Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
2023 Benefits Update

There are very few changes to the program for 2023, except at the 35K level; see the first few posts of the thread for details.

For information on 2022 benefits, please see this thread.

Key updates:
  • Several changes to 35K
    • No more MLL access (from June 1)
    • Additional eUps for Select Privilege
    • Priority baggage handling (AC flights only)
    • Expanded Priority Rewards
  • 50K and up get access to Virgin Australia lounges
  • December 15 deadline to be approved for a Premium CC to enjoy rollover benefits

Ongoing Benefits With Dedicated Threads

Many benefits stay fairly consistent from year to year and have dedicated threads with detailed information. For questions and information on these topics, please visit these threads rather than posting here:
Print Wikipost

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by M Singh
If this needs to be moved, please do so. Qualified for SE back in September, chose my benefits. Did so again in January and gave 50K to my dad. For the past week both the app and website keep telling me to select my SE benefits again, and for some reason (not that I'm complaining), just gave me an additional 50 eupgrade credits. It Glitch? Or am I missing something?
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh …

Reminding me of last year when they gave me 2 additional status pass on Xmas Eve. I managed to gift both off before the New Year Eve.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
How does the guaranteed seat in Y work? One has to call in? It happened to me couple of times that one of the departures from YXU was Y0, but J9, etc, and I couldn't book a seat on the flight while being signed in.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:12 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
How does the guaranteed seat in Y work? One has to call in? It happened to me couple of times that one of the departures from YXU was Y0, but J9, etc, and I couldn't book a seat on the flight while being signed in.
Maybe you can do this via the app / web site, but I've only ever done this by calling in. And it was very expensive, which should hardly be a surprise.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I believe you have to call in. Not sure it will be cheaper than the J seat tho.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
There's a thread for that.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:47 pm

Boxed meals

Does anyone else get boxed meals for each of the people on their reservation? Is this a status benefit or something I am getting through a credit card (or otherwise)?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I would appreciate some advice on what Select Benefits I should choose.

I am 50K by way of the new Star Alliance credit card offered through HSBC in Australia. My status is valued through December 2024, apparently. Other than an expired 50K membership that I think I got after some Star airline's collapse a few years ago when AC was throwing frequent flyer refugees a life raft, I have no experience with AC and have only flown the airline once.

For 2023, I expect to be based in Australia this year (if not next, also). The chance of me flying AC this year is next to zero. Travel on Star carriers is likely to be limited to SQ and one or two in Europe, like LO. I do not expect to come anywhere near requalifying. I expect to be in the US at least once between now and the end of 2024. I'm predominantly a oneworld traveller but would fly UA if AA and AS weren't available.

Is this enough for those more knowledgeable to provide some guidance on what I should select?

Last edited by danger; Mar 25, 2023 at 3:18 am
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The select benefits have near zero value if you're not flying AC.

The 50% bonus will give you a bit if you're flying certain airlines (UA, LH Group). But I'm not sure anything else has any value to you.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by swgsword
Do you remember if the eupg offered was 10 or 50?
I was offered only 10. Did anyone get the full 50 when they were bumped to SE?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by marcad
I was offered only 10. Did anyone get the full 50 when they were bumped to SE?
From https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...nefits.html#/:
50 credits*

*During the Early Recognition period, these members will be awarded 10 eUpgrade credits when choosing this Select Benefit.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:35 pm

Does anyone know for 25k if for tickets booked on the same itinerary if everyone on the ticket has the free two bags?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:18 pm

If someone gifts me 35k status in July of this year, when does my 35k status expire, Dec 31 2023 or Dec 31 2024?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by gospelle
If someone gifts me 35k status in July of this year, when does my 35k status expire, Dec 31 2023 or Dec 31 2024?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Brief 35K stint

My travel schedule is back-loaded for the second half of this year, with a couple high mileage trips in September/October. I'm 25K now, and I expect that I'll only be 35K for a week or two before I hit 50K. I currently have the 25% points bonus as a select benefit.

I understand that if I choose e-ups as my 35K early recognition select benefit, I will lose the 25% bonus going forward. If I instead choose the 35% bonus, does it apply retroactively to my trips as a 25K? If not, the e-ups seem like the obvious choice for a brief 35K stint.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by salteen
I understand that if I choose e-ups as my 35K early recognition select benefit, I will lose the 25% bonus going forward. If I instead choose the 35% bonus, does it apply retroactively to my trips as a 25K? If not, the e-ups seem like the obvious choice for a brief 35K stint.
The 35% bonus will apply to the miles earned while you are 35k. Anything you earned when you were 25k will keep the 25% bonus.
salteen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.