Search

AC Skytrax 2022 (spoiler:not good)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Meh

Rouge Y is the exact same as Mainline Y

Rouge J is the same as mainline J with a more limited menu. Honestly the difference between the two is so subtle.
The difference in legroom in Y is significant. The mainline 320 has 132 Y seats with 32" pitch, rouge has 154 Y seats with 29" pitch. The mainline 321 has 174 seats with a 31" pitch. Rouge crams in 184 Y seats with 29" pitch.

That's not "the exact same". 1-3" difference in legroom in Y can be a big difference for taller pax.
CorSter, arf04 and bigev007 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Meh

Rouge Y is the exact same as Mainline Y

Rouge J is the same as mainline J with a more limited menu. Honestly the difference between the two is so subtle...

edit: and the wifi is more consistent on Rouge than mainline, ironically enough.
Rouge is mainline Y with 2-inches less seat pitch, and that's enough to make the difference for a lot of us
CorSter, guessaaa, gcashin and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
That's usually the narrative on this board when AC actually wins a few awards...but yet when AC does poorly, here we are.
Its bound to be a source of light hearted ribbing, given AC’s penchant for mentioning it in their announcements.

If memory serves me correctly, they were doing the “best cabin crew” schtick after they fell off their “best airline in North America” perch last year. Guess that’s gone too? Gaslighting inevitably begets mockery.

Granted, the only noteworthy takeaway from this is that AC has stopped paying “consulting fees” to whoever’s behind this sham. Good news for shareholders, at least.

Personally, surprised to see TK get back into the mix after it told Skytrax to “bugger off” (as one commentator put it) a few years ago.
rankourabu and arf04 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
AC is the best...

AC should ask Skytrash to create a new category: "Best Airline in Southern Canada". That would give it a chance to be in the top 100.

This summer I proudly wore my mask when boarding and deplaning in Europe, because I didn't want anyone to know I was flying AC.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:48 am
formerly rt23456p

Should I start another airline/airport rating service after I graduate from school? Sounds like a very lucrative business with all of those consulting fees paid by major airlines.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Silver
The rankings are a joke. I’m not a fan of AC but any methodology that yields AF as best in Western Europe cannot be taken seriously. Suggesting that EasyJet is above UA in the global rankings is equally absurd, however you feel about UA.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Jet Blue is # 41 below Southwest
Air Transat is # 2 best leisure airline but 74th overall

Sure.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by respectable_man
The rankings are a joke.
I dont think anyone will argue that.

But thats the point. They've always been a joke - except AC used to do well in this particular ranking (despite scraping the bottom in others like JD Power), but now they cant even do well in this joke of a ranking.
whyfseeguy and Guate87 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
airBaltic won #1 in Eastern Europe? I flew them twice this summer, RIX and VNO, but they are too small to be compared to LOT.

AC is #1 in Eastern Canada.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:26 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Guate87
airBaltic won #1 in Eastern Europe? I flew them twice this summer, RIX and VNO, but they are too small to be compared to LOT.

AC is #1 in Eastern Canada.
There aren't a lot of airlines they can rate in Easter Europe, they can't rate Aeroflot, and LOT aren't great, then they have to pass this title to Baltic then.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rt23456p
There aren't a lot of airlines they can rate in Easter Europe.
Agreed, which is why there should not be a separate ranking of "Eastern Europe".

AC could demand Skytrax create a new "The Best Airlines in Canada" so they can be #1 somewhere, like the winners of China, India, Eastern, Western, Southern, and Northern Europe.

airBaltic gets to say "We're #1" instead of "We're #81" because Skytrax subdivides Europe and Asia, but not Africa, North and South America, or Oceania.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:32 pm

AC dupes you with their signature product. You get this amazing experience in the signature lounge with great service, excellent food and drink and then you board your flight and wonder what happened.

Your flight is delayed, flight attends serve you a meal on a tray then run away in the back not to be seen again until the morning to serve you a croissant and fruit.
rankourabu, arf04, gcashin and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:34 pm
formerly rt23456p

Agreed, which is why there should not be a separate ranking of "Eastern Europe".

AC could demand Skytrax create a new "The Best Airlines in Canada" so they can be #1 somewhere, like the winners of China, India, Eastern, Western, Southern, and Northern Europe.

airBaltic gets to say "We're #1" instead of "We're #81" because Skytrax subdivides Europe and Asia, but not Africa, North and South America, or Oceania.
By not subdividing, it is more legitimate, however, it makes Skytrax less profitable. You see, they even have airport and airline award for COVID standards just to fuel more income. If AC pays Skytrax enough , very soon they will create a title in exchange.
John Portland and Guate87 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by respectable_man
The rankings are a joke. I’m not a fan of AC but any methodology that yields AF as best in Western Europe cannot be taken seriously. Suggesting that EasyJet is above UA in the global rankings is equally absurd, however you feel about UA.
The discrepancies are legion and well known (e.g. AC best airline in NA, except that it’s not in the top 10 serving TATL or TPAC)

And in fairness to travellers in general, literally the only individuals/entities who’ve been pushing these rankings as credible are the airlines themselves with press releases and on-board announcements. To the extent that anyone here has heard about Skytrax it’s only because AC’s been doing publicity for them for going on a decade now.

In fairness, they created a new “Best Regional Airline in Canada”; WS “won” (something of a backhanded compliment for a once national carrier).

That’s effectively rendered a “Best airline in Canada” category meaningless (at least for this year), since Skytrax’s own logic dictates that there only one. That said, I expect we’ll see it next year if the right “consulting fees” are paid.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:18 pm

How is Air Moldova ended up in the Central Asia ranking? Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.