Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Searching and booking intra-EU on aeroplan points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

So the wife & I moved to Oslo this summer, and we're planning to start burning through our aeroplan points given 7+ years of SE and the unlikelihood of maintaining SE into 2024.... Yet, when I look to book anything on points inside the EU, while the prices are good, the availability is terrible. Is this an artifact of the website search capabilities, or is it what *A partners are actually making available? Obviously, booking has to be done through aeroplan, but none of the flights are generally going to be on AC hardware unless we're coming home for a visit.

Anyone have any experience with this that they could share? Also, does the lower requalification limits still exist for nonresidents?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is not an IT artifact but depends on M&M integrated carriers (those are pretty much all the *A carriers in Europe other than TP, A3 and SK) releasing award availability. Right now they can sell pretty much any seat at ridiculous prices (FRA-GVA starts at 600 euros roundtrip) thus there is very little award availability. Thanks to non-dynamic award pricing those flights are indeed pretty cheap if you happen to find availability.

As for requalification there is no lower threshold I am aware of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.