023 Select Benefits

Howdy!

With the end of the year approaching I am itching to specify my Select Benefits for 2023. But I have crawled through a ton of Aeroplan pages and have failed to find the correct url to do so. Can anyone here help me out? Or is Air Canada delayed in getting this rolled out for 2023?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
You should be able to select your benefits on your Aeroplan Dashboard.

***Deleted about the ability to make selections for the 2023 benefit year.***

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Nov 14, 2022 at 7:44 pm Reason: Deleted erroneous 2022/2023 early selection.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
You should be able to select your benefits on your Aeroplan Dashboard. As an SE, I’ve made my picks already, but if you are 25K - 75K, it might be in the early new year before your eligibility opens up.
Are you sure you chose for 2023, and not 2022? I qualified for SE in January, and I do not have an option for 2023 benefits. Just a record of my 2022 benefits.
newfbc and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.