Wiki Posts
Search

Access to AC lounge @ CDG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Access to AC lounge @ CDG

I booked a 3 hour connection in CGD from ORD (PP) to DUB (Y) without checking the status of lounges.

I assume that as I am merely arriving on a *A flight, but not departing one, even all of the lounges were back up, my only way of gaining entry would be to pay-which I doubt AC is permitting at present. Doesn’t even look like Priority Pass is an option.

Does anyone know if the AC lounge is still the only lounge option? Is paid entry an option? Any option I am missing, i.e buying a fully refundable ticket just for lounge access?

If that is the case, lesson learned. Might have to book a refundable one-way to gain access.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC 75K
You won’t have access to the departures are of T2A, so this is moot.

But if you buy a refundable ticket, clear exit immigration to access the lounge…then what? Reclear immigration to make your connection? I think you’ve over estimated the worth of the CDG lounge.

Last edited by ChrisA330; Oct 23, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
as ChrisA330 says, you're missing out on very little with the AC CDG lounge. unlike the AC LHR and FRA lounges, the CDG offers less than many of the Domestic and Transborder AC lounges.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC's lounge access policies already have a detailed thread with a comprehensive wiki.

The Airport Lounges forum, which has information on 3rd party lounges and is generally a good place to find out what lounges are available on mixed itineraries (such as the OP's), has a thread with information on various lounges at CDG.

As such, I'm closing this thread.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.