Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC terminal moves at CDG; now at T2B (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Moderator note: this thread was originally started about AC's temporary move from T2A to T1 in January 2023, and has evolved from there to include the subsequent move to T2B, planned for April 2023. - Adam Smith, AC Forum Moderator

The MLL will for sure not be missed by many. I am looking forward to the *A lounge at T1, it`s a big upgrade!

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 19, 2023 at 2:44 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Oh gosh, this is news to me, I've not been to the *A lounge, I thought the AC lounge in terminal 2A wasn't too bad, maybe a bit small when the UA pax arrived.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Interesting to see AC leave T2A for T1 after so many years.

Last time AC operated out of T1 there was much less prior notice time for the move in the aftermath of the tragic T2E building collapse. The move happened overnight !

AC was at T1 from mid-June 2004 until just after the start of the 2005 New Year as described here: Effective June 11: AC moves to T1 at CDG
Stil likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
When does this move happen?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
When does this move happen?
January 11, 2023

Mod note: thread title updated for clarity.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by james dean
Oh gosh, this is news to me, I've not been to the *A lounge, I thought the AC lounge in terminal 2A wasn't too bad, maybe a bit small when the UA pax arrived.
Of the airline lounges (not third party) I have been to at CDG, I would rate the MLL as the worst and the Admirals club slightly better on grounds of view.
The *A/European/ME/Asian airline lounges are simply nicer then the two, so I think we have something to look forward to.
james dean likes this.

Last edited by Stil; Oct 25, 2022 at 5:00 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I agree, this is a huge change! I didn't particularly enjoy the AC MLL at T2a.

At least it's slightly faster now via RoissyBus. How is the RER situation from T1?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I agree, this is a huge change! I didn't particularly enjoy the AC MLL at T2a.

At least it's slightly faster now via RoissyBus. How is the RER situation from T1?
You have to use the CDGVAL airport shuttle train.
It takes around 5 min.

Last edited by Stil; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:10 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Is this a “permanent” move? Anyone know why?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Most if not all *A airlines will now be present at T1, making connections much easier for passengers
to/from Canada.
My guess is that it is a joint alliance move, so probably permanent.
If memory doesn't fail me I think CDG has used the pandemic to refurbish T1? Which would make a even better case for a permanent move.
james dean likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Must be cheaper.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
IIRC, except for AC in T2A, most of the *A airlines have been at T1 for several years.

I think one advantage for AC flyers arriving at T2A has been the ease of onward cnx to AF's network to points in France, Africa and elsewhere not served by AC or *A from Canada or over LHR, FRA, BRU, etc.

The easy walk from T2A to T2E/2F or to the SNCF TGV station was also positive in IMO.

Perhaps AC mainline service to places like LYS and NCE currently and next year TLS and BOD reduces the interest of being so close to AF ?

Not sure any versions of the CDG MLL (or previous ADP contract lounges at T2A used by AC) were great places to spend alot of pre-departure time. Nor were any of the lounges in T1 (circa 2002-2006), like the dire BD Diamond Club lounge in one of the satellite basements or the Blériot and Éole lounges up on the 10th floor of the round main terminal.

One positive point at T1 was the ease of access to the rental car counters on the upper floor parking levels via elevators from arrivals.

I have not been to T1 in years and will be looking forward to checking the place out again in 2023.

Way back in the olden days at T1, you could easily see and talk with the unfortunate man who was the subject of the Tom Hanks movie "The Terminal" (filmed at YMX !)
Cloud Lounger, james dean and Stil like this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NordsFan

The easy walk from T2A to T2E/2F or to the SNCF TGV station was also positive in IMO.
I really liked your post, it did take me down memories lane to my early flying days with the SK lounge in Satellite 7 at T1.

You probably wound get further apart walking then T2A and T2E at CDG. Just the walk in it self must be around 25-30min. but agreed it is straight forward and probably faster then the airside terminal bus N1.

As both T1 and 3 has been closed during the pandemic im not sure how the connection to Paris is going to be. But pre pandemic you could take the RER B train (express) from T3 which is a 3-4 min ride with the CDGVAL airport train from T1. Much faster then the walk from T2A to the closest CDG train station.

Alternatively if that is not an option when T1 opens, you can go an extra stop to the CDG train station, which will take you 5-6 min with the CDGVAL and board the TGV or RER train from there.

When it comes to connecting between T1 and the AF terminals (2F/E) it is most probably going to be faster aswell.

Last edited by Stil; Oct 25, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
While I won’t miss the ML lounge at 2A, it was still a vast improvement over the older one they ran across the hall several years ago (no windows and cramped). You could still smell cigarette smoke long after than banned it.

Not sure when I’ll get a chance to try the new one (hopefully it’s been refurbished during the closure), as I’m now focusing my travel to AF and chasing higher flying blue status,,
james dean likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Stranger
Must be cheaper.
Or more convenient which translates to cheaper. Still, if it results in better space and a better lounge,I’d welcome it. I always found T1 a better experience. I’m hopeful the gate won’t be at the extreme end like at T2.
james dean likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.