Fare change when logging in...

Old Oct 23, 22, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Fare change when logging in...

I have been looking at a one way flight YUL-SFO for next year. The last few days the fare has been $1500 (USD) in the front of the plane. Today, I looked in without logging into my account, and it was $1148. Sounds good to me, so after talking it over with Mrs BlueZebra, I log into my account, and its $1500 again!. Mrs BlueZebra gets on her computer (she doesn't have an Aeroplan account),and she sees $1148! So we book on her computer, and I log in in the middle of the process. It stays $1148, but the website won't recognize a discount (for a dead entertainment system on a YYZ-CPH flight) certificate! That has happened twice now.

Nice try to BS us AirCanada. Not happy.
Old Oct 23, 22, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
It occurs to me sometimes. Since most of my flights are business, it does not bother me that much. But for leisure travel, Ill always use Google flight and redirect to AC. It sometimes saves you up to 30%, although mostly just in the 30 to 50 range.

Last edited by Changeup2000; Oct 23, 22 at 6:56 pm
Old Oct 23, 22, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Could you be reverting to the Canadian site when you log in, and seeing a price in CAD?
Bohemian1 and nexusCFX like this.
Old Oct 23, 22, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Could you be reverting to the Canadian site when you log in, and seeing a price in CAD?
My account is in USD, as I am an American, I set it up that way. I guess you could be right. 1500 Canadian is just under 1100 USD.

Search this Thread