Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on Aeroplan cancellation/upgrade

Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat

We have a Standard Reward booking in Y that is past the 24-hr free cancellation. In retrospect, this is a trip I'd like to upgrade to J.

If I could have the points I had spent on it back, and if I were to make a brand new booking, I'd have enough minimum points and be willing to spend the ~0.02 per point to make up the rest.

When I called Aeroplan, the only option to upgrade is points (no "+cash available"). I do have enough points to make the booking Latitude Reward, which is supposed to be refundable. Would it really be, or would the initial fare rules make it impossible to cancel the original Standard, now Latitude, Reward booking in this roundabout way?

Any advice or other ideas would be appreciated, including if anyone knows when the next 100% bonus on buying Aeroplan points might be That 85% the other week doesn't look so bad at the moment.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.