Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
2023 Benefits Update

There are very few changes to the program for 2023, except at the 35K level; see the first few posts of the thread for details.

For information on 2022 benefits, please see this thread.

Key updates:
  • Several changes to 35K
    • No more MLL access (from June 1)
    • Additional eUps for Select Privilege
    • Priority baggage handling (AC flights only)
    • Expanded Priority Rewards
  • 50K and up get access to Virgin Australia lounges
  • December 15 deadline to be approved for a Premium CC to enjoy rollover benefits

Ongoing Benefits With Dedicated Threads

Many benefits stay fairly consistent from year to year and have dedicated threads with detailed information. For questions and information on these topics, please visit these threads rather than posting here:
Print Wikipost

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:47 am

So I finished 2022 with about 69K miles, had chosen early requalification benefit the previous year, and was going to hit 75K status with xmas flight that ended up getting cancelled last minute

wrote to AC, they gave me 75K status. choosing benefits now. It shows that if I select early requalification then i would only need 45K for 50K status. I'm not sure if this is an error from the 50-->75K bump or has it changed that early requalification benefit now applies to 50K and up for all?
I'm not going to hit 70k SQM this year, but could use the early requalification for 50K

My priority rewards are only showing North America as well, i thought they were supposed to be worldwide premium economy with 75K, perhaps same issue as above?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tdiddy23
My priority rewards are only showing North America as well, i thought they were supposed to be worldwide premium economy with 75K, perhaps same issue as above?
The PR's were earned as a 50k, and that is how they will stay. Any you earn from now on as a 75k will be worldwide PE.
monkai and tdiddy23 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by gigafishing
That isn't my experience with UA, I've had my skis and boot bag count as "one item" but they printed two unique bag tags - the agent had to do a manual override for the 2nd tag to be free. I also think there's an option in the OLCI for UA to indicate one of your bags is a ski bag under "special items" or something to that nature.
My boots always snuggle with me onboard anyway... I can't rent those cozy beasts like I can skis if there is a delay in delivery! Plus, I get to demo new sticks on the airline's delayed dime!! 😁
gigafishing likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by codfather
Did anyone else get an email this morning offering 500 SQM instead of the physical membership kit? Curious as to whether or not those with higher status than 35K will get a similar email or not.

I really don’t see why AC wouldn’t want to keep sending out physical kits. Those bag tags are free advertising for AC and Aeroplan and the vast majority of FFs have them on their bags somewhere.
I've seen other reports of this email, but no, I (as SE) didn't get one either. My physical kit arrived a couple of days ago.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by codfather
Did anyone else get an email this morning offering 500 SQM instead of the physical membership kit? Curious as to whether or not those with higher status than 35K will get a similar email or not.
My kids (both 35K) got this email. I (50K) did not. I haven’t received a physical kit yet either.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
I've seen other reports of this email, but no, I (as SE) didn't get one either. My physical kit arrived a couple of days ago.
Originally Posted by bgilbert
My kids (both 35K) got this email. I (50K) did not. I haven’t received a physical kit yet either.
IIRC, it is only an option for 35K.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: E50K
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
IIRC, it is only an option for 35K.
I believe you’re right. 35k card ain’t worth much so I took the 500. I’ll likely hit 50 this year anyway, and that gold card has value.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:27 am

Has anybody been able to choose their select benefits twice; and get credited twice? Not sure if they'll catch up on the glitch but I got double the eUps and lounge passes...
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: AC35K, WS Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriot Gold
When I hit 25k status part way into 2021, I received eUPs for 2021 and again for 2022 by meeting the MSR to rollover my benefit. Perhaps that is the case for you?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:26 am

I went from nothing to 25, then 35K both late last year (nothing has had a chance to expire or rollover, though I do the Amex Reserve). Got all those eUPs, then early this year I was able to choose my select benefits a couple weeks ago, then again a couple days ago. So I was awarded the 20 eUps (+15 select), twice.

So lucky me I guess! hopefully they don't get clawed back; as I'm well on the way to hitting 50+ this year.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:44 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Sort of a similar question, a bit different…

I got SE this year. Selected bonus miles and 50k for a friend. Then some backdated credits got applied and I could select again. Trying to keep it honest, I selected the same thing again. And tried to name the same person 50k but got an error saying that they are already 50k. So I just left it.

Now I had some more backed SQD post, which again reset everything and I got prompted to select benefits for the third time. As tempted as I was to select eUps, I didn’t want my previous 50k for a friend to be clawed back. So, I selected bonus and 50k for a friend for the third time.

Now my benefits screen says I have 2 50k for a friend to give away. Anyone else had this happen? Will they eventually fix it and wipe those do you think?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
Sort of a similar question, a bit different…

I got SE this year. Selected bonus miles and 50k for a friend. Then some backdated credits got applied and I could select again. Trying to keep it honest, I selected the same thing again. And tried to name the same person 50k but got an error saying that they are already 50k. So I just left it.

Now I had some more backed SQD post, which again reset everything and I got prompted to select benefits for the third time. As tempted as I was to select eUps, I didn’t want my previous 50k for a friend to be clawed back. So, I selected bonus and 50k for a friend for the third time.

Now my benefits screen says I have 2 50k for a friend to give away. Anyone else had this happen? Will they eventually fix it and wipe those do you think?
great question. Same thing happened to me with only 35k; I also selected the same thing as the first not realizing it would double. Yet to have been clawed back… I’d play it cool I guess; maybe donate to some more friends or lucky people here if it holds. Did your eUPs triple too? I don’t think AC has the best IT department!
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MostlyStandardFares
great question. Same thing happened to me with only 35k; I also selected the same thing as the first not realizing it would double. Yet to have been clawed back… I’d play it cool I guess; maybe donate to some more friends or lucky people here if it holds. Did your eUPs triple too? I don’t think AC has the best IT department!
I had that happen to a firend that I gifted 50K status to. He now has 4 staus passes to give out and I have two lol.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Anyone get their E50 2023 kit with luggage tags yet?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Prestige
Anyone get their E50 2023 kit with luggage tags yet?
No, but my 75k kit came yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.