Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flying Biz class from LHR on AC - Fast Track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE, *G

Flying biz class from LHR tomorrow (Saturday) on AC. Will I have access to Fast Track security? Without luggage to check, what's the latest I can arrive at the airport and still safely make it to the flight?
Thank you

Last edited by heathfields; Oct 14, 2022 at 11:25 am Reason: rewording the question to make it clearer
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by heathfields
Flying biz class from LHR tomorrow (Saturday) on AC. Will I have access to Fast Track security? Without luggage to check, at what time can I arrive at the airport?
Thank you
Yes, you will.

For the latter question, it's hard to answer. Depending on the day I have had security take 5 min, or 45 min, depending on if they're using the silly "master queue feeds the other queues" system.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Which flight are you on? I'd say the 11am/12pm departure to YYZ usually takes 20ish minutes to get through security but the 1800 will take 5ish minutes.
heathfields likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
To add on, fast track typically only has 2 dedicated security lanes.
heathfields likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
You will have access to fast track. When you get to security stay to the right there’s a separate lane. Shouldn’t take too long. Most I’ve ever waited was about 15 minutes I think.

Also factor in there’s quite a walk to the B gates on the other side of the terminal. It’s about a 15 minute walk from where security comes out to the B gates. You have to go down underground, walk across the apron and back up on the other side. There are some moving walkways that make it go a bit easier but it’s still quite a trek. The walkways only go in one direction though so if you have a surprise Air Canada departure from the A side like I had once, it was about 25 min to get back. They only usually publish the gate number about 30 min to boarding so it was tight .

Safe flight.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seegs
Which flight are you on? I'd say the 11am/12pm departure to YYZ usually takes 20ish minutes to get through security but the 1800 will take 5ish minutes.
Taking the 14:05 to YUL. Would arriving at 12:20 give me enough time to make the flight and not have to run to the gate?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
plenty, and time for a decent stop in the lounge. I normally arrive T-90 for T2 and have time for a snack in the SQ lounge.
Wings100 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:22 pm

There was a screener who was pulling aside at least 3 of 4 bags for 'thorough inspection.' The line got stupid long, while MrsITAG waited 35 minutes for him to get to her bag. Annoying incomptence.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
plenty, and time for a decent stop in the lounge. I normally arrive T-90 for T2 and have time for a snack in the SQ lounge.
This.. don't waste your time in the AC lounge. SQ or UA are both infinitely better.

Ron.
zrh2yvr likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newfbc
This.. don't waste your time in the AC lounge. SQ or UA are both infinitely better.

Ron.
Between SQ and UA, which would you recommend?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
SQ IMO. Especially if you need showers, UA doesn't have them.
mrow likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Singapore Airlines lounge LHR
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
SQ - it's a much calmer atmosphere

Ron.
zrh2yvr and heathfields like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
I preferred the MLL when I was there few weeks ago. Both the UA Club and SQ lounge were packed in the morning. MLL was relatively quiet and had better views of the apron.
heathfields likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.