Wiki Posts
Search

AC Experiences from AMS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
AC Experiences from AMS

Hoping someone with recent experience with AC in AMS can provide some input.
I have approx a month before my trip to AMS. Still seems to be issues at AMS both with long lines at checkin/security and luggage. Hopefully will clear up before we fly.
Specifically for AC - is there a separate line for J/SE security ? Any preference for lounges ? Anything else I should know re AC AMS ?
If anyone has recent travel experiences in AMS and surrounding area - where to stay, what to do, etc pls PM me seperately.
Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:55 pm

Check the KLM page there is a whole thread on the situation. It isn’t AC dependant but it is getting better as summer travel seasons lows. In business you’ll be okay.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:19 pm

I flew J out of schipol back in june when lines were at their worst. I showed up exactly 4 hours before my flight and checked in at the desk to get a paper boarding pass. After that you can show the boarding pass to skip most security lines and get to the priority security line. There's still delays just navigating the crowd and getting the attention of the staff members who can move you through the line and more delays at exit immigration but it's not too bad. I got through in under an hour. Lounges were only taking passengers with a J boarding pass. Status didn't seem to matter. Still had to line up for 30 minutes. My flght ended up leaving 4 hours late. Was a long day in schipol.
vernonc, Diabeetus and unclepants like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I passed through AMS today - am on 827 right now.

Honestly it was fine - I arrived 2.5 hours early - a good hour than I normally would. But there was no line to get into the building, no line at check in, and I waited less than 5 minutes at security and passport control. You do have to show your boarding pass a few times to get access to the priority lines, but it was well signed.
canopus27, vernonc, arf04 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.