Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Transfers from Chase to Aeroplan - general information and issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador

Not sure if this should be posted here or on the Chase forum, but I created an Aeroplan account today and transferred 120k Chase Ultimate Rewards points over to book a couple of tickets. Chase and Aeroplan both say that the transfer is instantaneous but I still havent seen them come across 8+ hours later. Is this typical or is it an issue. I know AC website has been giving me lots of issues today so that may have something to do with it.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Are the names on your Chase & Aeroplan accounts an exact match?
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Not sure if this should be posted here or on the Chase forum
Well, it's not a problem with the AC website, so I've used my moderator powers to move it to its own thread

I created an Aeroplan account today and transferred 120k Chase Ultimate Rewards points over to book a couple of tickets. Chase and Aeroplan both say that the transfer is instantaneous but I still havent seen them come across 8+ hours later. Is this typical or is it an issue.
Generally the first place to check would be with the CC program to see whether they've actually sent the miles. The newness of the account may be an issue here though.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Thanks Adam, Chase has already deducted the miles from my UR balance, so I'm guessing the issue is a combination of account age and /or something on the Aeroplan side. Names should be the same, unless there's a middle initial on one that I'm overlooking.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks Adam, Chase has already deducted the miles from my UR balance, so I'm guessing the issue is a combination of account age and /or something on the Aeroplan side. Names should be the same, unless there's a middle initial on one that I'm overlooking.
Did the miles post? If so, how long did it take?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Did the miles post? If so, how long did it take?
The miles posted roughly 3 days after the transfer was initiated.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
The miles posted roughly 3 days after the transfer was initiated.
Thanks for the update
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:30 pm

Having this issue right now. Transfer initiated.... thought it was going to be instant. Hours later still nothing. I created AC account about a week ago.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IamHungry
Having this issue right now. Transfer initiated.... thought it was going to be instant. Hours later still nothing. I created AC account about a week ago.
You will likely have to wait 2-3 days as there is no prior activity on your Aeroplan account. Very frustrating when trying to book awards.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:16 pm

You will likely have to wait 2-3 days as there is no prior activity on your Aeroplan account. Very frustrating when trying to book awards.
That sux. That's exactly what I am trying to do. Book an award flight! Hopefully it will still be available by that time.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:43 pm

Got my miles after almost 48 hours later. Now my flights are gone. Wish I could move my points back.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, It's a real pain.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:47 pm

Datapoint - NOT instantaneous

Chase UR rewards transfer to Aeroplan Initiated 11.55 PM on Friday 1/28. Posted 5 AM on Sunday 1/30
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
New datapoint

I transferred points this week from Chase and the transfer was instant to Aeroplan
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lewis_m
I transferred points this week from Chase and the transfer was instant to Aeroplan
Hopefully this is an update that will hold. My AmEx transfers are almost instant, would be nice if Chase was the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.