SYD/AKL trip on AC and NZ

Old Sep 8, 22, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
SYD/AKL trip on AC and NZ

I did a YYZ-SYD-AKL-YYZ trip outbound on AC and inbound on NZ, both in 787 PY.

AC J looks way better than NZ J. NZ pods are tiny, somewhat cramped with very little privacy. Your legs stick out into the aisle.
NZ PY is better than AC PY. The extended foot rest and leg rests make a huge difference. The kit is also slightly better. NZ has free wifi for everyone although I didn't use it (In the air is blissful unconnected time). Food and drinks very similar i.e. bland but NZ has a longer list of special meals. The Pinot Gris was very good.
Entertainment is almost the same. NZ over the ear headsets are better than the standard AC ones but you'd be better off bringing your own.
Surprisingly there were far fewer people coming in from Y to use the PY latrine on NZ compared to AC.
Lounge experience - very similar, but the food in NZ was closer to the Signature Lounge.
Old Sep 8, 22, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
NZ PY is a really a fantastic cabin. Always happy to take it across the Tasman whenever I am down there

I believe NZ's new J is supposed to be much better but their current cabin is out of date. They just cannot do good coffee on board
Old Sep 9, 22, 6:56 am

Programs: AC E50K
Great feedback! Have a similar trip coming up in the winter; YVR-AKL in AC PY, AKL-TPE in NZ PY so will be interesting to make the comparisons.
Old Sep 9, 22, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.03MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by karachi View Post
Surprisingly there were far fewer people coming in from Y to use the PY latrine on NZ compared to AC.
Probably because there were fewer North Americans on the flight.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
NZ PY is a really a fantastic cabin. Always happy to take it across the Tasman whenever I am down there

I believe NZ's new J is supposed to be much better but their current cabin is out of date. They just cannot do good coffee on board
As as rule, I just dont drink coffee or tea on board. nothing that comes out of a tap onboard is good

Search this Thread