Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Elite kits arriving

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The Bovine can't get *G to show on his LH BP.

He was never sent a new physical card.

We'll test some things in FRA if the concierge hasn't managed to fix it by then.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The Bovine can't get *G to show on his LH BP.

He was never sent a new physical card.

We'll test some things in FRA if the concierge hasn't managed to fix it by then.
Weirdly, my *A G also does not show up in my LH boarding pass. Got into LH senator lounge without issue. Also gold track and pre boarding. But I do have “AC Latitude” printed on my BP. Not sure if that helped.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:41 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by YULRvR
Maybe only 35k are receiving this offer? They don't have Star Alliance Gold, so no access to EU lounges anyway? (so no need for physical card)
This would make sense. Curious to see whether any 50k+ get it, but makes sense for 35k’s.

Even as a 75k, I never bother to carry the physical card. Have never had a BP issue, but if I did I would trust that the digital card and DYKWIA would get me into any *G lounge. Only time this year I was asked for more than my BP was the contract lounge in BRU and they were fine with my digital card.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Mrs Viper no longer has to work and as such she accompanied me on a lot of my travel this year for the first time and she climbed the status ladder all the way to SE with the numerous crazy promotions and rollovers. Before Covid she was typically only the lowest status if any.

She hit 25k in April, 35k in June, 50k and 75k both in August, and SE in September. She received a 35k package in the mail only and nothing else through the entire ladder. After about 6 weeks without receiving a package we called in mid October. They said they generated a tracer email and she should have her package within 5-7 days. After two weeks we called again at the end of October and they said they would send another one marked urgent. Same thing at the end of November and we just called once again.

Escalated to a supervisor this time who said there was an internal memo sent out on Nov 13 to freeze all packages sent out until February and that she would not be receiving a package until then. I advised him about members having difficulty being admitted to SA lounges without the physical card and he basically called me a liar and said that just isn’t the case and doesn’t happen because they all take the virtual card and all of those other airlines have now moved away from physical cards and no longer issue them. He then asked why I would need to access other lounges other than Air Canada and also that it should be AC*G on the boarding pass. I reminded him that once SE is hit for the year we usually credit to other airlines so it doesn’t always appear on the boarding pass. Basically, he was just a fan of arguing.

No compensation offered. No offer to send out a card as they are made by a third party who is not sending any more out. Pretty poor experience in general. And his explanation doesn’t jive with the fact why she wasn’t at least given a 50k or 75k package. Thankfully we usually travel together so I can get her in with my card but sometimes we travel with other family and friends who don’t have access and I’d like to be able to use our +1 guest to bring them in.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Mrs Viper no longer has to work and as such she accompanied me on a lot of my travel this year for the first time and she climbed the status ladder all the way to SE with the numerous crazy promotions and rollovers. Before Covid she was typically only the lowest status if any.

She hit 25k in April, 35k in June, 50k and 75k both in August, and SE in September. She received a 35k package in the mail only and nothing else through the entire ladder. After about 6 weeks without receiving a package we called in mid October. They said they generated a tracer email and she should have her package within 5-7 days. After two weeks we called again at the end of October and they said they would send another one marked urgent. Same thing at the end of November and we just called once again.

Escalated to a supervisor this time who said there was an internal memo sent out on Nov 13 to freeze all packages sent out until February and that she would not be receiving a package until then. I advised him about members having difficulty being admitted to SA lounges without the physical card and he basically called me a liar and said that just isn’t the case and doesn’t happen because they all take the virtual card and all of those other airlines have now moved away from physical cards and no longer issue them. He then asked why I would need to access other lounges other than Air Canada and also that it should be AC*G on the boarding pass. I reminded him that once SE is hit for the year we usually credit to other airlines so it doesn’t always appear on the boarding pass. Basically, he was just a fan of arguing.

No compensation offered. No offer to send out a card as they are made by a third party who is not sending any more out. Pretty poor experience in general. And his explanation doesn’t jive with the fact why she wasn’t at least given a 50k or 75k package. Thankfully we usually travel together so I can get her in with my card but sometimes we travel with other family and friends who don’t have access and I’d like to be able to use our +1 guest to bring them in.
That's very strange. I climbed the ladder pretty much exactly the same way this year.. though I hit SE in October. I received a package for each - 35K, 50K, 75K and SE.

Ron.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by newfbc
That's very strange. I climbed the ladder pretty much exactly the same way this year.. though I hit SE in October. I received a package for each - 35K, 50K, 75K and SE.

Ron.
He mentioned something about the package not being triggered by their automated system to send until someone picks their select benefits. She didn’t pick hers until Oct 27th they said even though she hit SE in Sept and they said where it was so close to the Nov 13th memo they just didn’t action it…allegedly…

*Edit*

He just called me back to follow up. Said he spoke with AC Headquarters and they advised him the same thing. That virtual cards work with all partnered airlines and that “it’s been tested”. No card or package till next year. 15k Aeroplan points as compensation. Basically a “go away now” call.

Last edited by TheViperOne; Dec 19, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
He mentioned something about the package not being triggered by their automated system to send until someone picks their select benefits. She didn’t pick hers until Oct 27th they said even though she hit SE in Sept and they said where it was so close to the Nov 13th memo they just didn’t action it…allegedly…

Bah
That's nonsense, and dates back to when paper MLL passes were a select benefit for all tiers.

In 2017, they would not send out a package until you picked your benefits because it could change the contents of the package. That changed in the 2018 benefit year (when only 25K could choose more as a select benefit), and kits were mailed out immediately. In 2018, 2019, and 2020, I selected my benefits in October, and I'd had my kit for months.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by newfbc
You passed SE in October and already received a package? I passed 75K in September and have yet to get a package for that.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
You passed SE in October and already received a package? I passed 75K in September and have yet to get a package for that.
Received SE package Nov 28... received 75k late September.

This is first time I reached these levels - above 25k. I read a while ago that might make a difference.

Ron.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
My partner received her 35K package a week ago. She hit 35K on November 17, 2022.

I call BS on the November 13, 2022 deadline.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:08 am

Mine showed up somewhere between the 21st and 29th.

I was amused at the credit card insert.

It advertised Core and Premium card benefits.

1. There are no Premium cards available in my country of residence.
2. I hold both a Core and Premium card, and I have held them since the launch date of each (Chase and TD).
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If your BP says AC*G, that should be sufficient.

But here I am, having qualified in January, still awaiting a kit...
Requalified in June for SE. No kit as of today 30-Dec.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Requalified in June for SE. No kit as of today 30-Dec.
They announced they wont be mailing kits if you re-qualified but you do have the option to request a physical card online on your Aeroplan profile.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Please don't assume your experience applies to everyone at every lounge. I have, more than once this year, needed my physical AC card to either avoid a lengthy argument with a lounge agent or get in at all at a lounge operated by a Germanic *A partner.
Had a similar experience at the LHR arrivals lounge (managed by said Germanic *A partner). BP wasn't sufficient b/c mine doesn't read SE 100K (which is what they look for). Mine reads SE MM. "What is MM?" After much discussion, my card displayed from the app was accepted.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Had a similar experience at the LHR arrivals lounge (managed by said Germanic *A partner). BP wasn't sufficient b/c mine doesn't read SE 100K (which is what they look for). Mine reads SE MM. "What is MM?" After much discussion, my card displayed from the app was accepted.
Super Elite Million Miler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.