Wiki Posts
Search

Branded Fares (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Looks like the branding expands...

I see Standard B fares (but no Basic). I do not see Latitude below B... yet.

This is SFO-YYZ:

Bohemian1 and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Looks like the branding expands...
And just to add, at least in the YYZSFO market the previous LT fare in B is a TG fare. LT is now higher:

Code:
    AC     YTOSFO          01FEB23          
        V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
      1X  BNA0A1LT       B X   920.00        T01DE  -/¥  -/  -  634

YTO-SFO       CXR-AC       WED 01FEB23                     CAD
    AC-ACR/TG - STANDARD
      1A  BNA0A1TG       B X   920.00     ----      -/¥  -/  -  634
    AC-ACR/FL - FLEX
      2A  BNA0A1FL       B X  1005.00     ----      -/¥  -/  -  634
    AC-ACR/CO - COMFORT
      3A  BNA0A1CO       B X  1055.00     ----      -/¥  -/  -  634
    AC-ACR/LT - LATITUDE
      4I  BNA0A1LT       B X  1075.00     ----      -/¥  -/  -  634
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:18 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
and the TG fare is non-refundable...... !
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
They sent this out yesterday to travel agents detailing the changes:

More Options For Our Fare Brands

As of December 1, we will be introducing a buy-across from Standard to Flex utilizing the same booking class. This will provide additional price points, giving more options to your customer to select the attributes that will suit their needs.

For South America and Pacific Markets:

The economy cabin fare family will be determined by the last two digits of the Fare Basis Code (FBC) instead of the booking class.
  • Fares ending in BA will be Basic fares
  • Fares ending in TG will be Standard fares
  • Fare ending in FL will be Flex fares
  • Fares ending in LT will be Latitude fares
For example:
  • LXXXXXBA will be a Basic fare
  • LXXXXXTG will be a Standard fare
  • LXXXXXFL will be a Flex fare
For North America markets:

Latitude fares will be determined by the last two digits of the FBC instead of the booking class.
  • Fares ending in LT will be Latitude fares
For example:
  • BXXXXXTG will be a Standard fare
  • BXXXXXFL will be a Flex fare
  • BXXXXXLT will be a Latitude fare
A single booking class will have fares filed in multiple brands. For example, B-class economy fares will have Standard, Flex and Latitude fare levels available on many markets. Please ensure to verify the fare rules for the applicable fare basis code (FBC) as the terms and conditions may differ.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Standard Economy (B)?

Has anyone seen a Economy (B) fare show up as standard? I booked a RT latitude fare a couple of weeks ago and as I am now able to use E-upgrades I went to upgrade, 1 point going out and 6 coming back…

it should have been 1 both ways but when I check my booking it shows latitude (Y) out Standard (B) return.

I thought (B) was only a latitude fare. Any ideas? I’m hoping a system glitch…
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE
Within Canada, and on some other markets, AC uses "branded fares" where the fare class is not the determining factor for the eUps, points, refundability, .... It is now indeed possible to have a B fare be a basic non-refundable fare. You may want to check the original ticket and look at the last two letters of the fare. Latitude should read LT and standard is TG. More details in this thread: Branded Fares; AC changes booking classes/fare classes for Tango & Flex
kalderlake and Aussieincanada like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Aussieincanada
Has anyone seen a Economy (B) fare show up as standard? I booked a RT latitude fare a couple of weeks ago and as I am now able to use E-upgrades I went to upgrade, 1 point going out and 6 coming back…

it should have been 1 both ways but when I check my booking it shows latitude (Y) out Standard (B) return.

I thought (B) was only a latitude fare. Any ideas? I’m hoping a system glitch…
You can buy lower brands in B.
Aussieincanada likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Within Canada, and on some other markets, AC uses "branded fares" where the fare class is not the determining factor for the eUps, points, refundability, .... It is now indeed possible to have a B fare be a basic non-refundable fare. You may want to check the original ticket and look at the last two letters of the fare. Latitude should read LT and standard is TG. More details in this thread: Branded Fares; AC changes booking classes/fare classes for Tango & Flex
thanks for digging this up. I booked through our companies concur, appears that’s where the issue lies. It showed I was booking latitude, but apparently it didn’t. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:18 pm

It looks like UA is now publishing branded fares on some TB routes, for example YVR-IAD.

I'm curious if the CG/FLEX will credit as Flex, since it doesn't follow AC's typical pattern (whereas the BA/TG fares do).

Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Your understanding is wrong. Brand and RBD are mostly independent.
You should add a condition "for award tickets".
I believe for cash tickets they are still somewhat related, e.g. Y will only corresponds to latitude, if Y is the only available RBD then you can't really buy flex/standard cash tickets.
But for award tickets yes you are right, they are mostly irrelevant. The award ticket will be booked into the lowest cash bucket (if X bucket is not available), and then there is a surcharge of points for Flex and Latitude.

Last edited by JacFlyer; Feb 6, 2023 at 12:07 pm Reason: corrected as B class is no longer exclusive to latitude brand
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JacFlyer
I believe for cash tickets they are still closely related, e.g. Y/B will only corresponds to latitude, if Y/B is the only available RBD then you can't really buy flex/standard cash tickets.
But for award tickets yes you are right, they are mostly irrelevant. The award ticket will be booked into the lowest cash bucket (if X bucket is not available), and then there is a surcharge of points for Flex and Latitude.
If you're going to be pedantic, shouldn't you at least be correct?

Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I believe for cash tickets they are still closely related, e.g. Y/B will only corresponds to latitude, if Y/B is the only available RBD then you can't really buy flex/standard cash tickets.
This is what occurred for me. I was attempting to buy Flex but as I got through the process to the payment window, I noticed the the bucket was (B). I also check e-upgrade availability depending on fare classes. Also, the e-upgrade request only required 1 eUp.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
That's no longer the case for B https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34801906-post124.html
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:09 pm

Thanks folks from the above posts for the correction.
I didn't know that B bucket is now also used for multiple fare brands.
I have changed my wording from "closely related" to "somewhat related".
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you're going to be pedantic, shouldn't you at least be correct?

And while it's true that TODAY there are no Y CO/FL/TG fares (that we've seen), that was also true for B pretty recently. So I just don't worth it's stating that "Y is always Latitude". Q used to be always Flex. Now it's not. Things change. The only thing that matters for almost everything is the brand, with some slight differences (but still within a brand) for eUp requirements, based on the specific fare class.
ffsim and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.