Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards Earned July-December 2022 to be doubled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards Earned July-December 2022 to be doubled

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Interestling, I've been doubled up on my last 2 priority rewards already. I noticed a few months ago, and used one of the surplus ones back in July. Was very confused as to why I had more than I should've. Anyone else notice this take effect long before this email?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by cmill007
Interestling, I've been doubled up on my last 2 priority rewards already. I noticed a few months ago, and used one of the surplus ones back in July. Was very confused as to why I had more than I should've. Anyone else notice this take effect long before this email?
Hmm... I earned one on August 6, 2022, that's expiring on August 6, 2023. It has not yet doubled.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I don’t mind the priority rewards as they allow me to visit short-haul US cities (NHL, MLB, or NBA games) for which I would never pay out of pocket.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I don’t mind the priority rewards as they allow me to visit short-haul US cities (NHL, MLB, or NBA games) for which I would never pay out of pocket.
How do they even help on flights like that? Most of the out of pocket price is taxes and fees anyways and the PR only halves the basic point cost, so even if you pay extra points to cover the "taxes" the PR doesn't help on those. I suppose it does open up last minute options if it makes more expensive dynamically priced awards a reasonable cost?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cerberus
I got the same email -- although, I honestly don't know what "Priority Rewards" are and hence probably not that excited about it. What's the benefit? All my flights are business related and covered by my firm.
A PR allows you to redeem Aeroplan points for a flight (within the parameters of your PR, eg. domestic/TB up to PY, international J) using 1/2 the number of points. The name is pretty poor because there's no priority involved there - it's just a discount on redemption.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I would rather spare 3000 points than spend $650 on a flight from YYZ-PIT, for example. It works for me, but I’m sure the rest of FT would rather use them in long-haul flights.

Originally Posted by zkzkz
How do they even help on flights like that? Most of the out of pocket price is taxes and fees anyways and the PR only halves the basic point cost, so even if you pay extra points to cover the "taxes" the PR doesn't help on those. I suppose it does open up last minute options if it makes more expensive dynamically priced awards a reasonable cost?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
A PR allows you to redeem Aeroplan points for a flight (within the parameters of your PR, eg. domestic/TB up to PY, international J) using 1/2 the number of points. The name is pretty poor because there's no priority involved there - it's just a discount on redemption.
Thanks for the straight forward explanation -- it was kind of what I suspected tbh. Well, as long as people find it useful I suppose. Not every perk is worth the same to everyone.
Foboscan likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I am glad to see this bonus offered. I make sure I use all my PRs and my SQD will be between $45K and $50K this year.

Been booking some pretty sweet itineraries using PRs lately!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
This is exactly what I use them for too. Go YVR-LAX and back for 10k points, etc. Basically free.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
The 50k limit has really screwed me. I basically hit super elite last spring and earned 2 J rewards. I am now at 70k and earning nothing incremental and will not benefit for this bonus.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
I haven't seen a single one of my priority rewards get doubled yet...

I would assume I would see them with equivalent expiring dates right?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Erome
I haven't seen a single one of my priority rewards get doubled yet...

I would assume I would see them with equivalent expiring dates right?

Nor have I.

No one knows yet:
1) when the doubled PR's will be deposited.
2) what the expiry dates of (1) will be.
folkart, Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cmill007

Oh interesting because this user noticed that they got a double up so was wondering if I'm the exception - seems like they may be!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Hilton
For those wondering about when the bonus PR will appear (and their expiry), I came across this in their fine print:
  • Upon earning one (1) or more Priority Reward(s) during the Offer Period, the corresponding Bonus Priority Reward(s) awarded will be deposited in the Eligible Member’s account, from mid-September until 8 weeks following the end of the Offer Period.
  • All Bonus Priority Rewards expire one (1) year from their date of issuance.

source: I can't post the full URL due to forum rules, but air canada site --> /ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan/promotions/status-requalification.html#/tnc
I take this to mean that any historically earned double-ups should start crediting any time...
Captain Canuck and unclepants like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Here is the link : https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...tion.html#/tnc

CC
AdmiralBenson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.