Wiki Posts
Search

AC Onboard Compensation Request...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
AC Onboard Compensation Request...

Hi, despite traveling for most of my career and 90% on AC. I think this is actually the first time I have one of these things. On a recent flight from YYC to YYZ, my seatback screen wasn't working (I usually don't care as I have my iPad or work) and a FA immediately came over during boarding to offer me a free WIFI voucher as she knew it wasn't functional. I declined as I have WIFI as a benefit, she said she'd come back with a compensation request form then vanished before I could wave it off.

Anyhow, I filled it in and she gave me the receipt portion. It has the flight number, date, and form number. What the heck do I do with this thing?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AP AS BA
Nothing. The FA will send the top part of the form in to AC. Then you'll get an email in a few weeks.

Last time, I got a $50 e-coupoun when I didn't get a meal in SS J (YYC - YYZ).
Can you please update this thread when you get a reply from AC?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:33 am
Original Poster

ahh... thank you for that. I guess I should be expecting a $5 e-coupon considering

I'll update when I see something! Thanks again.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
A recent flight of mine YVR-YYZ had non working IFE on a A321 in row 4. No form was offered, and I wrote it. I received a reply yesterday saying they were sending me 7500 Aeroplan miles.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Ok 7500 miles are far more useful to me than $5 e coupons! Hopefully thats what I end up with. Thanks for your datapoint!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
It’s usually a 15-20% off discount code for me.

It used to auto-generate, but now someone from AC actually writes back. I am still waiting on one I sent in a few weeks ago.

Edit: I have been informed that I have received 15% off this latest faulty IFE claim.
Nitehawk likes this.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Sep 15, 2022 at 11:23 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I would rather have a 15% off code than 7500 AE miles.

Oh well.

Another DP, I have posted about it before, but last time I wrote in about two problems (no SE drink benefit and no IFE) I got a $100 voucher.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk

Oh well.

Another DP, I have posted about it before, but last time I wrote in about two problems (no SE drink benefit and no IFE) I got a $100 voucher.
Which is more than seems to be the norm for no meal for an SE in paid J.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My 15% off code for broken USB got me $330 value on some Hawaii flights for 4 Didn’t even ask for anything just wanted the J class FA to know so they could fix - was on a new Max.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk

Oh well.

When you mentioned that you wrote in, what email/form submission did you use? Just curious.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
I have one of these forms from about 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. What's the normal follow up time?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by krayZpaving;[url=tel:34892449
34892449[/url]]I have one of these forms from about 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. What's the normal follow up time?
I submitted about 3 weeks ago for a missed snack on a short haul J. Got an answer in 10 days and a 15% off coupon.

I would write in again.
krayZpaving likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Cerberus
during boarding to offer me a free WIFI voucher as she knew it wasn't functional. I declined as I have WIFI as a benefit,
Funny you mention the wifi vouchers. Yesterday on a flight between YVR and YYZ, when I walked up from row 1 to use the lav, every (4-5) crew member was huddled together chatting and only paying attention to showing each other stuff on the internet ln their iphones.

​​​​​​I thought to myself how unprofessional this looked compared to the longhaul TPAC I had just done. I them saw a stack.of crumbled in half AC wifi vouchers in the crew area. Perhaps crew do not get free wifi (or their usage on duty is monitored) so they decided that some random pax wifi was 'inoperative' to use the one-time codes.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by expert7700
Funny you mention the wifi vouchers. Yesterday on a flight between YVR and YYZ, when I walked up from row 1 to use the lav, every (4-5) crew member was huddled together chatting and only paying attention to showing each other stuff on the internet ln their iphones.

​​​​​​I thought to myself how unprofessional this looked compared to the longhaul TPAC I had just done. I them saw a stack.of crumbled in half AC wifi vouchers in the crew area. Perhaps crew do not get free wifi (or their usage on duty is monitored) so they decided that some random pax wifi was 'inoperative' to use the one-time codes.
Sounds like a typical example of BS (Barely Service) which has been happening more frequently I've noticed.

On a recent flight, I had issues connecting (usually never do) and the response I got was "well my Wi-Fi is working so yours should too." I was like okay but is there anything you can do to help "Nope since mine works you need to contact Air Canada." Talk about award-winning service!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I had issues with wifi as well on a recent flight and was not offered one of these forms. Is there a link to submit a concern electronically?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.